on 11 November 2012
I was looking for a replacement for the kettle that has served me well for a number of years. Having been happy with other Breville products that I have purchased over the years I decided to choose this kettle. It looks smart, but more importantly, it is well built and does the job it is meant to do. It is good value for money and I would recommend this kettle.
on 26 February 2013
My previous stainless steel Breville kettle lasted 6 years - impressive considering it was heavily used every day. I searched for that same model, but can only find it now for £35! This one looks to be the follow-on model, and I'm impressed by how much easier it is to keep clean (the more angular spout greatly reduces dribbling, and limescale spots just wipe off, whereas they were more difficult to remove on the older model. Although I've always had Breville kettles, I'll admit that I did consider the Morphy Richards model (the only other decent £20 stainless steel kettle). However, that one does not have a water-level indicator, which ruled it out for me (OK, the water-level indicator on this Breville is not easy to see, but it's way better than none at all). In short, a great kettle for the money.
on 13 April 2013
This kettle works perfectly and poors well.
I have owned Breville kettles before and this one does not disappoint
It boils very quickly and is not too noisy.
Recommemded highly.
on 10 October 2013
Works fine, does what it is supposed to BUT there is no filter to prevent limescale from getting your drink. Instead of there being a mesh insert like most kettles there are very large holes for the water to flow through. Being in London you really need the mesh! Guess I will just have to descale it very often.
on 6 January 2013
Fast boil, light, easy to refill and damn good value. Also has the water level indicator. Don't know what people are on about it being noisy. Every kettle I have ever had has been noisy and this is the same
on 28 March 2013
A good looking kettle, it boils quickly though is quite noisy. It's nice to handle and is not too heavy when full. I like that the element is covered and can't get limescale on it. The kettle arrived really quickly and well packed, I'm pleased with my purchase.
on 6 August 2013
Bought this after managing to knock my previous kettle onto its top so hard that my husband could do nothing to fix it. Lots of review reading later finally bought on impulse an own make kettle from a large well known electrical company. Forced to take this back two days later as the taste of burnt electrics was getting worse. Again rounds of kettle reviews and decided this was a known make nice looking and good price. And yes it lived up to all of these, boils quickly, easy to fill ( you fill up kettles so often you instinctively know when its full anyway) so the gauge was not a problem as some have mentioned in previous reviews.It looks lovely in my kitchen and I would buy this make again, will just try to be a little kinder to it this time and NOT drop it.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 2 February 2014
The kettle is quite a nice looking one with a shiny stainless steel look. It has a window gauge so you can see how much water is in the kettle . This also shows the max and min line so you cannot boil it dry or over fill it. This is rather strangely placed behind the handle so isn't the easiest to see but it still can be seen but not while holding the handle.

The switch is quite obvious and clear plastic so hopefully it will last being flicked down several times a day and it is found under the handle . The kettle lights up a blue colour on the switch when it is on. You aren't left in much doubt after the first few seconds as it is quite a noisy beast.

The first thing I noticed apart from the jet engine - like noise as it was boiling, was the fact that his kettle help a lot more water than our previous one. The last used to just about fill our tea pot but this fills it and has some water still left over. This is very handy for us as my husband has a huge mug which uses well over half the tea pot so we can pour his, top up the tea pot and still have tea for a few other people!

This kettle has been designed to be a fast boil hence saving time and also the amount of time you have to suffer the noise.

This kettle has a 3kW concealed element which is apparently very efficient and of course does make for easy cleaning and less surface for lime scale to build up on too.
The fact that the kettle can swivel on its base means that it is equally easy for a left or right handed person to use.

I have commented on how much it holds and indeed it holds a massive 1.7L so will pretty much cope with a party of tea and coffee drinkers at one time.

I am happy with my purchase as it was a very reasonable price, it looks good in the kitchen as it matches my other stainless steel bits and pieces that I leave out on the kitchen side.

It does boil pretty fast considering how much water it holds and it does seem to boil faster than our old one too.

I like the fact that the lid is easy to open and fill the kettle, it flips open on a hinge not like those with the lift off lid that sticks. We have two of those in our village coffee shop and they are a pain.

I like the window wit the gauge and the fact that I can see the blue light indicating it is switched on from across the room.

I don't like the fact that conversation has to cease in the room and if the telephone goes I have to go out of the kitchen otherwise I cannot hear who is on the other end if the kettle is boiling.
on 18 October 2013
Great for the price. I particularly liked that it doesn't have a plastic clip on filter; instead it has a stainless steel built-in filter that cannot warp in use. My previous kettle was an earlier model of this one - & was thrown out because the filter became non usable & couldn't get a replacement from Breville - not very environmentally friendly!!!

Admittedly, the holes are large & cannot actually filter any scale - but my kettle gets descaled once a week with citric acid so it is nearly always clean (I live in London so really hard water) I'm happy with this purchase & would recommend
on 24 June 2013
Was a bit worried after reading the reviews about the water indicator being hard to read but I haven't found it an issue. The fact that you are filling it from the top means you can see how much water there is in it! It's not quiet but the higher kw ones aren't usually. It's nice looking, easy to fill (even with a water filter jug) and boils quickly. Exactly what I needed