5.0 out of 5 stars Easy 8 does indeed make it easy!
I took delivery of this ironing board recently to go with the Philips Perfectcare Steam Generator Iron, I must say this ironing board is huge, but when folded down it is not much bigger than your standard ironing board but it is very sturdy and well made.

Published on 28 May 2012 by Rainey

2.0 out of 5 stars Almost Good
I love the size, it means I can iron a bit quicker, however this product has two fundamental flaws.
Published 18 months ago by Steff

2.0 out of 5 stars Almost Good, 5 April 2013
This review is from: Philips GC240/05 Easy 8 Ironing Board (Kitchen & Home)
1. The board has a perferated base. Which doesn't sound like a problem, until you iron for more than 20 minutes, then what happens is the steam that penetrates the cover (which let's face it with a steam generator will happen a lot), condences on the bottom. That means clothes get covered in patches of water AND water drops to the floor, so you effectively get puddles under the ironing board if you iron for more than 20 minutes.
2. The wings are also a good idea, but they too have a major flaw. When they are engaged, there is a gap between the main board and the wings. So you can't actually use the wings to iron, as a crease will appear.

Bottom line is it's overpriced with great ideas that aren't executed properly. If I had it over again, I would leave it until version 2 comes out, and Philips actually tried ironing on it for more than 20 minutes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy 8 does indeed make it easy!, 28 May 2012
This review is from: Philips GC240/05 Easy 8 Ironing Board (Kitchen & Home)

This is the Rolls Royce of ironing boards in my opinion, it has fold-out wings on the tip which make short work of ironing shirts, can't believe nobody has ever thought of this before, it also has a handy little side pocket can hold your tv remote, starch etc, there is a decent size fold out rack on the back end for hanging your ironed garments and a fold up pole to guide your cable through so it never gets in your way, this can be set up on either side of the board making it suitable for both left and right handed people.

Ironing has never been a favourite chore of mine but this ironing board along with the steam generator iron has certainly made this task much easy. Highly recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars Board flexes and sounds like a wobble board. It is rubbish. Not recommended., 1 May 2013
Dean Marshall "DJM" - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Philips GC240/05 Easy 8 Ironing Board (Kitchen & Home)
I will not bother with pros and cons of this ironing board as it has a fatal flaw. The middle of the ironing board surface flexes every time you pass the iron over it making a irritating noise and affecting the quality of the ironing. This is unacceptable from even the cheapest ironing board. A terrible product and not recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, Brilliant , Brilliant, well worth the money !, 27 May 2012
This review is from: Philips GC240/05 Easy 8 Ironing Board (Kitchen & Home)
I purchased the Philips Perfect Care Iron, so I purchased the Easy 8 ironing Board to go with it, and i was not disappointed one bit ! I have to say the ironing board is quite big but when you have a steam generator iron you are thankful you have a big ironing Board to go with it. It is like a new gadget to me with loads of different things on it. As it is called Easy 8 it has 8 clever solutions to make ironing easier. It has wings at the side to make ironing shirts and t shirts easier, and they fold away when not in use, it has a fold away basket to keep the remote control in or a bottle of juice in, A fold up or down Shirt hanging rail which feels really sturdy so no fear of it breaking. The cover feels really padded so their is no fear your going to have the imprint of the metal on your clothes ! The ironing Tray is big which means your Steam Generator iron sits easily on it with no fear of it falling off or having to sit it on your actual ironing board. A fold away Cord Holder so you don't get tangled up , The Board is extra large so you can iron more of your clothes in one go, and it has a locking system so if you have children there is no fear of them opening or closing the ironing board by mistake. I would recommend the Philips Easy 8 Ironing Board to everyone it actually makes ironing a lot easier and dare i say it,,,, a pleasure.Philips GC240/05 Easy 8 Ironing Board

5.0 out of 5 stars Another superhero from Philips, 29 May 2012
This review is from: Philips GC240/05 Easy 8 Ironing Board (Kitchen & Home)
I took delivery of this rather expensive ironing board to go with a Philips Perfectcare GC9230 and initially thought no ironing board can be worth paying that for it, but how wrong can you be it is a super ironing board, looks very big but it means you can get more of the item you are ironing on the board making it quicker and easier to iron. Ingenious little sliding pocket for mobile phone, tv remote or drink etc, foldable shoulder wings for easier ironing of shirts, a sturdy metal rack for hanging ironed shirts on hangers, a foldable flexible arm for keeping cords out of the way, a good sturdy locking system and a good sized plate to hold even the biggest of irons.
My hubby finds it a lot easier to iron on, with being tall as the board goes higher than standard boards, I also find it easier on the highest setting as I have hand and arm problems and I am not having to lean over and down so no backache for us either.
All in all a very good quality sturdy board that I would recommend as being worth the investment .

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm bored of ironing, 3 Nov 2013
Crookedmouth ":-/" (As seen on iPlayer) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a veritable leviathan of an ironing board - a lev-iron-than, if you will - best suited to those who iron for a living, or at least do a good deal more ironing than I or Mrs Crookedmouth do. I've uploaded a couple of photos that give you an idea of it's size. Well, OK, maybe there are bigger boards out there (not that I'd know) but this one will need a fair bit of room, both to use AND to store.

Despite it's size, though, it is remarkably light and easy to maneouvre. Opening it is also simple - it is height adjustable - although closing it again is slightly trickier, requiring a lever to be waggled.

There are a fair few "features" to this that may be of interest, not least the instruction pamphlet which would double as a handy tent , sleeping up to four large campers. My favourite are the flip-out wings which allow you to square the pointy end of the board off, making the ironing of sheets and shirts a good deal quicker and easier (some more photos uploaded to demonstrate). However, I normally slip trouser legs over the pointy end for ironing and these wings do get in the way of that, even when folded away - not much but enough to be a minor nuisance.

The board surface is springier than I am used to - I discovered that this is because it is fabricated not from the usual MDF or chipboard plank but from open mesh metal. This wasn't a problem for me and the high quality board cover gave a good smooth, wrinkle free finish to my ironing.

There are a few other trinkets; a wee bag for your TV remote or mobile phone - useful to many, I am sure, but ingratiatingly 21st century to me; a nice big iron tray; a wire cord tidy to keep your iron's cord out of the way and a foldaway hanger.

I and Mrs Crookedmouth were both very pleased with this. It's a little TOO large and TOO clever for my traditional tastes so being a bit of a rotten meany, I'll deduct a star, but it is good value nevertheless.

Happy ironing.

3.0 out of 5 stars Love it or hate it, 13 Dec 2012
This review is from: Philips GC240/05 Easy 8 Ironing Board (Kitchen & Home)
Good things: Quite large but folds down easily. good height, very sturdy, good wide ironing surface, ability to put steam unit on it, cord holder handy. Not so good things: unlike others I find the wings annoying if I try to iron narrow things they get hooked up under the bottom of the wings even if they are extended or not. In fact I now no longer use them even for shirts as I find I iron better without and it keeps my blood pressure down and stops the swearing. Don't you just love ironing? I wish the pointy end of the board was narrower for trouser legs etc. Having said all that I don't regret buying it & am hoping it will last a good long time.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not £100 worth, 1 Jun 2014
This review is from: Philips GC240/05 Easy 8 Ironing Board (Kitchen & Home)
Bought this a couple of weeks ago and the wing broke already. It's easily fixed but not too sure how it's gonna like living in our house!
These wings are good if you have T shirts/polo shirts etc, as you can spread the whole thing out and do it all at once. the remote holder? and the cable tidy? they're both at the wrong side of the board for me and I'm right handed. minor complaints really as the whole thing is a beast of a board that holds the steam generator iron. both of them together are the proverbial dogs ........ but to have the board on it's own with a normal iron?
just get a big iron board for half the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars BIG - just be sure you need this board - suits heavy use, 6 Dec 2013
Ibraar 'Le Saracen' "le_saracen" (London, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is BIG, that's the first thing I thought as it was unboxed.
It dwarfsour previous ironing board in every way and dimension.
It's so big, you could use it to snow board or surf board, and it's also tough, built like a brick **** house and extremely well put together.
Rest assured it'll last years as the fittings are all of high quality.
Wings are pretty useful for trousers and skirts and sleeves.
The Iron rest is pretty good, and industrial in size and function with the hanging rail and cord holder and large iron stand all of which could easily be found in a Dry Cleaners or in a Factory with a real steam generator and next to a Hoffman Press.

So it has every thing you could want for some heavy duty ironing, including a smooth yet firm lined base.

Ironing is a piece of cake on it as a consequence.
We have the Phillips Steam generator and that sits nicely with no flex, and the size and corners mean easy ironing/steaming.

Bear in mind, this is a BIG unity - only get if you really need it - if you do a lot of ironing, have the space for it, and have a steam generator worthy of the size and scope and heavy usage this is designed for.

3.0 out of 5 stars He is heavy and he's not my brother., 20 Nov 2013
Curlynob (Eastleigh, Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This ironing board certainly drew a lot of attention from my colleagues when it was delivered to my work, mostly on account of it's size - It's most striking and useful feature. It's similar in length to my current board but approximately 50% wider with an oversized tray for a steam generator at one end. It's an extremely heavy board with thick tubular legs and solid feet. The combined size and weight actually makes it quite a chore to get it out and put away, but on the plus side I found it very stable once in use. The absolute best thing about this board is that the extra width means you can iron the back of a shirt in one go, quickly and without any repositioning. The designers should probably have just left it there, but clearly they felt the need to keep on going. Hence the two blue wings that you can see in the product photo which are supposed to make the job of ironing shirts even easier. For me they they kept getting in the way. I found them awkward to use and even when not in use (and folded underneath) my shirts and trousers seemed to get continually caught on them. There are lots of other neat little features such as the TV remote storage basket, the shirt hanging rail and the cord / steam hose holder, but it's the size that made the difference for me. The extra width means that I can literally race through a weeks shirts in no time.

Philips GC240/05 Easy 8 Ironing Board