5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring
I bought the book for a friend who has a son with autism. I thought I would read a few pages to see if it might be of some help before giving it to her. I couldn't put it down and read the whole book. Not Stupid has given me a good insight into the lives of parents who have children with autism. I found the book very inspiring and easy to read.
Published on 26 April 2009 by Ann M

3.0 out of 5 stars Not stupid.
Story of a mother's determination to get the best possible support for her sons. Inspiring as an example of single minded focus, undaunted and courageous - just not that well written.
Published 20 months ago by T. J. Halliwell

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 26 April 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring and Instructive, 16 Feb. 2008
First of all this is an extremely remarkable tale of the achievement of this woman and her husband to create a network of schools, a college and other facilities for autistic children, all triggered by the needs of their own children who are still only 14 and 18 years old.

Secondly there is a lot of interesting information about teaching methods and how Anna has managed her family as it turns out her husband has Aspergers too! Some parts of the book are written by her husband and eldest son.

An inspiring tale, and full of relevant information if you care for people on the autistic spectrum.

5.0 out of 5 stars very inspiring, 13 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Not Stupid (Kindle Edition)
I have 2 boys on the spectrum who struggle with mainstream and as there is no la asd school have to continue to do so, wish I had the energy and determination to do what she did for my boys, an inspiring mum

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best book I've ever read, 9 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Not Stupid (Paperback)
This inspriational book is so easy to read - it's not technical or scientific, but it is highly informative. Whether you're a parent or a carer, an employer, teacher, SENCO, a relative or a friend of someone with an autistic spectrum condition this book will help you to appreciate, understand and cope.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational, insightful and courageous, 22 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Not Stupid (Kindle Edition)
Wow, wow, wow. I read this book in two days and from the start I couldn't put it down. As someone who works in this area, Anna 's account and description of this hidden disability gave me an in depth insight. I really felt as if I was reliving their journey, which has been a roller coaster. I particularly liked reading Patricks' account. Truly inspirational and emotional all the same time, the factual information was well balanced and weaved within real life examples. Everyone should read this, even if they have no contact with anyone with Aspergers Syndrome or Autism. Life's colourful tapestry can rock you to your core and bring you to your knees, but somehow we keep climbing to stand up tall. I love this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 2 Aug. 2012
A truley inspiring book. Not only does the author demonstrate what wonderful things can be achieved but she also provides very useful information and explanations about autism. The book gives an account of finding and opening a school to provide for the needs of her children and others. She continues to amaze with her continuing enthusism and drive to open further facilities, secondary provision and an F.E college. Reading this book gave me hope and I was continuly amazed with the apparent ease big milestones were tackled and achieved. 'If you believe you can you will !!'

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 31 Mar. 2013
Bert (Devon, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Not Stupid (Paperback)
I bought this book because I was inspired to hear of her story about starting her own school, as an ordinary person.
I was fascinated to hear more about her experiences of living with autistic people and raising her children, and it really helped me to understand how difficult this must be at times.
The book is well written, and her passion comes across on every page.
I'm glad I read it, and I think I will remember this story to encourage me to battle on when all the doors seem to be closed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not stupid., 19 Aug. 2013
T. J. Halliwell (UK) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Fighting the odds and the system, 8 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Not Stupid (Kindle Edition)
This is the story of a remarkable woman demonstrating courage and resilience and fighting for the best for her children. I'm not sure why Anna set up a business rather than a charity but I applaud the courage to invest her own money. It's clear that when you have a direct need for services and experience of autism one is much better placed to ensure good quality provision.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational, 9 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Not Stupid (Kindle Edition)
An inspirational book by an inspirational lady and her family and their plight to get a decent education. They prove you should never give up hope. Would recommend to anyone.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›