Size: 64GBColour Name: BlackChange

on 22 April 2013
Getting write and read only protection problems on Windows 7 (64 bit) machine. Have formatted several times to FAT32 and NTFS without any improvement.
0Comment22 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 May 2013
Files copy at around 2 to 3 MB/s - it takes a LOOOOOOOOONG time to copy many gigabytes to this device
11 comment20 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 16 October 2013
This pen drive appears to be solidly built but the internals are rubbish, mine stopped working after a while - Windows 7 insisted it wanted to reformat it, and when I finally found no way around this, it reformatted it to a mere 200 MB - what happened to the rest? In the end it wouldn't even reformat, resulting in unrecoverable data loss - that's what really annoys me, I don't mind a product eventually giving up the ghost but the data loss accompanying such failure is UNACCEPTABLE, better to move files around by email than something as unreliable as this. I'm staying well away from verbatim.
0Comment29 of 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 December 2015
Terrible drive. I purchased this from 7dayshop since it was available there without having to purchase anything else, so I cannot speak for Amazon's copies (though, of course, they shouldn't be any different). The first copy didn't work at all and the replacement corrupted after having copied a bunch of images to it (thankfully, I always keep the originals and make several backups). I suppose this is my punishment for trying a non-SanDisk drive for once! I will never trust Verbatim again after this experience, even if I did not care for any of the files I would put on their drives.
on 17 January 2013
Very quick delivery. The memory stick itself is of very good value, however it is awfully slow on all devices I own (from xbox to windows laptop to mac). I ordered this as a replacement to my 5 year old USB memory stick which has much much quicker read/write speeds
0Comment21 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 September 2012
One star is one too many, it deserves none !

As other have said the drive is only occasionally recognised( in Win 7 64 bit Pro ), and even when it is it mostly refuses to accept a file name for a file to be saved.

Tech. support is bureaucratic, evasive and generally unhelpful, e.g. they want me to send them proof of purchase before they will make any comment.

Well no thanks Verbatim, life is too short for that. I have now bitten the bullet and thrown the pair away, replacing them with a single 64Gb stick which is always recognised.
0Comment31 of 36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 March 2013
Its cheap price made me buy one (the 8GB version). However I really regret it. Copying files on it takes ages. You can barely have coffee before it's done. The problem is, Verbatim doesn't provide any technical details (writing and read speed), so you can't know in advance. It's useless. Waste of money.
0Comment24 of 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 February 2013
I will never ever buy verbatim again the product worked fine for maybe half a month for which i trusted it with legal documents and very important a-level coursework ect and to my despair it corrupted literally overnight so all my work is lost i have taken it to multiple i.t. repair companies and they say it is irreparable i will be returning this item a.s.a.p.
Very disappointed

___________________DO NOT BUY___________________________DO NOT BUY____________________________DO NOT BUY____________
0Comment32 of 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 January 2016
Absolute bargain.
I know the prices of these things change on a daily basis - so by 'bargain' I mean £11 for a 64g USB key in January 2016 is excellent value.

I've bought two of these and formatted them as exFAT and as ext3 - both working fine.
I haven't done any benchmarks - but when copying to/from a Toshiba 64G using a USB2 interface they read and write at comparable speeds (I won't quote the speeds because I'm writing to them with a Raspberry Pi, which is the limiting factor in a speed test , so the numbers aren't representative).
on 21 February 2012
This memory stick is not recognised by an iMac. There is no problem with a MacBook Air or a PC. This is the only memory stick with which I have had this problem. The dozens of others I have give no problem. The problem was exactly the same with the second one I bought at the same time.

Other people have had difficulties with verbatim sticks when trying to use them with iMac.