5.0 out of 5 stars EXACTLY what I wanted, and needed from a phone
Having been very frustrated with a very high tech, all singing, all dancing (apparently) high end touch screen contract phone, I decided to go back to the tried and tested, simple, call and text phone. I just want to make calls and text messages with a phone. I don't want to use it as a camera, I don't want to carry my entire music and video collection around with me. I...
Published 21 months ago by Mr P Langley

3.0 out of 5 stars GOOD LITTLE PHONE, INSUFFICIENT PRODUCT INFORMATION!
I needed a new phone without all the extras so that I could have an extended battery time and just for text use and occasional calls. This phone is just simple like the old-fashioned phones and is ideal for all I need though maybe a little over-priced. However, I don't think there was enough product information and I most certainly wasn't prepared for a phone preset in...
Published 5 months ago by GPL.

‹ Previous | 1 2 319 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Mini Samsung Mobile., 25 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Samsung E1200 Sim Free Phone (Black) (Electronics)
I ordered this to use as a work phone as every time I break down I have quite a job to find numbers in my touch phone. It's very small, slim & light,fits nicely in my hand & neatly in any pocket. The buttons are clear, those with large fingers may find them too small. Mine arrived set in German & I had quite a job to find the language setting. To save others time you press the top left hand menu button, if you keep getting a message come up, it's telling you the key pad is locked, press the bottom left hand button & hold until it unlocks. You then get picture options, the wheel, bottom right is the settings button. In the menu scroll down to number four, press OK then number one is your language option. My only complaint is that Amazon do not state before you buy that it is coming all the way from Germany, they gave it 23 days to arrive, it came in 16 but its a long time to wait when you may be in a hurry & could look else where. They did include a three pin adapter for the charger & instructions came both in German & English.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good cheap phone but has annoying features, 22 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Samsung E1200 Sim Free Phone (Black) (Electronics)
I bought this phone as a replacement for the phone I use for work. I needed a phone with a long battery life and good call quality and this phone is perfect. It has a nice loud ring so it easily wakes me when I am on-call. It has T9 predictive texting which means I can write messages quickly.
The most annoying feature is the built in 'flashlight' - even when the phone is locked, holding down one of the buttons makes the screen white and turns on the backlight - this has happened a few times while the phone is in my bag means the battery drains much more quickly. The other annoying feature is the 'fake call' which simulates an incoming call if you press a button 4 times. This can easily happen in your pocket.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Brilliant Little Phone, 31 July 2013
This review is from: Samsung E1200 Sim Free Phone (Black) (Electronics)
What a great little phone this is! Its unlocked to every network which makes it so versatile. The phone is very basic which is perfect for me and its so easy to use. The graphics look really good as well and it exceeded my expectations as the phone is so cheap. It has some nice little applications on it such as a torch, converter and stopwatch. If you want a simple phone this one really fits the bill.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple functional economical., 10 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Samsung E1200 Sim Free Phone (Black) (Electronics)
It is a simple phone with no additional unwanted functions.It is purely for communication when necessary and it fulfils thisvery well.

1.0 out of 5 stars Item unsuitable for UK, 30 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Samsung E1200 Sim Free Phone (Black) (Electronics)
Arrived set up for Germany. Language German, plug 2 thin pins to connect to mains for charger different to anything I own (continental) so phone returned immediately. Replacement (same make and model) bought from Tesco for same price but set up for England (language and plug). I was very upset with this.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, but a couple of things to watch out for, 11 Aug. 2014
fernman (Greater London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung E1200 Sim Free Phone (Black) (Electronics)
All I want from a mobile phone is to make or receive calls and send or receive text messages, so this one is ideal for me, it has no unwanted camera or anything. It's very cheap, it's slim and lightweight, and all I had to do was put in my pay as you go sim card out of my old phone.
The range of tones is a bit limited, but they can be set nice and loud if you want. Some operations are a bit more fiddly than what I had before. For instance, I used to press the left side of the navigation ring to compose a text, clicking on ok would open my contacts where I selected to recipient and clicked on Send. Simple, eh? On this phone it's 2 or 3 clicks to choose Send Message, then it takes about 5 clicks to select the recipient, before you type the message.
Minor annoyances are that the phone plays a few tones every time you unlock it and the same ones when you send a text, and there is no apparent way of turning these off.
A bigger annoyance is that it takes just one "long" push (it's about 1 second) of the Lock key on the lower left corner of the keypad to unlock it, and I've had occasions when I've pressed against something with the phone in my pocket and unintentionally unlocked it.
Even worse that that, it only needs a press on the top of the navigation ring (between OK and the Samsung logo) for the torch light feature to be switched on. This operates even with the keypad locked, so I've sometimes taken the phone out of a pocket to find the backlight brightly on and the battery being drained.

UPDATE: The phone is so small and light that I failed to notice it was in the pocket of some trousers that went in the the washing machine, resulting in a dead phone. I've replaced it with a different model, so I am now free of the annoyances mentioned above.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent value for money, for a cheap second phone for use internationally, 24 Feb. 2014
need a cheap second phone for use overseas with foreign sim card.
fits the bill perfectly, and if it gets stolen/lost, reduces the lost expense

5.0 out of 5 stars Small light and compact, 2 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Samsung E1200 Sim Free Phone (Black) (Electronics)
Wanted a small light phone for European Travel and that would take a SIM for any country. Only needed it to make telephone calls and send texts. This phone is ideal for that. Small enough to fit in your top pocket.. Great

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, robust cheap little phone, 22 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Samsung E1200 Sim Free Phone (Black) (Electronics)
Yes i have had this models of Samsung phone now for a couple of years, good reliable mobile, does what it should like make calls and texts,you could have this as a second phone but for me it's my primary.
I like the OS on this phone especially the fast way you can text and change your answer by pressing the 4-way button in different directions.Battery life is good as well, fits into your pocket easily due to it's small size and yes i would recommend this Samsung phone to anyone who wants a cheap, reliable robust phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, effective, lightweight, great for calls and texts, excellent battery life., 21 July 2014
S. Riches - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Samsung E1200 Sim Free Phone (Black) (Electronics)
Ordered 3 of these for travel purposes. Takes standard-sized SIM (and is not locked to any one network), sound quality is good, it's easy to use, it makes phone calls and takes and makes texts, very light, and has excellent battery life. The only downside is that it does not have the new universal mini-usb charging socket, so needs its own dedicated mains charger (supplied). If you normally charge from a USB socket the data lead is not supplied and it can be hard to find but I got one elsewhere on Amazon (specify E1200 Samsung mobile charger USB lead and double-check on the photo that it is the wider fitting) - unfortunately it was a little more expensive than I expected but given the airlines' new policy of testing that phones will switch on, I wanted to be able to keep my 3 phones topped up by USB lead from a portable battery unit that I carry.
I saw some criticisms that it is hard to get the back on and off for the battery and SIM, but I don't understand that:- just stick a thumbnail or fingernail into the tiny slot at the lower end and prise it off, then clip it back in when you're finished. Simple! Steve Riches, Northampton, UK.

‹ Previous | 1 2 319 | Next ›

Samsung E1200 Sim Free Phone (Black)