Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

on 10 June 2012
I love all things Victorian and found this book stirred the imagination leaving the reader with no doubt what life was like for everyone living under a Victorian roof.A very good read which was hard to put down.
on 22 January 2012
As a Downton Abbey fan I thought I would try this book out.
It was an eye opener as to how the downstairs staff were really treated by the upstairs employers. 18hr days ,poor living conditions and sacked at the drop of a hat.

Not quite Downton!!

A very interesting read
on 23 December 2012
A factual book, interesting and informative. Only a few stories of specific characters. If you enjoy facts and figures this may be for you.
on 15 January 2013
Good reading reading quite a lot of information about the Victorian house hold very interesting I would recommend this book.
on 13 January 2013
I really enjoyed this book it was easy to read and understand and gives a really clear picture of what life was like below stairs
on 25 April 2013
This book is very informative it is no way a novel but basic information and snippets from people who actually did the job. I found it a good read so I would recommend it.
on 13 January 2013
life in a victorian household is a really good read never read any of this author but was a pleasant read
on 30 May 2014
My own Grandmother worked as maid in a big house when she was 13 years old. I wanted to find out more about what went on in a Victorian household and found this book an interesting read.
on 3 March 2013
My first read on a Kindle that I got for Christmas. A good read as well as informative about the Victorians.
on 19 April 2013
Sluggish read, prodded like an uninteresting documentary. Felt it was very sketchy and did not flow well, not a good read.