on 1 September 2014
went on a bit
on 14 March 2015
A great read
on 3 January 2013
I found jumping from boyhood to adult & man to wife a bit frustrating because I would be really into reading when it would just switch to another period in the lives of these two people. For me there wasn't enough detail I have read many books of this nature and I am really amazed how people come out the other side
on 27 January 2014
Sorry only read up until his mother died, way too much detail, which makes this an impossibly BORING read. I'm sorry about the tough start and it's awful when people have a sad start in life but tell it how it is.....an overview, but you have drawn this book out do much. A really dull,boring read......Sorry!
on 19 July 2013
Although this book took a while to get going, I did enjoy it. There were some days that I didn't think I was going to finish it but i'm glad I stuck to it because I would have been disappointed if I hadn't. I would recommend this book to others but you have to stick to it and not give up half way through.
on 14 December 2014
sad to read
on 4 July 2013
I was under the impression this was going to be about Alix husband but it has been about her "struggle" in dealing with his emotions and breakdown. Is she self obsessed or did she incorrectly title her book? I have found it to be very tedious to read as it jumps around so much and there is very little about what I perceived would be the subject matter. To Alix I would say, 'a word of advice from one who has suffered abuse, do not write any more books on the subject of which, it is obvious, you have no knowledge.' To anyone who wishes to read this, look past her meanderings and if you have the knowledge of hurt and abuse, you will find the story, eventually.
on 30 January 2016