5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect
That was one of the best books I have ever read. I wish it had lasted a bit longer !
Published 17 months ago by Hannah

3.0 out of 5 stars The Ordinary Superhero
Published 11 months ago by J. Ang

3.0 out of 5 stars The Ordinary Superhero, 5 Sep 2013
J. Ang - See all my reviews
This review is from: All My Friends are Superheroes (Kindle Edition)
A whimsical little story about an ordinary guy who is rendered invisible to his fiance, the Perfectionist (a Superhero), by her jealous ex-boyfriend, Hypno, at their wedding reception. with a premise like that, the reader is introduced to a myriad of other Superheroes, though not the kind with enviable superpowers. Some of them include the Terrycloth, who is able to make every day feel like a Sunday, Sloth, who discovers with liberating finality that just rejecting all the things he is unable to muster up energy to accomplish, gives him his superpowers.

At times, Kaufman seems a little too pleased with himself for inventing these less-than-spectacular superpowers he intersperses his narrative with, expecting the reader to chuckle knowingly with self-identification. On their own, they are interesting nuggets illustrating the universe he has created, but not necessarily of any import to the plot at hand, which is pencil-thin.

Still, there are some delightful passages, like the vacuum-slash-love salesman who tries to interest the Perfectionist with his samples in this exchange:

"I've got the love you want, the love you think you want, the love you think you want but don't when you finally get it..."
'That must be very popular."
"It is."

Charming, but not nearly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 2 April 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Quirky and light hearted, 10 Mar 2013
This review is from: All My Friends are Superheroes (Kindle Edition)
If your looking for a easy, light hearted and enjoyable read then I couldn't recommend this book more.
The book is about Tom (all his friends are superheroes) and his wife, the perfectionist. However the perfectionist can no longer see him because her ex boyfriend the hypno has hypnotized her so she can no longer see Tom. Tom has a plane journey to convince his wife he is there!
I love the quirkiness of this book and all the superheroes we meet on the way. Read it in a day. Pure gold.

4.0 out of 5 stars Short and sweet quirky love story., 23 May 2014
This review is from: All My Friends are Superheroes (Kindle Edition)
Possibly one of the shortest books Ive read in a while, perhaps this should be advertised as a novella! However, this is an engaging quirky love story from the very beginning! With superheroes present that most can relate to...the narrator spins a story of lost love and the efforts to restore it before it's too late with the help of his friends. Engaging from beginning to end!

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice little read, 8 May 2014
This review is from: All My Friends are Superheroes (Kindle Edition)
Funny and well written, completely bonkers but gets you thinking. The perfect length for a long train or plane journey.

1.0 out of 5 stars Really couldn't do this, 26 April 2014
This review is from: All My Friends are Superheroes (Kindle Edition)
This is obviously a taste I have not yet acquired but really not sure I want to. I couldn't stand the whimsy, the flightiness, the nonsense of it all. Not for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple, short, fun, 21 April 2014
This review is from: All My Friends are Superheroes (Kindle Edition)
A friend lent me this book a while back. I'm glad it did as it was a fun read. It's short and simple. It takes place in a world of many many superheroes with different powers. This is a trope I feel like has been overdone but I first read this a few years ago and it was fresher then. Worth a read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, 19 April 2014
This review is from: All My Friends are Superheroes (Kindle Edition)
This was an odd read, but I didn't put it down once. I may even have to read it again to try to understand it better. Upon reading this, I realised I'm a superhero, but I'm not telling which one!

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable quick read, 7 Jan 2014
This review is from: All My Friends are Superheroes (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed reading this book, the Author tried being a bit different with his approach for what is really a romance novel and it was entertaining to me. It is also a quick read that fits in with the concept. Fun and enjoyable read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Aw - love it., 22 Jun 2013
Karen (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: All My Friends are Superheroes (Kindle Edition)
It's such a sweet book, very short though - I have it on kindle and was surprised when it ended, but it's such a lovely story, any more would have ruined it.

All My Friends are Superheroes