4.0 out of 5 stars Nice read
A really cute story, with villains, knights and a damsel in distress. What more can you want. A really lovely ending too x
Published on 30 Aug. 2012 by zoe

I have only recently started reading Catherine Kean's books and have enjoyed everyone until now.
Published 10 months ago by marnie

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice read, 30 Aug. 2012
zoe (Newark, Nottinghamshire, U.K) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Knight's Reward (Knight's Series Book 2) (Kindle Edition)

3.0 out of 5 stars ... only recently started reading Catherine Kean's books and have enjoyed everyone until now, 29 July 2014
I found myself not enjoying this book mainly because I was so furious at the hero's holier than thou attitude and the mother's wimpiness. Dominic (hero) and Gisella (Anne) had a romantic and sexual relationship four years ago but he leaves to go on the crusades so has only recently discovered she had a child and was forced to marry an abusive, violent man. In one scene he is filled with an all consuming rage that she has been abused by her husband then in the next scene threatens to throw her over his horse and take her to the castle dungeons.
Then he is (again) consumed with rage that she had'nt told him about his son and not once does she say "hang on pal, who left me pregnant, whose fault was it I had to marry a man who scarred me for life." No, she just keeps saying I'm sorry, so sorry.
You know you're in trouble when you prefer the child to the two adults. The 3 year old certainly had more courage than his mother and more honour than his father. Altogether, this book left me angry and frustrated with the two lovers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely series, keeps you reading on....., 31 Oct. 2013
I have been reading books ever since I got my 1st Kindle and I cant get enough of them.
This book took me into another world, would recommend to anyone, you get absorbed in the story.
You never know what is going to happen next, this series has you hooked so expect lots of late nights reading.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Knights Reward (Knights series. bk 2), 20 Jan. 2015
This is bk 2 of 5 in this series. Another yarn that is action packed. I would have like an little extra text in way of an Epilogue though just to round up what happens to Ada and the town... Will Geoffrey make improvements to keep them safe..... I did enjoy this read, although I didn't engage with Gisela as well as other female characters in the other novels in this series. Which was a let down for me.... Dominic I loved, right from the start, and had hoped his own story line would have been as zingy as the other Knights.
I made a mistake when reviewing A Knight's Temptation bk 3, and should have given it a 5*, but instead I did the review for bk 2 (this novel) which has really annoyed me... silly me. So if you get to read this and the other review, please bare that in mind. Sorry....
I do love this authors style and imagination. Her novels are well worth reading.