on 9 December 2012
After spending HOURS and DAYS and WEEKS trawling the internet looking for a guitar for my 6 year old son, I finally decided to go with this one. I could only find one other review for this guitar which put me off. My son hasn't seen it yet but I've had it out a few times to keep retuning it while the strings settle down and I have to say that I am very impressed. Each time I get it out the tuning is getting more stable and will be fine once the strings have stretched. The half size will be perfect for him as I hadn't been sure between this and a 3/4 size and I can play it okay too so will last him for a few years. (he's an average sized 6 year old)It makes a lovely sound for a nylon stringed guitar and I am so pleased with my purchase. I'm not a very good guitarist and can only strum basic chords but I do play other instruments so wanted a proper instrument not a toy in case my son does want to learn rather than just play with it which this definitely is. The guitar looks fab (we have red) and the strap and case are also great additions.
on 19 February 2014
Solidly built and a nice size for kids up to about 9 or 10 I'd say.
I bought this for my 6 yr old after having to return a Stagg guitar that cost me twice as much because it was awful.
Most importantly, the notes on the key 2nd and 3rd frets are nicely in tune. (The Stagg could not play a chord in tune despite strings being in tune because of poor fret placement.)
Nylon strings here and a low action make it very easy for little fingers to form chords.
Throw in a nice strap and an acceptable little bag and I'm feeling very chuffed with this purchase indeed!
on 21 December 2013
Bought this for my grandsons 6th birthday he absolutely loves it.It is of very good quality and came well packaged.I would definately recommend this guitar.
on 11 July 2013
Would definitely recommend for any child looking to start up the guitar, comes in lots of amazing colours and arrived very promptly
on 26 July 2013
Really nice guitar. Good quality, nicely classical and beautiful colour. Sounds really nice too and easy for my son to play.
on 6 April 2013
I bought it for my younger kid and he loved it.
If we look in deep there are some details not very well finished, but its a cheap guitar so we cant expect it to be perfect.
If the boy want to keep exploring the guitar in the future we can buy a better one, for now this one is just fine, he doesn't know how to play and he is just five years old.
on 19 September 2012
Wonderful 1/2 size guitar. Sounds beautiful for its size, and looks beautiful in green. I use it as a classical travel guitar, and although fret spacing is less than that for a full guitar, one can easily adapt (stretch those fingers wider again) when using a full-size guitar. Very good quality for the price, and the "free" matching-green coloured carry bag is real snazzy. Guitar is well made, and doesn't look as if it is made for kids.
on 21 March 2014
I bought this for my five year old Nephew as a b day present and he loves it It stays in tune although he can't really play it yet so you can't tell it is perfect size for him and it is just lovely
on 27 November 2015
I purchased this for my son and on first use the strings and keys broke off. My son was extremely careful with it and is obviously disappointed that it is such poor quality.
on 29 November 2014
Very good guitar for the price. Perfect size for 7 year old son. Initially required re-tuning every other day (used daily for 10 mins ) but after a couple of weeks the strings seemed to bed in, and now only requires a small tune up once a week or so. The sound is pretty good, and the construction seems solid, having been bumped and dropped a couple of times! The only 'down' point as it were is that the carry case is very thin and does not afford much protection, but then for the price you cannot expect a fully padded case.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse