on 7 March 2016
I met a really nice man in the cafe at a famous library in Glasgow. We enjoyed a coffee, some cake and a conversation. He turned out to be Angus McAllister and I promised to read this book and I am very pleased I kept my promise. The Cyber Puppets is part Sci-Fi, part comedy, part thriller and part social commentary. I can't really compare it to anything because it is strangely unique. Ben Elton collides with Iain M Banks. Perhaps not quite. But it will have you laughing and scratching your head as the plot twists. There is no point in telling you about the plot - the whole point is that you don't know until you read it - which you should.
on 19 April 2012
Enjoyed reading this book, set in a very Dallas/Dynasty like soap world, where one character starts to realise how false it all is and questions the nature of what is happening around - while lots of ridiculous soap opera antics keep the story moving forward.

Perhaps a little dip later in the book, but a very entertaining science fiction yarn that had me laughing.