I found this book very interesting indeed, but hard going as the chapters were very long and detailed, and I could not keep up with our weekly Bible sharing group. However, the friend to whom I gave it finds it invaluable, and I have benefited from her reading of it at our meetings. So, if you are a quick reader, or have plenty of time, this is the book for you.
Published on 22 Sep 2008 by L. J. Davis

2.0 out of 5 stars Acts For Everyone part 1
No problem with the content of the book itself, the problem lies in that it has been heavily underlined on almost every page and it didn't make that clear by the person selling.
Published 2 months ago by Gail

4.0 out of 5 stars If you are a quick reader or have plenty of time, this is the book for you., 22 Sep 2008
L. J. Davis - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Tom Wright tops again, 23 Jan 2012
Tom Wright has such an amazing God given insight into the scriptures. Had to purchase both of these on the book of Acts. Dynamite, dynamic, just what we need in our churches today a re birth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good, 27 Nov 2010
Birmingham Book Reader (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Like all of Tom Wrights books Acts For Everyone is super. I use it as a commentry for sermon preparation and for personal prayer. The insights are up to date and relevant.

Great.

5.0 out of 5 stars A gifted writer, 28 Dec 2012
Roy Wright - See all my reviews
This review is from: Acts for Everyone Part 1: Chapters 1-12 Pt. 1 (New Testament for Everyone) (Kindle Edition)
Tom Wright is a talented scholar and an inspired Christian writer. I have no hesitation, whatsoever, in recommening this book to anyone seeking to understand how the Acts of the Apostles is such a foundational work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just right for a non-academic like me!, 22 Mar 2013
Written in clear every day language and printed in a clear modern font, this is a commentary that provides useful insights into the early church. It's very easy to read and sometimes very difficult to put down! Interspersed with Tom Wright's personal comments it's very easy to pick up what the early church did and did not do that enabled the church to grow quickly and exponentially.
Highly recommended and highly enjoyable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful in opening up the Biblical text, 22 Jan 2013
I use Tom Wright's commentaries a lot in my sermon research. It helps that he not only explains the Biblical text in terms of its own time but also includes something up-to-date to show it is relevant today.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just wonderful, 5 July 2014
Excellent book by Tom Wright, as ever !

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful devotional commentary, 5 Jun 2014
L. Ireland (UK) - See all my reviews
Tom Wright always has something to make me think or give a new understanding to my reading of the Bible and this commentary is very good for anyone wanting something to help them read the book of Acts as part of their daily Bible study. Also helpful for preachers and teachers.

2.0 out of 5 stars Acts For Everyone part 1, 30 May 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Another triumph!, 3 Nov 2013
Once again Tom Wright has succeeded in producing yet another easily understood commentary. Each passage is presented in an easily understood translation then followed by Tom Wright's understanding of the passage. This is preceded with a modern scenario before he attempts discuss the meaning of the bible passage. If like me you are working your way through the new testament and you genuinely want to understand the true meaning of what the author of each part of the Bible was saying, then these are the books for you.