5.0 out of 5 stars Fast boil, light and easy to refill
Fast boil, light, easy to refill and damn good value. Also has the water level indicator. Don't know what people are on about it being noisy. Every kettle I have ever had has been noisy and this is the same
Published 21 months ago by InternetAddict

3.0 out of 5 stars Limescale?
Works fine, does what it is supposed to BUT there is no filter to prevent limescale from getting your drink. Instead of there being a mesh insert like most kettles there are very large holes for the water to flow through. Being in London you really need the mesh! Guess I will just have to descale it very often.
Published 11 months ago by nora

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast boil, light and easy to refill, 6 Jan 2013
This review is from: Breville VKJ666 Polished Stainless Steel Jug Kettle (Kitchen & Home)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Gift, 11 Nov 2012
W. P. J. Sheppard "Eklbride" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
I was looking for a replacement for the kettle that has served me well for a number of years. Having been happy with other Breville products that I have purchased over the years I decided to choose this kettle. It looks smart, but more importantly, it is well built and does the job it is meant to do. It is good value for money and I would recommend this kettle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what a kettle should., 13 April 2013
This kettle works perfectly and poors well.
I have owned Breville kettles before and this one does not disappoint
It boils very quickly and is not too noisy.
Recommemded highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Breville's brilliant boiler, 26 Feb 2013
Lou (Manchester) - See all my reviews
My previous stainless steel Breville kettle lasted 6 years - impressive considering it was heavily used every day. I searched for that same model, but can only find it now for £35! This one looks to be the follow-on model, and I'm impressed by how much easier it is to keep clean (the more angular spout greatly reduces dribbling, and limescale spots just wipe off, whereas they were more difficult to remove on the older model. Although I've always had Breville kettles, I'll admit that I did consider the Morphy Richards model (the only other decent £20 stainless steel kettle). However, that one does not have a water-level indicator, which ruled it out for me (OK, the water-level indicator on this Breville is not easy to see, but it's way better than none at all). In short, a great kettle for the money.

3.0 out of 5 stars Limescale?, 10 Oct 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Jug kettle, 28 Mar 2013
A good looking kettle, it boils quickly though is quite noisy. It's nice to handle and is not too heavy when full. I like that the element is covered and can't get limescale on it. The kettle arrived really quickly and well packed, I'm pleased with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars First rate, 6 Aug 2013
Bought this after managing to knock my previous kettle onto its top so hard that my husband could do nothing to fix it. Lots of review reading later finally bought on impulse an own make kettle from a large well known electrical company. Forced to take this back two days later as the taste of burnt electrics was getting worse. Again rounds of kettle reviews and decided this was a known make nice looking and good price. And yes it lived up to all of these, boils quickly, easy to fill ( you fill up kettles so often you instinctively know when its full anyway) so the gauge was not a problem as some have mentioned in previous reviews.It looks lovely in my kitchen and I would buy this make again, will just try to be a little kinder to it this time and NOT drop it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good Kettle, 18 Oct 2013
Great for the price. I particularly liked that it doesn't have a plastic clip on filter; instead it has a stainless steel built-in filter that cannot warp in use. My previous kettle was an earlier model of this one - & was thrown out because the filter became non usable & couldn't get a replacement from Breville - not very environmentally friendly!!!

Admittedly, the holes are large & cannot actually filter any scale - but my kettle gets descaled once a week with citric acid so it is nearly always clean (I live in London so really hard water) I'm happy with this purchase & would recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 29 Aug 2013
Much prefer to heat up water in a metal kettle and not a plastic one.
Good swift service and good value

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted, 24 Jun 2013
Was a bit worried after reading the reviews about the water indicator being hard to read but I haven't found it an issue. The fact that you are filling it from the top means you can see how much water there is in it! It's not quiet but the higher kw ones aren't usually. It's nice looking, easy to fill (even with a water filter jug) and boils quickly. Exactly what I needed