5.0 out of 5 stars EXACTLY what I wanted, and needed from a phone
Published 22 months ago by Mr P Langley

3.0 out of 5 stars GOOD LITTLE PHONE, INSUFFICIENT PRODUCT INFORMATION!
Published 6 months ago by GPL.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXACTLY what I wanted, and needed from a phone, 30 Jun. 2013
Mr P Langley (Cheshire, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Samsung E1200 Sim Free Phone (Black) (Electronics)
Having been very frustrated with a very high tech, all singing, all dancing (apparently) high end touch screen contract phone, I decided to go back to the tried and tested, simple, call and text phone. I just want to make calls and text messages with a phone. I don't want to use it as a camera, I don't want to carry my entire music and video collection around with me. I don't want to watch funny cat clips on Youtube on the way to work, or be forced to carry my charger around with me all day. I just want a phone that has plenty of battery power left even in a few days time, and is easy to operate in strong sunshine, without having to guess where the dialing "buttons" are on a touch screen. It ticks all of my boxes, and represents good value for money. If you want a plain simple phone to make calls and send texts, then this is great value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Samsung E1200, 11 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Samsung E1200 Sim Free Phone (Black) (Electronics)
Brought this recently as a second phone for my trip aboard to use with a local prepaid sim. Its a fantastic budget phone, light weight, battery life very long and easy to use. Highly recommend this phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice little phone, 16 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Samsung E1200 Sim Free Phone (Black) (Electronics)
Purchased as a cheap little handset.
Very nice small basic phone.
Would highly recommend for the price.
Arrived very quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars did the job, 12 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Samsung E1200 Sim Free Phone (Black) (Electronics)
I was hoping that this phone would be a little more sensitive than the last one as signal is low in this area ; and it is!
works fine and was delivered speedily.

5.0 out of 5 stars samsung, 10 April 2013
This review is from: Samsung E1200 Sim Free Phone (Black) (Electronics)
a basic phone but does exactly what it said on the tin, battery is good and my bills have never been so cheap

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful, 29 July 2013
This review is from: Samsung E1200 Sim Free Phone (Black) (Electronics)
Brought this for my mum so she can call and text me. It does what it says on the box. Cheap and useful and not a massive cost to replace when she drops this one into the dogs water bowl.

5.0 out of 5 stars SAMSUNG E1200 MOBILE PHONE, 18 Dec. 2013
SAMSUNG MOBILE PHONE E1200; Sim free. Use with any network. Send many texts at same time! Easy to use. Pull off back, and put your sim in it, and put battery in. Put back, back on by pushing down. Easy, childs play!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Straight Forward Phone That (almost) Ticks All The Boxes, 14 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Samsung E1200 Sim Free Phone (Black) (Electronics)
This phone works where other fancier phones fail. Has fantasic battery life, but the compartment comes off very easily when dropped, and wipes out your settings. Had to resort to a dollop of superglue, but still highly reccommended!

3.0 out of 5 stars GOOD LITTLE PHONE, INSUFFICIENT PRODUCT INFORMATION!, 5 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Samsung E1200 Sim Free Phone (Black) (Electronics)
I needed a new phone without all the extras so that I could have an extended battery time and just for text use and occasional calls. This phone is just simple like the old-fashioned phones and is ideal for all I need though maybe a little over-priced. However, I don't think there was enough product information and I most certainly wasn't prepared for a phone preset in Spanish with all the instructions only in Spansh which wasn't particularly helpful!! By trial and error and a borrowed Spanish dictionary I've eventually found the English setting in Language mode and have been able to sort out how to use the phone and change the unhelpful (to me!) default predictive text mode! I'm still not able to decipher whether I am covered by a guarantee or warranty from the sellers or Samsung the manufacturers-can anybody read Spanish?

Couple of minor irritations in the phone's set-up:- when starting a new sentence there isn't an automatic change to Abc format (initial capital letter) and when replying to a recipient one has to choose "Send" as the default is "Add recipients" which is odd as you are sending a reply to an already named contact!

Having read previous reviews (and getting helpful replies to my enquiries!), I was glad that a UK charger was included (it came with a a EEC charger in box) and that I could use my Pay-As-You-Go O2 sim (as "sim-free" does sometimes preclude certain sim cards). This light little phone is just like our old phones when the idea of mobile phones was still fresh - when cameras and radios and computers were separate items altogether! And because there are no "extras", the battery with (I think!) 5 bars will last longer thus reducing the need for constant charging and the irritation of losing phone use when you need it the most as happens with these battery-hungry touch-screens etc.

If you are a bit of a nostalgic recidivist like me then this phone is ideal and call reception is excellent and clear too! But there should have been caveats on the site to warn us to get an O' level at least in Spanish!

5.0 out of 5 stars So simple., 11 Nov. 2012
Mr. Ian A. Mcrae (Chichester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung E1200 Sim Free Phone (Black) (Electronics)
This is just what was required very easy to operate no high tech gismos just an easy too use mobile telephone.Really delighted with this product.

Samsung E1200 Sim Free Phone (Black)