on 27 May 2015
I'm glad I went with positive reviews and bought this. It's just simple clean fun. At first I thought it was blurry and a waste of money but soon I discovered if I pushed the disc thingy forward Everytime I turned it, the images became so very clear. So my advice is to push the slide disc with a little pressure with your thumb and you get the clearest pictures ever. It so nice to lie with the kids in a dark room, turn on this miniature projector and feel the excitement from the kids. I totally love this. My only problem is I wish it came with even more discs or there was an option to purchase more without necessarily buying another torch. I seriously adore this cheap but cheerful item. Its well worth the money and I'd gladly pay twice the price for this!!!
on 25 July 2014
I bought this 8 months ago. The kids (3 and 7) have both loved this thing. Yes the images are a little blurry, but they didn't care in the slightest. Don't get the wrong idea and think that this is for projecting a huge image across the room, this is for playing under the duvet cover in bed and projector a tiny image onto the wall. As I said, both kids loved it.

The one downside is that the batteries are now quite low, and I've now discovered that, despite being a normal torch shape, i.e. perfect shape for a AA battery, this thing takes 3 lithium button cell batteries (watch batteries). This is quite annoying as button cells are not easily rechargeable, and I make a point of using rechargeable batteries in all the kids toys so when they leave it turned on all night it doesn't waste pricey batteries. On the other hand, the 3 button cells in this torch have lasted 8 months, so it isn't all bad.
on 12 April 2015
This is excellent and very good value for money.
My 6 year old niece has no difficulty in operating this and the instructions on the box are complete.
To me, the (few) negative reviews seem wholly unfounded
on 11 December 2013
This is a fantastic fun product. Just wish manufacturer would tell you turning the green end puts it into focus. Recommend
on 3 March 2014
Sadly not worth the money. My son was so excited and when it arrived..... What a disappointment! The picture requires focusing which is fine if you're an adult, a bit too fine for a child. Small parts too.
on 10 June 2013
At such a cheap price I was expecting to get an easily breakable item with bad lighting (i bought this as a stocking filler.
What I ddint expect was such a good product, the kids loved it and enjoyed looking at all the different animals.
You do need to have a fair ammount of darkness in the room to get a full effect, but you can see the pictures if the lights shone on a surface at a small distance.
All round good buy and would recommend to others.
on 4 February 2016
I bought this torch for my nephew who is 2 years old (note: this toy is recommended for 3 years plus). He absolutely loves it. It's small and lightweight so fits well in his hand and likes to use it in his new tent. The only thing I'd say is that when you put the animal film rings into the torch the animals come out blurry so it's a little hard to see which animals they are. But overall he loved it and for the enjoyment factor and the price (very reasonable for so much fun) I'm giving it 5 stars.
on 3 January 2013
Hmmmm. The photos are poor quality and seem to have been taken in the 1970s - they have a very dated look to them and are coloured a bit oddly. They're not terribly clear either, and it's hard to get them properly focussed, as the focus moves very freely so you think it's focussed then you move the torch and it's out of focus again. It's also fiddly to hold open the right bit of the torch to insert the disk the right way up. It's taken a while to patiently show my 5-y-o how to wedge the torch against his chest to be able to open the slot and put the disk in - with little hands it's very tricky!

The torch itself is very cheap plastic and the on/off switch is hard for little fingers to manipulate.

The inclusion of a holder of some kind of the 3 disks would be welcome, as they pick up dust and dirt very easily and then are even worse to look at and very hard to clean. Doesn't need to be pricey, just anything that works.

As a cheap stocking-filler, this is fine. It has been played with quite a lot, and it's fine. But if I'd paid more than about a fiver for it I would feel ripped off. The disks will be lost within the month no matter how much I try to make sure they're put back somewhere sensible, and by then they'll be so scratched anyway it won't be worth looking for them...
on 24 January 2016
Once out of the package you need to offer those disks and torch a pouch as otherwise they may get lost or damaged. Great fun though!
on 5 March 2016
one of the best toys ever! i have purchased it for my 1, 3 and 6 yrs old...they just love to lay down in bed in the dark room and play with their torch. quality is really great..u can ficus the pictures to have better view..even my 3 yrs old know now how to do it. great value for money. we got a princess one and dinosaurs torch too...oh and do not throw the back of the packaging - it have all the pictures of slides with names so great to use as a learning resource.