5.0 out of 5 stars Very good card
I use this card whith Sony hx 50 . Very good .....whith cristal benchmark 88 Mbps read and 65 write
Published 16 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Not that impressed!
Published on 18 July 2012 by Bob T

3.0 out of 5 stars Not that impressed!, 18 July 2012
Bob T (Westbury, Wilts) - See all my reviews
I've had this card a little while now but I've only just recently had chance to really try it out & put it through its paces. I initially tested it's speed capabilities using my laptop & it's built-in card reader. I carried various Read/Write tests (timed with a stop watch) with different file types, quantities & sizes. I also carried out the exact same tests with my Sandisk Extreme 45mb/s card to compare. After disappointing results from this card but not knowing the specifications of my built in card reader and whether it is fully UHS-1 compatible, I carried out various similar tests with the cards in my Sony A77 Camera, which is UHS-1 compliant. The results again were very disappointing. I found that the Sandisk is slightly quicker at writing (the most important to me) than the Sony card, and only very slightly slower at reading than this Sony Card too!
My advice is if you're going to be using this card in a fast camera, don't waste your money on this card, get the Sandisk Extreme. It's half the price and just as or slightly faster than the Sony "so called" 94mb/s card.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good card, 26 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Sony 32GB Class 10 UHS-1 Secure Digital SDHC Memory Card (Accessory)

5.0 out of 5 stars 5,000+ pic count..., 23 Aug. 2013
... showing on my Sony HX50 (32Gb). Very quick write speed. Performing exactly as hoped for. Available in lesser capacities too (8Gb & 16Gb).

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast Service, product as advertised., 23 Feb. 2013
Good memory card and have reordered it. It is much faster to use and works seamlessly with my Canon camera

1.0 out of 5 stars Good... If you want all your photos to disappear!, 14 Feb. 2014
I've had this for a little over a year, it was working fine, until recently, I got several errors and cameras no longer accept it. They all read Card Error. It was good while it lasted, but now, it does not even work in my cameras. I've owned several Sandisk/Samsung SD Cards and none have failed like this in such a short time.

My advice is to buy into the Sandisk Extreme/Samsung Pro SD cards, even if it means a few more pounds.

Hope this helps someone decide.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great performer, 27 July 2013
It was just what i needed and masses of space and very quick to the boot!!
Would def. recommend this!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is Fast, 2 July 2013
This is Fast! Handles everything the camera can throw at it, moves files to computer very quickly. Sony Quality and at £28 you can't lose. Very highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars SD Cards, 10 Nov. 2012
What a great price less than half any shops can do this for, and excellent amount of pics for the card like 5500 jpegs at 24.1mill, or 1200 raw images at 24.1mill resolution.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fast read times, write speed is a bit below the Extreme 45MB/s card, 24 Dec. 2014
Mr Baz - See all my reviews
(#1 REVIEWER)    (No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)
I've a good range of SD cards and have tested most of them to date, I vary the brands as it makes it easier for me to find cards that are empty or that I use with specific cameras.

This Sony card is a UHS-I class, so can take advantage of some devices that support this protocol (it's fully backward compatible with non UHS cameras etc). The headline figure though is only for the read performance which can be a little misleading for some buyers. The card is far from slow overall, but it's a bit behind the SanDisk Extreme 45MB/s offering in terms of in camera write speed. It is though quite a lot faster for reading and file transfer so weight up what your requirements are first.

I benched the Sony card using a USB 3.0 card reader and using software I got close results from real world file sizes (video and photo) to the benchmark I ran.

Read speed: 87MB/s
Write Speed: 38MB/s

A bit of variation from test to test (a few MB/s either side) on paper the Sony is near enough to it's claimed max speed for reading files. The Extreme 45 MB/s does write a bit faster though (over 45MB/s as indicated and it hits that speed for read times too) Really it comes down to what you need.

If you need faster in camera speeds (which most do) then the Extreme 45 MB/s is quicker, if you want even faster speeds then the 80 MB/s is the one to go for (that card writes a lot quicker than both) super speed demons might want the Extreme Pro series or equivalent offerings.

The Sony isn't a slow card when compared to a normal class 10 quite a lot faster really, and does have the advantage of a toughened casing which is less prone to damage being waterproof, x ray proof, shock proof just like the Extreme range offer. Warranty is a bit less than I'd like at 5 years Sony should really increase that to come into line with rivals. There is a newer version of this card out (and it's evidently even faster) As it is if you transfer big files a lot this is fast, it's quite fast in camera too just not as quick as some other offerings. That doesn't make the Sony a bad card but it would be a lot more helpful if they just told you what the speeds for both were.

Worth a look at the right price if it's quick enough and you need some protection from rough handling or the environment.

5.0 out of 5 stars For my Nikon D7000, 13 Sept. 2013
Tim Kidner "Hucklebrook Hound" (Salisbury, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This card doesn't just fit Sony cameras, Nikon too!

This fast, pro spec card can be compared very favourably (speed wise) with Lexar's 32gb 600x, yet is almost half the price! This Sony is marked as being made in Taiwan.

This is great news as Lexar are universally considered second best and most reliable only to Sandisk. Sandisk's 45mbs 32gb Extreme may have a similar writing speed (and half reading speed) to this, at an only slightly cheaper price, but the Sony is top of their range 'Pro' range while the Sandisk is not in their flagship Extreme Pro range.

Of course, it worked instantly and downloaded after quickly without fuss. I don't time such things so cannot say if it is faster than my other cards of similar speed.

At the lowest price here (and even cheaper on other sites) the Sony makes really good sense, getting pro spec and speed for an enthusiast's price.