5.0 out of 5 stars This DVD will not be collecting dust, Cloth
This DVD will not be collecting dust, because I can watch it repeatedly, still find the bits I know really well very funny and STILL spot things I've not previously noticed.

Published 12 months ago by D. Bane

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as funny as it thinks it is
This was a bit hit and miss. There were some funny moments where it raised a smile, but I found my interest in watching it disappeared long before the end. Disappointing.
Published 10 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars This DVD will not be collecting dust, Cloth, 23 Aug 2013
D. Bane "dazza b" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Touch of Cloth [DVD] (DVD)

The cast play it straight, very much like Leslie Nielsen in the first Airplane movie, which just makes it even funnier. Goofy visual gags, witty wordplay, some slapstick - it's just all round good fun.

Some may find it infantile and a bit too silly; for me, quite simply, it never fails to raise a smile. I am looking forward to Touch of Cloth 2 and 3, which have both now been filmed!

Tremendous feelgood fun which can be viewed time and time again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gloriously stupid and silly!, 3 Sep 2012
This review is from: A Touch of Cloth [DVD] (DVD)
I'm not exaggerating when I say this is the funniest thing I've seen in years. I can't recommend it enough. Here's a sample gag:

"He'd been out shopping. This receipt indicates several purchases at a local pet shop."
"Any leads?"
"No, just some catnip and a flea-collar..."

If you've ever enjoyed anything like Airplane, Naked Gun, Police Squad et al, then you must see this. Really well observed parody of serious crime dramas, packed full of silly gags and great visual jokes - you'll need to watch it a few times as you'll miss lots.

All in all I think it's great to have this sort of comedy on TV again - makes a refrshing change from all the lame, peurile dross like Mrs Brown's Boys and The Inbetweeners. More please!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Laugh your head off, 28 Jun 2013
This review is from: A Touch of Cloth [DVD] (DVD)
Well scripted and brilliantly performed. Saw this on t.v. and could not wait for the DVD release. Something that our two teenagers wish to watch with us!! You have to watch it to get all the jokes as some are so subtle but hilarious. Really looking forward to the next one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Touching, 17 April 2013
Mark Palmer - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Touch of Cloth [DVD] (DVD)
Absolutely brilliant-can't wait to buy some more, love the murder aftermath scene with the police investigators; 'this is the first time that he's been found dead so totally out of character'!

5.0 out of 5 stars Laugh aloud, 11 Sep 2013
This review is from: A Touch of Cloth [DVD] (DVD)
Great spoof of all the cop shows we love. Belly laughs galore with super performances from John Hannah and Suranne Jones. Make sure you watch what is going on in the background - replay!

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding! You Have To See This!!!!!, 19 Aug 2014
This review is from: A Touch of Cloth [DVD] (DVD)
Absolutely Fanblimentastic and I could not recommend it more highly - this is the funniest craziest DVD I've watched in a long time. Absolutely brilliant! A bit gory but brilliant! The one problem I would say is that I am laughing so much at one funny moment that I miss the next one! We also rewound so many parts just to see them and laugh again. John Hannah is superb as is his sidekick 'Anne Oldman' (a pun in itself!) and the support cast all add to make it a most fantastic and thoroughly enjoyable watch. Can't wait for the new ones to come out in September :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Funniest thing on TV - Highly Recommended!, 25 Sep 2012
G. Jenkinson (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A Touch of Cloth [DVD] (DVD)
This is hilarious. What makes me laugh most about this is the use of DCI Jack Cloth's surname.

"The fact is that bodies keep washing up"
"Whatever"
"WASHING UP CLOTH!"

and

"Thanks to you the entire department is losing face Cloth"

I seriously cant wait for the next installment of the funniest thing thats been on TV in years. So much dry humour, DRY CLOTH!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very, very funny., 28 Aug 2012
This review is from: A Touch of Cloth [DVD] (DVD)
"I haven't laughed since my wife died."
"Why did you laugh when your wife died?"

This is a parody that's been made to look as a dark, gritty detective crime thriller. I found myself laughing so hard at some of the jokes that I had to rewind for the subsequent ones that I missed afterwards.

All the actors play their parts brilliantly, very deadpan and serious. Think of it like a modern British version of The Naked Gun.

Thoroughly enjoyed it.

4.0 out of 5 stars but the Brits took a great shot at such satire here, 26 July 2014
This review is from: A Touch of Cloth [DVD] (DVD)
It may not be Leslie Neilson's Police Squad or the Naked Gun, but the Brits took a great shot at such satire here. Where American crime satires are often over-the-top silly, this British satire was over-the-top cringingly edgy. Not surprising to me. I quite liked it but I'm not sure the humor can sustain a TV series.

5.0 out of 5 stars welcome to the dark dark dark dark dark world of spoofing, 11 Aug 2013
This review is from: A Touch of Cloth [DVD] (DVD)
there is darkness in this series deep deep deep deep deep deep pitch black deep dark moments; blood gore; body pieces laying around like a party at KFC.
you may find it is a bit contrived using the old airplane naked gun spoof rule book and adding a dark tone to it.
basically if your a fan of airplane or naked gun you will more than likely enjoy this, full of gags, Charlie Brooker must watch a lot of crime drama's because it's laden with the usual how to make a crime drama rule book. And the occasional name gag Jack Cloth are quite funny as well.
Do love the way they play around with the cliched dark brooding almost burn out cop.
I enjoyed this series though wish they could have released the complete series rather than just releasing one episode.
But in truth you will either love it or hate, and yes I could understand why people may not like it.
I think it's well made and enjoyable.
is it worth a tenner? hard to say as we all have different tastes especially when it comes to comedy.
John Hannah who i do love as an actor you do have to wonder if he parodies Rebus or McCallum (two parts he played back in the day)

enjoy the laughs.

A Touch of Cloth [DVD]
A Touch of Cloth [DVD] by Jim O'Hanlon (DVD - 2012)
7.03