5.0 out of 5 stars No problems here on Windows 7, firmware update was simple,
No problems here, and I didn't seem to have the firmware troubles others had. I just entered the drive name and "firmware" into Google, got straight to [...] at the bottom of which is "SmartPack - Firmware Auto Upgade Program for Optical Storage Products" which says "This program supports all Lite-On's Optical Drives".

From unboxing to watching blu-ray disks...
Published 21 months ago by Jonathan

3.0 out of 5 stars LiteOn or LG?
So the drive itself seems to work fine & does what you'd expect, but when I came to install the software for it an error message popped up & informed me that the software was only for use with LG drives, I contacted Amazon & they pointed me in the right direction to get support from LiteOn with the problem, & so far I've had no response from them in nearly 3 weeks...
Published 23 months ago by RizZy28

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as it should, 9 Mar 2013
This review is from: LiteOn IHOS104 4x SATA Internal BD-ROM Drive Bare Including CyberLink Software (Personal Computers)
It wasn't the fastest delivery, yet the item arrived on the advertised date.
Despite it's an internal drive, I use it as external drive via a SATA/USB converter. It's no problem under Windows 7. My computer recognised it without problems - although I had to plug it directly into the computer instead of via a USB hub as I wanted to. The drive is not particularly noise. I haven't used the bundled software since I don't need it.
Beware that a SATA cable is not enclosed with the drive, so you may have get hold of one separately.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 5 Mar 2013
Arrived spot on time and does what it says on the tin, no complaints at all, would definitely recommend to anyone who needs a cheap Blu-Ray player

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Blu-Ray Player, 21 Feb 2013
P. Allen (Berkshire UK) - See all my reviews
Works perfectly and a great price, very happy with my purchase. I've used this to rip Blu-rays (which I've purchased) to put on my iPhone and Nexus 7 and as I say it works a treat. Unfortunately because my PC's display is quite old and has no HDMI i/p it is not HDCP compliant so I can't actually play any Blu-rays on my PC. but this is not a fault of the LiteOn player it is a limitation of my PC so don't let this put you off as it works for what I wanted it for so happy to fully recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap way to play Blurays, 30 July 2013
Silverfrog (Leeds UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I bought this as I wanted a cheap way of playing bluray movies on my PC and this has worked really well. At under £30 at the time of review it's fantastic. It was very easy to install on my PC partly because my PC is designed for simple hardware installation. I just connected it to a spare SATA port and when switched on, my PC automatically picked up the hardware. I already had some software that allowed me to play bluray movies so I was very quickly up and running. I've had no problems with it at all in writing to blank CD/DVD's or reading discs and it's not particularly noisy. Would definitely recommend it for the price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Drive itself seems good. No use for it without functioning software though, 18 Jun 2013
Software that comes bundles it a waste of space, won't work on Win 8 and Cyberlink will try and charge you for a version that 'might'

4.0 out of 5 stars very good product although..., 4 Jun 2013
okay so i needed a bluray player for my PC as the blu-ray all-in-one dvd player thing was taking up too much space in my room, suprisingly it was a very fast delivery even though it is a large product and it was super easy to install into the computer. the drivers all worked perfectly and it is a very good picture quality. the only thing i found wrong is the forst 3 or 4 times of using this drive to watch blu-ray films, it froze around half way through but seemed to fix itself after a few more plays. another thing is the read speeds are only 4x which isnt good for general CDs, DVDs and games and you will therefore need to keep your normal CD drive which takes up space unless you just want to play blu-ray dvds in your machine. it is an all round good product once working properly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value., 30 May 2013
Software with it is not all that good, unable to view Dvds but was ok when I used windows media player instead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Basic but works fine, 11 May 2013
This is a basic box with no leads or anything else included but it works fine. Haven't loaded the PowerDVD software as have read the poor reports but it's not necessary anyway.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fast drive, 18 April 2013
George Buist - See all my reviews
Bought this as I am now buying more Blurays than DVDs, it comes with Power DVD software, but it can't play Blurays on your PC. After buying a new graphics card and still not having any success I have found out it is down to licensing issues. The drive reads the disc ok, I use DVD Fab 8 to rip them into mp4 formats for my iPad and it works a treat. Bluray rips in 40mins, and a DVD rips in 10mins.

4.0 out of 5 stars good product, 14 April 2013
good product does what it says on the tin reads blu-rays and dvd/cd but it is a little plane, all you get is the lump and a cd :( but all in all a good product 4/5

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 | Next ›