Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£6.99

on 2 March 2006
I bought this book mainly to get into my pet Bernard's little rabbity brain and it doesn't disappoint. The book is informative whilst being humourous and uses real problems to show examples of solutions.
It gives good advice to problems not usually covered in Rabbit Ownership books and tries to explain the reasons behind strange behaviour. It seems Bernard isn't just being naughty when he nibbles cables, he thinks their roots in his burrow.
All in all, this is a great book and I'd recommend it to all rabbit owners - particularly owners of house rabbits.
on 2 June 2003
As I am new to the world of rabbits, I wanted a book that would educate me a little better. Once I started this book I couldn't put it down. It goes into depth about rabbits, behaviour, diet, exercise and answers questions you might have ie. why does a rabbit bite? etc. Common questions are all answered here. It gave me tips on how to entertain rabbits and illustrated that a hutch doesn't have to be everything in a rabbit's life.
An excellent read especially if you have only just bought a rabbit for the 1st time like me.
on 22 March 2000
I have to disagree totally with the other reviewer of this book! I think it is an excellent book and I found it very helpful in explaining and understanding why my rabbits behave as they do. Common problems that rabbit keepers have (such as your adored pets digging up the garden, chewing your furniture and growling and spitting when picked up)are explained and helpful suggestions offered. I would recommend this book to anyone who keeps rabbits and has read the basic care books and now wants a greater insight into their behaviour.
on 18 December 2007
This book is exceptional. Having owned two rabbits for two years, i felt i wanted to know more about them, this book fully explains how a rabbit reacts to different situations, with just about every question you could think about answered. Great if you are thinking of buying a rabbit - gives you an extact insite of just what to expect. Outlining that there is more to life for a rabbit than been shut up in a hutch. If you do already have a rabbit, and it bites, as they all do occasionally, it can explain why. Simple actions you make can cause this. And giving up and punishing it isnt necessarily the answer. Ten out of Ten.
on 5 January 2005
If you're a first time rabbit owner, it's a great reference book - I highly recommend getting the book before purchasing a pet rabbit to get an idea of what their care entails. Even for experienced owners, it's a good thing to fall back on when you can't figure out your bunny.
on 10 March 2013
I couldn't put this book down! Enjoyed the first sections, giving the reader a short history of wild and domestic rabbits, which sheds light on their behaviour as pets. As someone who has kept rabbits for a number of years, I felt this book went beyond the usual 'Guides to rabbits': giving valuable insights and practical advice, as well as explanations of terms specific to rabbit-keeping. I loved the Q&A style sections in the 2nd half of the book, which offer solutions to common problem behaviours. The author manages to sustain a knowledgeable, yet humorous, friendly tone throughout which makes the guide a pleasure to read.
on 11 August 2011
This is an excellent book if you are interested in getting to understand your bunny's natural instincts and behaviour. It gives good advice on how to resolve many problems such as aggression, destructive behaviour etc. by explaining the reason bunny is doing it and what you can do to help. Very useful for any house rabbit owners!

It is very clear that the author is a real exert on the topic (she has PHD in rabbit behaviour); she advocates rabbit welfare by emphasizing the importance of giving your rabbit plenty of space and stimulation.
on 6 February 2012
This book is more than just answers to why your rabbit does things that you find odd or annoying. Anne McBride gives a history into the rabbit and how it reached our shores. If you want to understand your rabbit, it's ancestors and why it does various things, you really need to read this book. Also in the book are short descriptions of some of the illnesses that may affect your rabbit. There's a lot more to the book than the title suggest. In fact, it's a book all rabbit owners should have.
on 19 December 2010
A must have for every rabbit owner. Everything is well explained. Book covers lots of topics about rabbit care and explains well rabits' habits. It not only expalins how to look after rabbits but also says the reasons behind so it really improves rabbit-owner relation. After reading few books about rabbits I can say this one is a summary of all of them. Strongly recommended.
on 6 January 2012
This book is like my Bible of all my rabbits behaviours. I have lent ( and had it returned) my copy to some more new rabbit-people, as I felt they would find it so useful. I especially like the light-hearted cartoons and that help illustrate each point. The stories from other rabbit owners are also very helpful.
I would highly reccommend this book.