5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic TX-L32E5B
I've had this television for a fortnight now and have hammered it to see how it performs - and it is a superb telly!!
Prior to buying it, I spent a lot of time wandering around Curry's/Dixons/Comet etc looking for a (non 3D) t.v. with a knockout picture and this was the one that stood out.
So I checked out all the features and it soon became clear that the...
Published on 18 April 2012 by david r

2.0 out of 5 stars Audio output on HD (BBC1 HD) lags picture
The picture quality is fine on HD channels. SD channels do not look very good - I realise this is the broadcast signal, but I thought the viewing experience on SD channels worse than the 32" plasma this screen was intended to replace.

I could not accept the lag on audio output when viewing HD channels. I have read many posts about issues with ITV, but I...
Published on 5 Aug. 2012 by Mr. Matthew D. Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic TX-L32E5B, 18 April 2012
So I checked out all the features and it soon became clear that the features packed into it were above and beyond any other tv at this price, so after one more trip to curry's to check out the sound, i bought it!
I've not been disappointed.

1) Freeview HD picture quality is outstanding. I got the tv on the weekend of the US Masters golf and even though i don't like golf, i found myself glued to it because of how good it looked. It is a very leafy golf course and the details on the trees in the distance was brilliant, and you could actually see the ball flying through the air!! I've since watched the Chinese Grand Prix (again, i don't even like formula 1) and the FA cup semi final (Chelsea-Spurs) both in HD and they were both perfect. To me, the Freeview HD on this telly is like looking through a window, it is that clear.

2) Standard definition Freeview is also excellent. I have an 18 month old daughter, so we watch a lot of cbeebies!! In the night garden in particular is a show with loads of bright colours and they show up incredibly well defined.

3) The SCART socket. I have Sky+ (not HD) and initially, when i hooked up my scart lead to the supplied adapter, the picture quality was awful - there was terrible interference from the built-in freeview channels. This was most apparent if the freeview channels had text-heavy programmes such as news channels - if you left one of the many shopping channels on and turned to the sky feed, you could clearly see all the details of the products being sold and for what price in the background of the sky programme! A quick look at google made me realise it was my cheapo scart lead that was the problem, so I ordered a fully insulated cable with metal heads for about 7 quid (from amazon) and bingo, its all sorted!! Not HD-standard obviously, but very clear SD which is fine by me.

4) The HDMI connections allow me to connect my laptop to it. My laptop has a HD screen, but when its hooked to this telly, the picture is so much better that now it is difficult to use the laptop without the Panasonic screen anymore because the difference is so great!

5) My dvd collection has had a lick of paint as well. I got a Panasonic Blu-ray player to go with the tv, and tested it with my star wars dvds. Lots of black and white space scenes, and lots of fast action and explosions, and the tv handled it brilliantly. Awesome stuff.

6) The SD card slot makes pictures from our camera look out of this world! The slideshow mode looks fantastic and way better than any digital frame I have ever seen.

7) The smart tv works very smoothly. I have it linked up via the ethernet socket, and it works very quickly and easily. There is a very good list of apps included (bbc iplayer works very well) and the layout is very nice too.

8) The sound quality is perfectly acceptable. You know with this kind of tv that the speakers are only going to be small and not so powerful, so you just have to accept this or buy external speakers. However, they do do a job and i won't be losing any sleep over them because they are good enough for me.

I hope thats covered eveything - it is a tremendous television, is an excellent addition to our living room and i highly recommend it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic TX-L42E5B Smart TV, 9 May 2012
This is a new model by Panasonic for 2012. Surprised to find it at Amazon at this price. It was delivered within a few days and has proved to be an excellent product. The features are excellent and with the correct dongle, again purchased from Amazon, the internet options are fantastic. Easy to install and works well with our Panasonic surround sound. The picture quality and exceptional sound quality make this a good buy

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value but just misses the mark, 15 Aug. 2012
UPDATED 6th September 2012.

Regarding direct record to USB hard drive or SDHC stick mentioned in the review below. I contacted Panasonic over this and got the following reply today:

ISSUE RESOLUTION:

I am sorry for the lenght of time it has taken us to respond, However I am affraid that it is not possible to record to either USB-HDD or SD card on this model, the USB's are for a USB Keboard and the USB skpe Camera and the SD card slot is for displaying Video and JPegs.

Hope the above is useful.

As with other reviewers comments this TV produces a great picture for the price with plenty of connection options. Very sleek and slim design.

Easy to set up and was up and running as soon as it was out of the box. Connected to the internet straight away (using a Panasonic dongle) and have experienced no streaming problems.

Sound is a bit tinny (not unusual with TVs) but acceptable. I have a Panasonic SC-HTB10 soundbar connencted to it using the SPDIF cable and the sound is now stunning.

Bought it for mutli use, not just watching TV. PS3 and FreeSat box connected via the HDMI ports - fantatstic! I have connected my computer to it using a DVI to HDMI cable (sold by Amazon) and this has produced a great picture at 1600 x 1028 dpi without any blurring or loss of detail even with fast action and graphic intensive games. Also found it very good to work with documents/spreadsheets as I can get two pages on the screen at the same time and read them with ease.

Using the DVI to HDMI lead means no sound is carried via the HDMI lead and this has to be changed in the settings of the port used. The TV comes with an additional sound port and adaptor plug. If using it for a computer though you need to get a phono to RCA splitter and the phono leads themselves. The adaptor that comes with the TV only has RCA connectors. Both were easily obtained at B&Q for under £10, the sound then transfer to the soundbar.

As with all things Panasonic great features and great quality but I have marked it down by one star due to the lack of recording ability.

I have another Panasonic (50" Plasma) where you can record to an external HDD. This TV I would have thought could do the same but does not. Although the HDD is recognised and is shown in "Viera Tools" it does not allow direct TV recording or timer recording through the channel guide. Additionally the manual states that a 64GB SDHC card will allow recording but simply does not. Again it is recognised in "Viera Tools" but not via the guide or direct record. All very confusing as the Panasonic website states a 64Gb card allows up to 27 hours of recorded TV. The manual is very woolly on this subject and there is no real guidance on Panasonic's website and no submenus/settings in the TV tools section to set these items up, disappointing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beware: Buy the correct dongle, 1 April 2012
Amazon is saying that the Netgear RangeMax Dual Band Wireless-N USB Adapter WNDA3100v2 is bought with this TV. Do not buy it because it is incompatible with this TV and so is the Panasonic DY-WL10E-K dongle which Amazon sells. At the time of writing this, the only dongle to work with this TV and others in the 2012 range is the Panasonic TY-WL20E which is not listed by Amazon. Google it and there are likely to be several retailers selling it. Price is currently in the £55 range.
Great TV, easy to set-up. A good purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what is says on the package, 20 Aug. 2012
I have had this TV for a month, replacing a 20 " CRT TV. It was easy to unpack and start, tuned in well and has been easy to use. It has a good set of built in screen, sound and other settings which give you a reasonable set of setup choices. I have not yet explored the detailed setting changes you can make beyond these. We have watched the Olympics and it has preformed well with picture quality. I have not been able to use the wi-fi link to try the web applications due to none delivery of the dongle. I have also not used the sd car reader. I have connected my Humax SD PVR and the playback has been fine, my five year old happy to see her favourite programmes on the bigger screen.I connected it using the included scart adaptor. I have also connected a cheap DVD player using the composite video connections. Play back again has been fine.We have the TV in a corner of the room on a TV cabinet, standing well to the back and it is very stable and we have not had to use the screw hole to fix to the furniture. I my daughter was not five I would have considered doing so.

The remote control is easy and logical to use. The on screen guide is clear and customisable. Improvements would be [a] to have guide and picture on screen at the same time [b] to jump scroll sideways in time. [b] when I start the Humax the picture on the screen at the time is momentarily interrupted, it should be possible to screen this effect out [d] position the ON switch directly on the side or bottom edge of the TV as it is behind the right had edge and I have to locate by feel a screw head and then move up my fingers by feel to press the small ON switch. My five year old at present does not fortunately try to put the TV on for herself as it is only this action that would bring her in to contact with the TV.

Like all LCD/LED TV's the connections are round the back so connecting cables once the TV is in position it awkward give the TV's size. This is one reason I have not screwed the stand to the TV. I took photos of the rear before positioning so I can read the labels and locate connection more easily.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Picture and Sound, 20 Oct. 2012
Firstly, I'm no technophile. Very ordinary, just wanted a tv to watch to replace my aged first generation Samsung flat screen, which had developed feedback loop noise, (buzzing noise, where the noise gets louder, the lighter the screen image is).
I've owned Panasonic CRT TV's before which worked so well that I can remember very little about them. They just worked...always.
I wanted a 32" TV, flat screen, lots of plug in options for internet, home cinema, hard disc recorder, and especially, for my wife to use it as a huge, digital photo frame.
It arrived with no fuss, bang on time. The handbook is written properly and is comprehensive, with diagrams for all possible connotations of external device attachment. It actually seemed to set itself up perfectly; absolute simplicity.
It works perfectly, with a clear crisp picture from any angle. Some people say the audio is tinny; well mine certainly isn't! Its got an A+ energy rating and is preset to auto switch off anyway. When not watching tv, using it as a digital picture frame, either with still or video, fed from a usb memory stick or sd card, whilst simultaneously listening to my CD's also loaded onto the memory stick is great.
The remote is sturdy and logical and the tv is a nice sleek yet discreet piece of furniture.
Havent tried internet yet, either the Vierra variety or the full fat internet but after considering the pros and cons of ethernet cable or wireless dongle, I shall probably go with the, 'Homeplug', option, which seems to provide simplicity with security and little, (apparent), band degredation.
Brilliant price for such a fully functioned TV. Time will tell on reliability but using my own experience of Panasonic products and product reviews, I am as confident as one can be.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good product, 19 Feb. 2013
I have always liked Panasonic products and was looking to buy another TV,looked at the reviews and took the plunge.I ordered Sunday midday and got on the Monday at 9:30am!!,What a service. The TV is a great, good picture, easy to use and works well with any other Panasonic equipment you may have using the Viera link.The only real downside is the sound,its not great and would suggest its connected to a surround sound system,I dont find this too much of a problem as mines running through a panasonic DVD system.Like with anything new, it takes time to set it up the way you like it,sound,picture quality etc, so I am still adjusting to suit my standards and it will take some getting used to.Using it for internet based programs is also very good,You tube,BBCi player are all very good,but will only be good if your broadband speed is good.Also make sure if you are using You tube,BBCi player etc that this will be using up your broadband usage up per month,unless you have unlimted.(I know someone who got caught out and was using BBCi player and You tube a lot,thought it was free,until they had a letter to say they had gone over there usage on broadband.!!). Overall very good TV,good picture,nice to look at,sound not good.Amazon was still the cheapest even with delivery,so do your home work on where your buying from first.If your still unsure if to buy, then I will make the decesion for you.JUST BUY IT !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Taking TV into another dimension, 26 Nov. 2012
Having decided to pass the TV i had been using, which was a cheap and cheerful HD thing with a 24 inch screen and no bells or whistles whatsoever, on to my son, I decided to treat myself to a brand new full HD smart TV. The reviews of the Viera have all been glowing so it was the one I picked, despite my boyfriend making lots of helpful suggestions in other directions. I don't regret my choice at all, in fact i'd go so far as to say that the picture exceeds the expectations that I had before buying it, the sound quality is also amazing, it's easy to set up despite a slightly cackhanded 'don't bother reading the instructions' approach by me, and overall I'm overjoyed with my purchase.

This TV, and all it's features, are high quality and intuitive to use. My boyfriend has a Sony Bravia, which, by comparison, is a nightmare in terms of working out how to access the different functions and set up the various different internet apps (8 months later and he's still not fully worked it out, and as a web designer and all round tech geek, that says something...). If I had to buy another television for any reason, I would not hesitate to make a repeat purchase of the panasonic, and it deserves the industry awards it has received for picture quality etc. A great product for the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars HD TV for use with Home Network Entertainment, 17 Mar. 2012
P Cole "Home Techy" (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
The 'need' was for an 'LED' LCD TV that fitted in easily with my home network which includes a BT Vision box, connected to my router via Comtrend Powerline Ethernet Adapter with Filter although mine came with my BT Vision Box.
As an 'ex' Service Engineer for Consumer Electronics, I've always found Panasonic products to be well made and reliable. This replaced a 15yr old 'CRT' Panasonic which had never failed but was now showing signs of a failing crt. This product met all my requirements: -
'LED' LCD 37inch
Full HD 1080p
HD Freeview
Wired ethernet - Much quicker and more secure than wireless.
SD Card and USB inputs
The item arrived quickly and securely from the seller.
To complete its installation into my network, I also ordered: -
2 * Duronic 1m FTP Professional Gold Headed Network Cable - Black - High Speed Premium Quality Cat5e / Patch / Ethernet / Modem / Router / LAN
2 * AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet 6.5 Feet / 2.0 m The multi-position plugs make this an ideal HDMI lead for any socket orientation combinations.
1 * TP-Link 5-Port Gigabit Unmanaged Desktop Switch (TL-SG1005D) Plastic Case
Set-Up: -
The ethernet cable from the powerline adaptor went into socket 5 of the 'Desktop Switch' The 2 new network cables coming from sockets 1/2 then went to this TV and the BT Vision box.
One HDMI cable was connected between the TV and the BT Vision Box (Second cable is for future use)
The TV is supplied with a 'full' adaptor lead to convert a scart plug to fit the smaller AV1 socket. I can confirm this does support auto switching ie when connected equipment is switched on, the TV automatically switches to AV1 input.
Now connected, I switched TV on and followed the easy set-up instructions. Basically, the set does it for you, including Internet connection (if hard wired). The only choices/changes I made were:
DVB tuning - I selected 'England Regional' then South East, rather than 'All Regions'
Picture Menu - Adjusted 'Contrast' Lowered as picture was quite 'sparkly'
Sound Menu - Set Distance to wall
Conclusion: Well designed TV, neat and unobtusive. Performs well with crisp, clear pictures with very good colour saturation. The black surround adding to the sharpness/presentation. Obviously the style/design of any manufacturers flat screen TV leaves little room for 'full-range' speakers but, this units performs well. (Watching 'The Three Musketeers' HD, 'all' the effects were heard with no distortion). Easy to use/set-up (Don't be put off by thick instruction book). Intergrates well into my home network with fast access/response to 'VIERA connect' (Panansonic Web Service)
I would recommend this TV to anyone and could not find it any cheaper.

5.0 out of 5 stars A first class television for all homes..., 31 Dec. 2012
Petra just a girl who loves to read... "book ... (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Panasonic TX-L42ESB 42-Inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p Smart Internet LED TV with Freeview HD - Black (New for 2012) for me was a brilliant buy mainly as I was always told that Panasonic is a make of television which I could buy with confidence. From the moment this television was taken out of the box it showed pure class as it is so well made and looks good in the front room.
It was so easy to set up, to be exact all we had to do was follow their basic instructions regarding the Sky box and the Panasonic Blu Ray Player and within ten minutes everything was working perfectly. The first thing which stood out was the screen and quality of the picture it was so vivid regarding colours etc. it felt I was inside the screen watching all going on straight in front of me. Everyone who comes through the door and sees the television working is amazed at the quality of the television especially the screen quality and playing of the actual television programmes is first class. The volume is easy to control and easy to find the audible satisfaction for your ears.
One thing I loved as with our last Panasonic television and once again with this one there is a hold facility which means I am able to freeze the picture which is very handy and used regularly especially when we want to know those very important lottery numbers or when I would like a closer look at something of interest will hold the chosen picture for whatever length of time required.
The actual remote control is very easy to work and immediate reaction with the actual television plus with our new Blu ray player being Panasonic we are able to use the television remote to work both the player and television with the remote control can control both television and the blu ray player. The buttons are well spaced and will suit all members of the household even those in our household who have rather podgy fingers.
One thing which makes this television perfect for our home is that it is MPeg 4 enabled which means as we live in Northern Ireland we are able to watch RTE channels which for us is extra good as they do have excellent programme choice especially when it comes to our American television shows.
The price asked for the television was another plus for us as Amazon are selling this television at a very competitive price plus their delivery is quick and so handy to have the television delivered to the front door is another plus for us as a family.
The Panasonic TX-L42ESB 42-Inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p Smart Internet LED TV with Freeview HD is one television I would recommend to all households not only is it an excellent buy not only is it excellent value but the pleasure it gives us as a family through our viewing time is an added bonus.