5.0 out of 5 stars emergency services
I am fascinated by this type of book - people who are doing such worthwhile work. This one is very good, caring, even with their 'frequent fliers'! It must be very frustrating for them; they rarely get the chance to find out what happens to their patients. Ithink they should know how grateful the rest of us are that they are there. Heroes, every one!
Published on 30 Aug. 2011 by lizcat

2.0 out of 5 stars Rapid response
Very enjoyable read would like to see more of the same or any book based on anything medical very intresting
Published 6 months ago by bev

‹ Previous | 16 7 8 9 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars great, 5 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Rapid Response: True Stories of My Life as a Paramedic (Kindle Edition)
A brilliant read with some harrowing stories. Makes you appreciate what our emergency services have to put up with daily.

4.0 out of 5 stars Rapid Response, 4 April 2013
A really enjoyable read with an excellent Insight as to what goes on in the daily life of a paramedic. It proves what I've always though, yes people really are that stupid when calling for an ambulance!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 22 Mar. 2013
Fab book with just the right amount of medical detail in it. A fantastic insight into the world of the paramedic.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 15 Feb. 2013
I found this to be a mix of all emotions - funny, sad, frightening, at what Paramedics have to do in their day to day job and the vast variety of people in society they have to deal with - This is a good read if you want to understand what these people do each day and appreciate what they have to deal with!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Rapid Response, 7 Feb. 2013
Interesting book, it shows in some detail the "trials and tibulations" that the emergency services face every day, the book made me smile or laugh at times, and at other times made me feel sad however it is worth reading.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but parts missing!, 5 Sept. 2012
This is a good book and very well priced. The only thing that I find a bit bizarre is that at least two of the chapters are missing. The first one and one towards the end, I can't quite fathom it out? The titles are there but there is then no text underneath, if anyone could help me sort this out I would be grateful. The reason I didn't 'send it back' was for less than £2 the rest of the book made up for these peculiar short-comings.

Good book, if you like the 'bloggy' types of books. I noticed one of the previous reviews that said the author always said how brilliant she was, and yes there maybe a bit of that in but in my opinion it was not 'in your face' but more subtle and given what she has to deal with probably well-deserved, most of these types of books have some parts in them whereby there is some 'self-congratulations' but given their job and the fact that they are 'human' then why shouldn't they feel proud of a job well done.

Good read I would highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best of its type, 3 April 2013
This book is nicely broken up into small chapters and is a pleasure to read. I found myself constantly wanting to know what the next chapter would be about and it was an eye opener to what Paramedics have to deal with day to day from the serious to the plain bonkers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Shocking, 15 April 2014
Yet another diary type book which throws the emergency services open to outside observation via an employee. I have read a few of this type now and still find that what goes on beggars belief.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant insight into the everyday trials of being a paramedic, 7 Feb. 2015
Very interesting and informative read. Written in an entertaining way. A good read

The cover makes the book unappealing however.

2.0 out of 5 stars Rapid response, 8 Nov. 2014