5.0 out of 5 stars really useful series, 5 Oct. 2006
S. Tuck "bozibo" (uk) - See all my reviews
all the books in this series are really useful when trying to unravel the meaning of the Gospels/letters. If trying to find ideas for a sermon for a particular reading then look no further - Tom Wright provides several ideas to get you started. An invaluable collection.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 20 Jun. 2013
L. Davidson (Belfast, N.Ireland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I am working my way through Tom Wright's "For Everyone" series of New Testament commentaries at a rapid pace.I am finding them very interesting and fascinating and they have helped me make more sense out of the Bible as I was finding it contradictory and confusing. These books are well written and the commentaries on the biblical text are absorbing. I feel drawn to reading these books and I put this down to the Holy Spirit being at work in some way to strengthen my faith and provide guidance.I believe that by reading the Bible the Holy Spirit interacts with the believing reader to bring him or her closer to Jesus. This is a book to read again and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eye opener, 22 Feb. 2010
This really made the Gospel of John feel so alive and relevant, I have really had my eyes opened by this highly recommended book.

5.0 out of 5 stars John for everyone, 4 July 2013
This review is from: John for Everyone Part 2: Chapters 11-21 Pt. 2 (New Testament for Everyone) (Kindle Edition)
I used this book for personal study and for preparation for a small-group study at my church. The book is extremely readable but scholarly. The format of a translation of the passage, followed by an interesting anecdote and the commentary helps and the application to life is always present.

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful commentary, 3 Feb. 2013
J. McAdam (Essex, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I have enjoyed and benefited from reading all the " ... for Everyone" commentaries by Tom Wright. This is now the second time around and just as good on Kindle as the paper version. Just lighter to carry.

5.0 out of 5 stars study book, 13 Aug. 2013
Not read yet, but if the first part is anything to go by will definitely be a book to be savoured and pored over for a very long time,, Tom Wright has a lovely light touch whilst being very clear and theological not too frightening for anyone not scholarly like me.

4.0 out of 5 stars really useful, 4 May 2012
Merewyn (telford, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I found this commentary really useful however there were some specific ideas that I wanted to explore that weren't covered deeply. Probably more a problem of what I was taking to the book. I found the overall contents to be very stimulating and encouraging.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful in opening up the Biblical text, 8 Mar. 2013
I use Tom Wright's commentaries a lot in my sermon research. It helps that he not only explains the Biblical text in terms of its own time but also includes something up-to-date to show it is relevant today.

5.0 out of 5 stars completes the set, 27 Aug. 2013
Along with part one this book completes the set for John's Gospel, Anyone wanting to do a study of The Bible should be looking at this author as part of their library.

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy reference, 8 Mar. 2014
I am part of our Ministry Team and on being asked to read and/or preach, these handy books are an excellent resource if stuck with some of the Gospel readings.