5.0 out of 5 stars Deeply Affecting
It does not surprise people were in tears when this music was performed. Intensely moving, it pays tribute to all those who strive to bring peace to a troubled world.

Published on 13 April 2012 by Mr. D. L. Rees

3.0 out of 5 stars The Peacemakers
I would have liked to have given three and a half stars but couldn't.
Being an MD of two Choral Societies I have conducted both his Armed Man and Stabat Mater.
Personally I found the latter more inspiring than the former.
Published on 20 April 2012 by D. B. Bowles

5.0 out of 5 stars Deeply Affecting, 13 April 2012
Mr. D. L. Rees "LEE DAVID" (DORSET) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

In turns joyous and meditative, but always inspirational, it ranges from the simplicity of one voice to the grandeur of a great many - delving into past and present, into different religions and cultures. Saluted are the unnamed masses who perish in pursuit of peace, as well as the famous names one would expect (St. Francis of Assisi, Mother Teresa, Gandhi, Martin Luther King, Nelson Mandela). How stirring to see Anne Frank included - a life so short, impact everlasting.

World wide peace possible? Not a chance, as Karl Jenkins himself acknowledges. All the more reason to applaud the efforts of those who try. Karl Jenkins ranks high amongst them, these harmonies an attempt to create harmony.

One feels very humble in such company. And uplifted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Choral Sound and Varied Music., 14 Aug 2014
Bruce "from Brighton" (UK - England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Having purchased this as I will be singing it in a choir, I was pleasantly surprised by this CD and found a lot to like about it. It is of course, very positive and uplifting, but at the same time there is the irony that despite a long history of peacemakers who are greatly respected by our society - we still find the world in this new century, plagued by constant war - a point not lost on Karl Jenkins who mentions this in the CD notes.

This is a very nice package with beautiful illustrations, notes and the text of all the songs. The surprise for me was the variety of music that is woven into what is essentially a choral piece. We have traditional Irish, African, Japanese, Indian etc. as well as the expected European classical and choral traditions. We even have elements of Jazz and in particular I liked Laurence Cottle's fretless bass guitar contribution and sound - reminiscent of the late, great Jaco Pastorius.

In all, we seem to have something from every human tradition, culture and religion - showing us that, in fact - everybody wants peace and searches after it - but so few uf us are lucky enough to enjoy it. The CD sound and the performances are as near to perfect as you could want and I can't find fault with any of it - given that the composer conducts and oversees all this closely, we have to expect that this is what he intended.

I really like some of the unusual harmonies that don't come from classical music and are no doubt due to the composer's wide ranging background - also some of the rhythms are reminiscent of minimalist or maybe even electronic music? It all adds interest and over the 72 minutes there is certainly something for everybody to like. Highly recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars The Peacemakers, 20 April 2012
D. B. Bowles - See all my reviews
I would have liked to have given three and a half stars but couldn't.
Personally I found the latter more inspiring than the former.
The Peacemakers - although, clearly, I haven't had a chance to conduct yet, is an interesting work - very typically Jenkins - but not with quite the same expanse of melodies and harmonies that the other two have.
It seems to me to be a little "bitty" in parts with a lot of "optional" extras a choir might, or might not, either want to or be able to incorporate.
I'm sure I will conduct it some time in the future since one of my choirs loves singing Jenkin's music and then, perhaps, when I have had a chance to learn it thoroughly it might grow on me and become as wonderful as the other two of his works.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best work since 'The Armed Man', 26 Mar 2012
I'm pleased to say The Peacemakers lives up to 'The Armed Man: A Mass For Peace'. It really is a beautiful album filled with inspirational text & music.

A must have for any Karl Jenkins fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Force of Nature in our Times, 15 Nov 2012
This review is from: Karl Jenkins: The Peacemakers (MP3 Download)
The music of Karl Jenkins is so beautiful and moving that it defies words and description...and we are so fortunate to be able to listen to it in our time

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic, 5 Sep 2012
An inspirational album dedicated to the people who have tried to bring peace to the world. Very evocative and beautiful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Peacemakers is another Karl Jenkins classic, 31 Mar 2012
Peacemakers is majestic, a masterful mix of the uplifting, melancholic and magnificent. Carefully crafted to include evocative sounds and words from world music and literature it is a thoughtful and powerful piece of work.

Solitude (Chloe Hanslip, Violin) fits well with the pure force of energy produced by The Really Big Chorus, who appear on just two of the tracks. A thousand voices singing in unison gives a real WOW factor - the 'Thousang sound' is unforgettable. It's like being a part of the crowd singing 'Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau' at the Millennium Stadium.
Peacemakers is another Karl Jenkins classic that will be performed across the world for years to come. I would strongly recommend it to all Jenkofiles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Give it time - you'll love it, 5 July 2012
Amazon Customer (Hoghton, Lancs, England) - See all my reviews
We went to a performance of this at the Bridgewater Hall & it was very moving. I love the Armed Man & the Requiem & in time this will become a favorite too.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Gem, 24 Jun 2012
A truly superb album. Karl has captured something really special with this one. If you like Karls previous work you will love this.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful new work, 1 May 2012
I have just received The Peacemakers for my birthday. It is a beautiful extravaganza of music. Bold,then gentle, peaceful and very melodic. I think there are many tracks which will be played time and time again. A big hit for Karl Jenkins. If you like his other work, you are bound to love this....it's really great (and that's on one listening)

Karl Jenkins: The Peacemakers