on 11 July 2012
This is a superb player of blurays and DVDs but I thought I would just say few things about its network / home media streaming capabilities.

In various reviews on the net they say that this player can only play a very small number of file formats over the network. While this is generally true, the player seems to have a way around it. Several people have complained that popular common file types such as MKV will not play over the network from their NAS hard drive, only via USB. It seems to be true that DLNA streaming on this is limited to mp4 and m2ts. However....

It appears that if you access your NAS drive via a different mode ("add Network Drive" as opposed to connecting through the Home Network / DLNA) it is more sucessful. When I connected to my NAS directly as a Network Drive the BDT320 could see and play all my music, photos and videos, regardless of format. So it's possible that the 320 may be able to replace your network media player after all. It should be noted that while 1080p files will steam perfectly it does struggle with 3D 1080p....this is definitely a player issue because I have other devices on my network which will wirelessly stream 3D/1080p without any problems.

Apologies if this review has been a bit technical but I hope that the sort of buyers who might use the player in this sort of way will know what I mean. I really just wanted people to know that this bluray player actually CAN function as a network media player, contrary to some of the online reviews.
on 12 December 2012
The PS3 I was using to play movies on has packed up. I had a good look around and finally decided on this model over a new PS3 Slim 12GB and a Samsung (to go with the TV), both of which came out badly with regards to noise and I'm glad I did as I can't fault the unit at all. It's thin, compact, quiet, has built in wireless, optical out and took literally 2 minutes to install and setup.

Some reviews have complained about the glowing light where the disc goes in, don't worry this can be turned off in the menus. OK the Remote control is a bit odd, and takes a bit of getting used to. But I have found the by connecting to my TV via HDMI I can use the TV remote via the HDMI-CEC feature. I have also downloaded the app to my Sony Xperia S Android smart phone and that works quite well also, in fact probably a bit better than the remote!

3D playback looks great, disc loading times are fairly quick. Online features seem ok. I'm not interested in Netflix, Love Film or Skype but YouTube app seemed ok when I tried it. BBC iPlayer works well, although it didn't let me play anything in HD but I'm not sure if that's because my internet connection wasn't good enough or if it's the player.

Dave
on 30 December 2012
This item was delivered very rapidly, and appears to be very good quality and construction.
The player itself is excellent and has many features that I thought I would never use like Youtube etc... but The kids love it.

A great feature is it's ability to connect to a remote server like my DS211j diskstation, it will then play all my stored media over the network! (movies, pictures and MP3's)

However - the remote is RUBBISH!! it's a touch pad affair like on a laptop... suffice to say that it's a really BAD idea...which kind of spoils an otherwise good solid product

I would still definitely recommend though..

update... I just bought a 'normal' remote off ebay for £15.. sorted!!
on 14 June 2012
The Panasonic DMP-BDT320EB is an excellent player and visually is compact and its angular shape is appealing.
Both images and sound are top notch, the remote takes a bit of getting use to but once you have adapted to the touch controls it is quick in operation.
Panasonic have gone a long way to help the individual to enhance the sound that they like with various settings and as with all Panasonic products they are well made, durable and rarely go wrong.
The Picture like the Panasonic TV is adjustable to personal taste and is excellent.
All the purchaser needs is a good quality HDM lead and a good quality dedicated Audio/ visual Mains Cable lead which makes a significant difference.
Recommended.
As for Amazon, their service is excellent and pricing on the whole is very competitive.
on 17 August 2012
I bought this player to complement my new Panasonic 3D TV. HDMI connection and Viera Link make setting up very easy. The player is relatively small and unobtrusive, which is fine. I'm no audio-video expert but it seems to perform perfectly as advertised. The made-for-3D films Tin Tin and Hugo are absolutely fantastic. Definitely recommended.
on 4 July 2013
This is a superb player, I am really glad I chose it. I didn't buy it from this site but used these reviews to help choose it so thank-you for all the information.

I write because I really cannot see what all the fuss is about the remote. I didn't find it particularly troublesome to use. But even for those that do, there are plenty of universal remotes around these days. I did not have to buy an extra one as my existing remote for my Humax Freesat box (which I have had about 3 years) works just fine for all the buttons needed. The very first code I tried 0490 worked a treat. Hope this is helpful to anyone struggling with the supplied remote.

The picture on the player itself is superb. It plays every type of file I need it too as well which is a first. Big thumbs up from me.
on 30 May 2013
I bought mine from Curry's as they were selling it for under £100. I see that Amazon are now doing likewise and for the money it's a great buy.

I was put off by the £230+ price tag earlier in the year especially with the much negative reviews of the remote but I have to say that I cannot for the life of me see what all the negative fuss is about. Yes it's different from the button controllers of old but tbh it took me all of 20 seconds to read and remember the instructions on how to use it. You have to be deliberate with your actions (It is mentioned in the instructions) and it works great.

Set up was a doddle and the firmware update (wireless or wired internet connection required) took about 5 minutes. The menu system is really easy to follow with plenty of personal preferences to play with re sound, picture etc.

The internet (BBC iPlayer and Netflix) is a tad slow, perhaps it's because I have it wireless, but it all works well. Not tried network yet so cannot comment.

Blu-ray reading and start up are quite quick (certainly better than my old Aquos player)Picture is astonishing and for £99 I bet you'd be hard pushed to better it, which I very much doubt.

The unit is slim and well put together with touch controls along the top which are a little hard to find, if like me you keep your player on a shelf and can't see the top of the unit, but that is a small gripe and certainly not a problem. It runs very quietly when playing discs.

As I said I would probably have gone for the £250 Panasonic DMP BDT500 if this machine had been selling for £230 but the fact it's £99 makes it a steal, a real no brainer.
on 4 March 2014
Tried to buy at Richer Sounds but they were out of stock and not getting any more in. The chap there was extremely helpful and apologetic that he couldn't help - rather than sell me a far more expensive "nearest alternative" he said I may pick one up online as this was an excellent but discontinued product. I had said I needed a multi region blu ray as many of my discs were from the USA - he warned me to check first. I did - online - and one site insisted I get the "EB" version as this was multi region. It's not the fault of the supplier but the "EB" is not multi region and is therefore not fit for (my) purpose. In future I will not buy this type of thing online - I will go to Richer Sounds and avoid any misinterpretation!
on 31 January 2013
So i thought id put my review of the BDT320 now, i had researched the device on many review sites, and the main issue that most people hate is the remote control. The player is gorgeously, designed and has won some recent innovation and design awards. The unit comes with 2 USB sockets, which worked with my USB HDD with a number of media files, so i am happy about that as you wont need another media streamer separate. It has a smooth slot loading entry for discs. The startup time and loading of the film to is around 10 seconds. Its very quiet.
It also has Smart Eco technology so turns itself on/off when you approach it i turned it off within the menu system as when it was off it was making a very quiet creeking sound constantly when this mode was on like a power current was constantly processed through it.

The remote to be honest is actually very good i think if you used to an all button remote, then it will be awkward. The touchpad on the remote is very sensitive but once you get a feel to the touchpad and its flow its very quick and works nicely. I suppose some people will find it fustrating at first but the menu system is pretty self explanatory. If you use a tablet or smartphone the touch gestures are similar, i didnt study the manual but glanced. You will figure it out its not complicated at all. If you went with a Panasonic TV as well, the main TV remote is also compatible with the player.

All in all the picture is crisp, sharp and clean. I have no issues. If you want the normal remote, go with the 220.

An awesome player.
on 19 August 2012
I see a big improvement in previous Panasonic players. Picture and sound are fantastic. Have not used 3d yet as I don't have a 3d TV at the moment, but have my eyes on one!