4.3 out of 5 stars1,918

on 16 July 2011
Bought both medium and large, in black.

The fabric is thick and good quality - been buying T-shirts from Sainsbury's and these T-shirts are appreciably thicker.

Haved washed them a few times. The black is still a nice solid black and shrinkage was minimal.

The medium is a close fit in the body, but a little tight under the arm - on me, I find the T-shirt creases between the top of the shoulder and the armpit.

The large seems a little looser in the body - more like a traditional T-shirt fit than a modern fitted T - and the neck is a bit open, not close up like on fitted T-shirts - but fits far more comfortably in the shoulder.

For reference, I'm 6'2", weigh about 14' (90kgs), 42" chest and 38" waist.

Bought from "SkateSlime" - twice - and delivery was prompt, would definitely purchase from them again.
0Comment|182 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 January 2011
As previous reviewer said, I'd buy a bigger size than the one you usually take. But they are great quality shirts if a bit stingy on the cloth. I bought 6 last summer and they'll all still be perfectly wearable next summer despite being washed and washed.
on 12 January 2013
Bit disappointed, I have to say. I've bought Fruit of the Loom t-shirts in years past and found them to be of very good quality and hard-wearing. This pair I bought are classified as medium but are just too small, almost skinny fit, much smaller than M&S medium tees and even smaller than bog-standard Tesco T-shirts (which I have now bought instead). And they're almost translucent white, I can pretty much see through them, so what heavyweight is defined as I don't know. The majority of reviewers seem to be happy so I wonder if the production batches are just very variable in quality and I've got some duff ones...! I don't often complain about anything. Perhaps you get what you pay for and that's just what happened on this occasion. Caveat Emptor and all that.
on 19 May 2011
top class, hard wearing t-shirt. also the cheapest t-shirt i can find online. Great value and have started building up a collection now. Would recommend highly.
on 14 November 2011
Bought 5 of these Ts but was not expecting too much but was surprised at the quality of these shirts at such a low price equal to M&S at a third of the price. I did take notice of several postings regard sizing and possible shrinkage so ordered a size larger than I normally buy, they fit well and look good.....will update after the first wash......so far so good.

Hi All.....Thought I would post my promised update...Well they have now gone through the wash several times with no shrinkage and have kept in shape so I`m well pleased and will now order some more....Just a thought dont use a too hotter wash as this may be the cause of shrinkage mine went through at 40c
on 4 July 2011
These are great shirts and they arrived promptly. As for the size, I typically wear a medium or large t-shirt, so given the recommendations here I bought them in the Large size. They fit perfectly. They're not quite as snug as my medium t-shirts, but very close. Thanks all for the 'buy a size larger' suggestions.
on 11 August 2014
I bought one white and one heather grey shirt to use at the gym. I'm glad I followed the advice of other reviewers to consider getting something slightly larger than I would normally buy. Ordinarily I'm on the border of small and medium, so these medium sized shirts fit well. Hopefully they won't shrink when I wash them. What I found interesting was that even though both were labelled medium, one was just slightly smaller than the other. One of the reasons I bought these was because I prefer the soft, breathable feel of cotton as opposed to synthetics. The white one had the soft feel, but the grey one is a touch more "rough.." Note that the content of the white and the coloured shirts is just slightly different in the description and that may have something to do with the feel of the cloth. The difference may disappear after washing. Another thing I was pleased about is that the shirts weren't too thin or see-through. On the whole, these are very well made. They're a good buy for the price and I expect I'll buy more in the future when I need additional shirts for the gym.
on 1 April 2011
The items are good quality for the price however do not listen to what everyone has written about the sizes. I read the previous comments and because I am normally a Medium I ordered Large. The t-shirts on me look a bit like a dress because of their size. If you are at the lower end of your actual size I would not suggest buying the next size up otherwise you could end up like me.
on 8 June 2014
Delivery was fast,but t shirts were too small,plus one came with holes in the sleeve where it hadn't even been stitched,contacted seller after a bit of fuss (I had to send them a pic to be believed) ,they agreed to replace...still the t shirts were bad quality not what u would expect from a fruit of the loom,they also shrank in the wash too....would never buy from these again! Save ur money and buy elsewhere these t shirts are now used as dusters coz that's all they are fit for!!
on 8 May 2015
The FTL Heavy Cotton T-shirts are my standard shirts for all occasions. The quality is very good and those shirts last forever. I like the "Heavy Cotton" best, just the right thickness unlike the "value" type shirts which I think are too thin. Those are really simple, "no thrills" shirts but good quality and this is why I like them. They feel just right in Summer but are also just right as under-shirts or for sleeping, whatever. Can't complain.