5.0 out of 5 stars Another fantastic volume

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Disco
Published on 12 April 2012 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Another fantastic volume, 13 April 2012
This review is from: Disco Discharge: Disco Exotica (Audio CD)
It's no secrect that I love this series so I find it somewhat annoying when people post such negative reviews on here. Don't get me wrong - everyone is entitled to an opinion but if you're in the market for disco then I just don't understand the criticism. I am a die hard disco,Italo and HI NRG fan and as such really appreciate all the hard work that goes into putting these albums together. My view is that there hasn't been a more consistent series of disco compilations. Sure I'd like to see El Coco on an album but that track has long since been absent from any album so there must be a good reason for that. For myself I would reccomend this album whole heartedly. Particular favourites for me being 'Dancin' Machine' by Who's Who, 'House Of The Rising Sun' by Hot RS, 'Dirty Talk' by Klein & MBO, 'Soft Emotion' by Azoto, 'Dance To Dance' by Gino Soccio &'Il Veliero' by The Chaplin Band. And then there's the slightly guilty plesure of 'Don't Say Goodnight To A Lady Of Spain' by Jeanette and the glorious 'Hurricane' by Bette Midler. Anyway you get the picture. I love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Done Disco Discharge, 28 Oct 2013
This review is from: Disco Discharge: Disco Exotica (Audio CD)
Well done disco discharge for this one. Not all tracks to my liking but bought this one for the ones I did like.
Takes me back to my years of clubbing. Its great to hear some of those fast passed bass bumping tunes once again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Over 30 years later... Liquid Gold "Substitute" finally on CD, 6 Sep 2012
Mr. D "Mr. D" - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is for: Disco Discharge: Disco Exotica
I love Disco Discharge for bringing us lots of tracks previously hard to find or unavailable on CD. I was really pleased to see Liquid Gold's "Substitute" included here because their entire back catalogue is unavailable on CD. "Substitute" reached number 8 in the UK chart in 1980, but until now has not been available on CD, so it's great to finally be able to get this track on CD more than 30 years later and sounding so good (hopefully the album might be a future consideration for the "Disco Recharge" series). Also, I believe the 12" version of Patrick Juvet's "Swiss Kiss" is first time on CD here too. One track that I wasn't so pleased with however is Patrick Hernandez "Born To Be Alive". My favourite version of this track is the original UK 12" which can be found on the excellent 3CD Disco Fever. Here we get the Danae Jacovides Mix from the U.S. 12", which would be fine, however it isn't the full version. At 6:05 it is almost 1 minute 30 shorter than the full 12" version at 7:28. The full version is included on Ben Liebrand's Grand 12-Inches Vol.8. The Disco Discharge and Grand 12-Inches series duplicate tracks sometimes, but where Ben Liebrand wins on that track, the "House Of The Rising Sun" by Hot RS is better quality on this Disco Discharge CD than it was on Grand 12 Inches 4, so both series have their high and low points and neither are definitive. Voggue "Dancing The Night Away" is an excellent track which I've only ever seen before on a Unidisc CD single, I haven't seen the 12" on a compilation before, so it's good to see that being given a wider audience. Same for Klein & MBO's "Dirty Talk", which for me is not the best mix, but it is still very good and refreshing to see it included. The rest of the tracks are all good, although there are no real standouts as such, but this is over all another winner from Disco Discharge and I like the fact that there are less obvious album tracks included here rather than going for the obvious tracks that are included time and time again on other compilations (i.e. Azoto is not "San Salvador" which I already have on 5 compilations, it is "Soft Emotion" which was new on CD for me). I have to mention this, because I think it's kind of interesting... so I'll end this review with a random throwaway fact about the Who's Who track "Dancin' Machine" which may or may not be of interest. It is written and produced by Daniel Vangarde (Producer of Ottawan & The Gibson Brothers) a/k/a Daniel Bangalter. His Disco DNA must have been passed from father to son, because his son Thomas Bangalter is a member of Daft Punk.

5.0 out of 5 stars good to have disco discharge back again....., 10 April 2012
T. Bowles "darcydr" (bexhill, u.k) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Disco Discharge: Disco Exotica (Audio CD)
Disco Discharge: Disco Exotica i cant praise this company enough and iam glad they are back with a new set of cds, so many great tracks on this 2 cd set and there are two that are bad and where bad when they first came out many years ago and should not ever be heard again, but thats what i think, PUSSYFOOT, LAY YOUR LOVE ON THE LINE and GINO SOCCIO, DANCE TO DANCE, just so bad..as for the rest of the tracks on the cds' they are all great, i would just have got this set for one track LIQUID GOLD' SUBSTITUTE all 6.mins 30. its hard to find LIQUID GOLD on many cds now and this group are in my book one of the best disco groups of there time, its a great track and will have you wanting more from them, also the track MADMANS DISCOTHEQUE PART 1 AND 2, by THE CHAPLIN BAND, will have you more than tapping your feet, great track and good to hear this again, PATRIC HERNANDEZ, BORN TO BE ALIVE is still a foot stomping track as it always was in the days and it will bring back lots of good times for the older folk like me that can recall it the first time round, love it. 20 good disco tracks ( or 18 if you count the ones i dislike ) that will bring back some good times and fill you with 12 inchs of pure joy from a now long gone time, but the music still sounds so good, iam looking forward to the other 2 cd sets to arrive as this company is so good at finding the full 12 inch version of the tracks some of us did dance to a few years ago. if you do like good disco music, do get the cds they are a great price and are full of great music............................enjoy

5.0 out of 5 stars ok, 1 Jan 2014
This review is from: Disco Discharge: Disco Exotica (Audio CD)
Everything is ok. Beautiful music of yesteryear. Excellent quality and great service

5.0 out of 5 stars LIQUID GOLD - SUBSTITUTE, 19 Jun 2013
This review is from: Disco Discharge: Disco Exotica (Audio CD)
Am giving this CD 5 stars just for including Substitute by Liquid Gold. I cannot understand why this group have never had a greatest hits, best of, or anthology of their hits ever released on CD. They had successes on both sides of the Atlantic, so why they have seemingly been totally ignored is beyond me. Either the master tapes have been lost or damaged; or someone is being very awkward about letting go of the rights to the songs. Whatever, whoever is responsible is a total idiot.

4.0 out of 5 stars A GREAT LITTLE GEM, 15 Jun 2013
This review is from: Disco Discharge: Disco Exotica (Audio CD)
A VERY GOOD COMPILATION OF VAROUS ARTISTS IS VERY VER GOOD AND GREAT VALUE FOR MONEYITS A 2 DISC SET WITH 20 SONGS A MUST WANT

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Disco, 12 April 2012
This review is from: Disco Discharge: Disco Exotica (Audio CD)
Definitely scraping the very bottom of the barrel with this one. With so many hard to find music out there I wonder where they got this lot from,they're not 'Classics' by any stretch of the imagination. The Disco Discharge people should try and find some true classics like Cocomotion and Lets Get It Together by El Coco, the Disconet remix of Love Hangover by Diana Ross , I'll Do My Best by the Ritchie Family, Dr Ruth by Patti Brooks, I could go on and on.Songs by Bette Midler and Liquid Gold weren't the type of Disco I was listening to in the 70s and early 80s. If we get another batch of Disco Discharge releases can we have some true 'Classics' lads.

Disco Discharge: Disco Exotica
Disco Discharge: Disco Exotica by Various Artists (Audio CD - 2012)