on 26 November 2013
Very happy with the TV it is everything I wanted and Electrical discount provided brilliant service. Smart TV works great with built in wi fi
on 10 October 2013
A great TV. Looks good and sounds good. More functionality than I realized, which was a bonus so once again Panasonic doesn't disappoint.
on 1 September 2012
Upsides:
It's a very good Panasonic TV with excellent 2D picture rendition. Plenty of controls within the software to adjust the picture to the way you want it in terms of contrast, brightness, colour richness and so on.

3D rendition is good and the set comes with 4 pairs of 3D glasses included.

Setup was easy and it picked up the house wifi network instantly. No fiddling with an extra-cost dongle.

Connectivity is good with USB and HDMI ports, and an SD card slot.

It looks elegant.

Delivery was quick from Amazon and their carrier DPD.

Downsides:
If you expect swift, smooth-flowing access to the web, then you may be disappointed. There is a very limited range of web services to access via some sort of Panasonic 'app store'.

Using the numeric buttons on the remote to pump in letters for a web address in the browser is cumbersome in the extreme if you're used to a keyboard. It's crying out for a keyboard as well a remote. It feels and behaves like an early example of integrated TV and internet-ready computer. However, it is probably one of the best of its type.

If you don't want the TV to use power on standby, you have to use the power on/off switch, which is buried in a fiddly position around the back of the set.

Overall, the 2D and 3D TV experience is good, the web side of things far less so.
77 comments|22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 December 2012
TV is mostly average but the handling of dark parts of the image wasn't acceptable to me. I particularly remember indoor scenes of episodes of Merlin, Law and Order SVU and the first part of Book of Eli as being irredeemably dark!

Smart functions worked fairly well.

I paid a little more and upgraded to a Sony KDL-46HX853 which is better in all respects.
on 16 December 2012
This is a great TV, very easy to set up, 3D is fine (don't really use it).
The Internet connection was also really easy; it picked up the Wifi straight away and no problems at all with the speed. Watch iPlayer HD and youtube as if it were just another TV channel. The user interface leaves a bit to be desired- it is quite fiddly to enter text into the search window in Youtube for instance.
Overall though, very pleased indeed with it.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 July 2014
Wish I had realised that only a few internet sites could be accessed. Would have liked catch up services for more than just BBC.
THE GLASSES ARE RUBBISH! They break just putting them on the head; even the extras bought from Argos!!!!!!
Out of four pairs with the set and two extra we have only one pair intact!!
None used by children an d we hardly ever use 3D since we don`t have a sky channel.
on 26 May 2012
Panasonic TX-L42ET5B 42-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p 3D LED TV with Freeview HD - Black (New for 2012)
I bought this tv for gaming purposes, sd tv and blu ray etc are not really my concern. So is it any good? Well I decided on this tv for the passive 3d. Active 3d glasses I found just are not comfy for long gaming sessions. The glasses are very light and fit over my prescription specs ver nicely. So far I have seen no cross talk so big thumbs up, although the viewing angle ( up and down ) is rubbish in 3d mode so it is useless if you want to wall mount it. I don't so it's all good. Also be aware that because it's passive 3d it is not full hd. IE gran turismo 5 will be outputed at 720p in 3d mode not the full 1080p, though in my opinion it doesn't make much difference. The other big concern was the reported input lag of 80 to 100ms. The fist thing I tested was guitar hero 3. I am not the best gh player so I tend to stick to medium difficulty. On playing there is some noticeable lag. It looked like I was only just hitting the notes so I used the in game calibration an clocked up a max of 62ms and a minimum of 35ms over 5 calibrations. Once done I 100% Metallica 'one' on medium so the lag is not that much of an issue. Even online playing kill zone 3 I consistently came in the top 5 players which is my usual so I am very pleased.

Tithe picture is very crisp and clear although I haven't played too much with the settings. Also the sound from the tv speakers is pretty poor so an external source is a must.

Hope that sheds a little light. Not a comprehensive review, just a few opinions of my own.
55 comments|2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 May 2013
Overall great TV, superb picture especially with HD content. Had to turn off the picture frame rate smoothing as it made a bad job of it during quick action scenes.

Sound is a bit thin, but still adequate for general viewing.
on 5 April 2013
Ordered this tv on Saturday and it arrived on the Monday AM, the tv is fantastic and was extremely easy to set up, picture is fabulous there is really nothing bad to say, we paid £999 reduced from £1895
on 12 January 2013
I recommend this tv 3D is great the size fits our room perfectly the sound is natura you will not be disappointedl