5.0 out of 5 stars churchyard and hawke
an excellent book, one of best so far. ev thompson never fails to give a good read. can't wait for the latest book to be published
Published 19 months ago by Beryl Underdown

3.0 out of 5 stars Churchyard & Hawke
Published on 8 July 2010 by A. Johnson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Churchyard & Hawke, 8 July 2010
A. Johnson "yeros" (Spain) - See all my reviews
I have been a fan of E V Thompson since reading "Chase the Wind" in 1980 and believe I have, with one exception, a copy of every book he has published since. For the first time ever I found this one disappointing. The style of writing appears to have changed with the well researched historical fact we are used to seeing woven into the story lacking. At times I almost felt it had the style of a childrens' story book. Certainly not of the quality we are used to seeing from this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars churchyard and hawke, 6 May 2013
This review is from: Churchyard and Hawke (Amos Hawke mysteries) (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Different, But Equally Great., 12 April 2013
Mr. K. Mccourt "KeithinHerts." (HATFIELD, Herts, UK) - See all my reviews
Yet another Fantastic Novel from EV Thompson. All of the EV Thompson books we have read and been purchased through Amazon, and every book, whether brand new, or used, Has been a Great buy, and in Really Great Condition. EV Thompson is the master of Cornish Charm, and, even though this is a diversion from his usual books, but equally riveting. Another Brilliant Read, bought to us by book dealers through Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 July 2014
Excellent story

5.0 out of 5 stars good read, 20 Jun 2014
Easy to get into steady pace,interesting places l know around Cornwall,relaxing and pleasant read for me to enjoy.
Therefore a good read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great writer, 4 Jan 2014
I have read E V Thompson for over 30 years and have enjoyed the vast majority of his books, read and enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars john b., 19 Nov 2013
Another exellent book by a great author,his intent to detail,research,and,the characters tends to make the books,into one you have a job to put down.

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT, 10 Sep 2013
Really loved this book it is a shame that the writer died before he could write any more. I think this would make a marvellous
TV script as Victorian detectives seem to be popular at the moment.

I liked the way it showed how difficult it was to be a policeman in those days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hawke mysteries, 29 Jun 2013
Since I read the first book about Amos Hawke I was hooked. I love the setting as a lot of the places are familiar, and I love the fact that it keeps you guessing what is going to happen next. I loved this follow on book where he takes up with Tom Churchyard to solve a murder mystery and captures a gang of thieves from London. This book was not as long as the others and I read it in no time. I was sad when it came to the end. I love E.V. Thompson books and I can't get enough of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars good detective story with good developed characters., 30 April 2013
good detective story with good developed characters.
I would recommend it.
I am sending a copy of the book to my brother in Canada.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›