5.0 out of 5 stars A+++
I'm more of a fiction reader myself but when I saw this I thought I'd give it a go regardless since I've read some of the authors other books.

Published on 21 Feb. 2012 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars poor read
didn't find it good reading or illuminating
Published 6 months ago by Aw Hamilton

5.0 out of 5 stars A+++, 21 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Confidence For Men (Kindle Edition)

Well I'm glad I picked it up because it was actually very enjoyable. Most self help books tend to be filled with filler content, you could normally trim them down by at least half and still end up learning the same amount of stuff. With Confidence For Men, there is literally no filler content at all. This meant I could literally breeze through the book in a couple of sittings.

It consists of 24 main chapters of easy to implement advice. Most of the tips you can start right away or with only a small amount of planning. With others it will take you a lot longer. However I'm going to do everything the book says and we'll see how my confidence improves. I'll post an update in a years time to see if I'm more confident.

The extra chapter at the end regarding all the cool things you can experience to "inject yourself with liquid confidence" was funny and I'm going to try some of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars arise Mr confidence, 7 Jun. 2013
Althought i dont suffer greatly from a lack of self- confidence. We all could use a shot in the arm now and again. Confidence for men; a interesting book highlighting some of the strategy's for gaining more confidence in every aspect of life, and reasons why a lack of confidence can hinder people so much.I really enjoyed this book, so much so that il be searching out other titles by the author.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth reading, 13 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Confidence For Men (Kindle Edition)
Really enjoyed this book, opened up my awareness and senses to further experience life to the max. It's easy to read and has simple but effective techniques and strategies to learn and take in. I would recommend this book to anyone. Thanks Charlie for getting me back on track..

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Tips and Strategies!, 29 May 2012
This review is from: Confidence For Men (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this book. There are some helpful strategies that you can put in place in your lifestyle straight away to help your confidence. I will try them out one by one! I won't be able to do them all straight away because there is a lot of advice in this book, but I'll try the ones that seem easiest first and then bring in the others.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not just good for men, 22 April 2012
This review is from: Confidence For Men (Kindle Edition)
Hi, I bought this book after reading the reviews and thought it would be good for me too (female) It didn't disappoint. All the advice is good for girls too, you just switch it to your gender. I like these books that inform without a load of flowering up and words you don't need or understand. This book is easy to read and not too long. I would suggest you keep referring to it as if you only read it once you tend to lapse into your old ways. Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worthwhile Read, 22 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Confidence For Men (Kindle Edition)
It was all quality information that should be of particular use to younger men, particularly those who are hoping to find better luck with the opposite sex. If you're already married, like myself then you'll find less use for it. It is particularly geared towards helping men look attractive towards women and I have no doubt the advice works very well. However, there is certainly something for everybody here and it's a very well written book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice for building confidence, 11 April 2013
I bought this book after reading a few other books on the subject of confidence and building self-esteem. This is a good quality book and an easy read. The main focus is building confidence through 24 possible strategies. You don't need to use them all, in fact you will get a lot out of the book by using probably ten of them. I also found the book quite inspiring. It made me want to get out there and start making a difference for myself.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal Starting Point, 28 Jan. 2013
TroyofHellen (Ayrshire, Great Britain) - See all my reviews
If you are a man, I beleive that confidence is like money: if you've earned it, there's no such thing as having too much of it.

In this handy little work, Charles Valentino supplies some common-sense, straight-forward hints on how to go about 'earning' your self-confidence. Although he doesn't state it explicitly, if one 'earns' self confidence by pushing one's self outwith existing comfort zones, the newly acquired confidence will truly 'stick' and your personality will be permanently embellished for the better. There are too many instances of people who have simply tried to 'behave' confident in order to be that person they've always wanted to be. However, it hasn't lasted as they haven't put themselves through the gauntlet of actuallly engaging in confidence-manifesting life experiences, which Charlie does mention. It's common knowledge that many military men who go off to Afghanistan or Iraq return with a level of self-confidence and belief that they didn't possess before, and this is all due to their being pushed into a situation that makes all other situations seem 'easy' in comparison: in short, they were forced out of their comfort zones and adapted as a result. An example of 'euthenics'.

Of course, the examples Valentino provides for breaching your comfort zone's as a means of self-improvement aren't quite as strenuous or dangerous as the dusty wastelands of Afghanistan's unforgiving countryside! Valentine makes suggestions like giving public speeches, forcing one's self to speak up in crowds (no matter how nervous or anxious you feel), voluntarily engaging strangers in conversation as a habit, learning a new skill, starting some kind of new venture that will draw people to you, etc.

To attain a 5-star rating from me, i would have liked Valentino to have spoken of the importance of honing and exercising self-control as a means of increasing self-belief and inner strength. Such things as sticking to a strict diet (and therefore proving to yourself that you can DO IT) are very empowering in revaling to one's self that one may possess levels of self-control and capability that were never thought to have existed before. I would also have liked the author to point out the greatly benefical aspects of being around nature as a reminder that the world can be a very beautiful place, even without having to spend money! This breeds optimism, which is of course a source of self-confidence. The benefits of grasping faith can also not be denied, but perhaps that topic would not be appropriate for an introductory book such as this.

The admission of the great Sir Oswald Mosley as a prime example of one of the greatest English language orators (in the section on getting involved in public speaking, and researching for doing so) was especially pleasing! Nothing is so confidence-repressing as Political 'Correctness'!

The book is written in simplistic language (ideal for today's under-educated under-30s) and is an easily comprehendable and digestable read. It's possible to read the entire book in three hours. I advise making notes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical, 28 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Confidence For Men (Kindle Edition)
THIS book is very simple and practical. It is just a matter of applying the principles to gain more confidence. It really works , I have applied the simple suggestion of eye contact and it is amazing how powerful this is on projecting confidence . There are many more examples in this book so have a read if you want to really be confident and happy !

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome, 21 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Confidence For Men (Kindle Edition)
fantastic book, i was blind but now i can see. made me realise and make changes in my life i just didnt think possible. awesome.

Confidence For Men