Colour Name: Black/Gold|Change

on 10 January 2014
They are good headphones for the price you pay, however I have had to return two pairs as there was a fault with them, where it would turn the volume automatically to the max. So I am now looking for some new headphones. I suggest maybe buying ones without mic control as the controls also aren't that easy to use.
on 3 April 2012
Brilliant earphones with nice bass, worth every penny. I would highly recommend them and I am normally very fussy about sound quality.
on 30 May 2014
I've been through countless pairs of in-ear sets, and can honestly say these are the best under £100. Previously I've been a huge fan of Sennheiser earphones having used the MM70i, a variety of earphones in the CX range, as well as Bose IEs (which I found uncomfortable) but these have surpassed any of those.

The isolation is excellent, even on London's noisy underground it does a great job even with audiobooks. Sound quality is superb with great bass and solid low, high and mid-range tones.

I've subtracted a star due to the build quality. I'm now on my third pair due to the weakness of the cable just above the audio jack. Twice it has just given way through general use within about 4-5 months. I bought an 3.5mm extension to stop the cord from bending in my pocket, however I lose all in-line remote functionality with these.

TL;DR Great earphones, great isolation, dodgy cable above the jack.
on 8 January 2014
This is stunning product at this price but i only realised it was not compatible for android devices after purchasing. I know the description states for iphone only but i was able to answer a call but couldnt use the microphone on my s3. Nevertheless the headphones are absolutely stunning and deliver high quality sound so i ended up getting the E10s.
on 24 April 2012
I couldn't believe the number of reviews online about these little buds, but they deserve every single one. These phone (E10M) are exactly the same audio as the E10's, so for even more user reviews see the E10's.
I have to second all the 5* reviews, they are fantastic. Great clarity, bass, treble and above all a bargain at £35/£50. I went for the E10M version, as I value the in-line rocker switch, but either way they're a fantastic buy.
Nice to actually get value for money, a rarity these days with £350 phones on the market barely doing much of a better job.
on 30 July 2014
I have bought four pairs of these since May 2013. When these are new they work brilliantly and the sound quality is amazing considering the price.

However every pair of these headphone's I've bought have started falling apart after a little while of using them and every time at least one of the in-ears has stopped working. This is not ideal at all considering I use them everyday for work. I've been careful to keep them protected and carry them in their pouch etc but this doesn't seem to help at all.

Sort it out Sound Magic, I'm fed up of having to buy a new pair when they decide to give up!
on 30 March 2014
But... if they can make a product sound this quite good for the price, I believe they can still do better!

Pros:

Indeed the remote isn't fantastic, but still I didn't find it horrible, actually it's fine really and feels durable. The buttons could have been a bit 'lighter', but not at the cost of durability. So for me really this is 5/5 in this aspect.

The microphone is very good too. Picks the sounds very well (your voice in this case). For the price 5/5, but it could have been a little bit improved in regards to dampening the wind rustling.

It came with a nice pouch, and lots of tips, plus a clipper. I found the one tip with the little hole and medium in size to have the best sound and comfort, as well as it stayed in place very well! Again 5/5.

The jack plug is very nimble, thin, but feels sturdy. Very good if you have a case on and not so much space. 5/5

Cons:

When I got the product I started changing the tips, and I immediately spotted a problem, or two. Some tips are much harder to put on than others. This is where the second problem arose. The filter in the left earphone was somehow pushed in. It came loose on one side and went inside of the earphone. I question, how? My nails aren't a spear to fit in there, but somehow it got damaged, or maybe it came like that. I honestly don't know, but it may should have been a bit deeper inside the earphone so there would have been less accidental access. Also the filter once it got loose it started to lose strings, so that's why I'm positive it was glued. There wasn't a ring around the filter, I believe that would have been the best option; the filter would've been replaceable in case it gets clogged or damaged, and much more durable. It may be a more expansive option, but really... it would be worth it, and I would pay a bit more if it would be really built to last.

The earphones aren't small enough to be comfortable when laying down on a pillow, or when putting on a helmet. This however is not a minus, rather than a wish, because I like how it sounds and I would ride or sleep with them.

Sound quality:

Yes... Finally! How does it perform? Well, I must say, quite nicely balanced. The tips change the sound a bit, so you should try all and compare until you find the one.
Going a little more in depth, I found them a bit harsh, just a bit. They need a 1, 2 dbs more in bass from 200hz downwards to 60hz and 3, 4 dbs more in the sub bass around 30, 40hz downwards.
In mids the 1kz to 2kz need 1db less for the harshness to ease.
Now in highs it's where I found that around 8khz it needs serious reduction of 4 dbs, and at around 9khz it needs 2dbs more. It's like they missed the mark by going a bit too low with the notch, making it sound metallic in result.
Still, as for the speed, it's great. Nice attack. Sound stage is also good, of course in the earphone realm. Clear sound.

Overall I'm not exactly impressed, but satisfied, definitely. Don't forget that price! At this point it's a 5/5 for the sound!

What can I say, I like them... I almost started feeling attached to them. I wanted ear-phones that are smaller, but still be as comfortable, functional, and sound so good for the money... :(
I part with them with pain :(

If I could I would give them 4.9/5 or those 5 stars, but I think I want SoundMAGIC to improve first...
...because I believe they can do better.
on 22 March 2014
Firstly, the sound quality on these is great but I've given this 4 stars because there are slight differences between the image and the item. I went for the black/gold version. To my eye, they are pink in real life and not gold! I was expecting them to be a dark gold colour, almost brown copper. But they're more skin tone. Also, from the image it looks like the control section is chromed and copper too, whereas it's actually plastic. And definitely pink. Feel free to do a Google search and you'll see the difference.

However, the quality of the sound is second to none. I've had many types of headphones over the years and struggled to find a pair that stayed in my ear, had significant bass and inline control. These tick all the boxes for me. Plus a mic thrown in for good measure with the E10M version (the E10 doesn't have a mic).

The other issue I had initially is that the description said you can skip the tracks back and forward. I've never had an inline control before so it took me a while to figure it out. The skipping control is as follows; a quick double-press of the centre button (the pause and play button) will skip forward, a quick triple press skips back a track. I haven't found a way of being able to fast forward or scrub rewind through the track. I'm not sure that's actually possible.

Overall, I'm used to wearing rather expensive £300+ Sennheiser 650 over-ear headphones, but I hate wearing them out and about. These SoundMAGIC E10M headphones are just as good with the sound quality (in my opinion) being comparable to what I'd hear with the expensive Sennheisers.

Just be cautious of the black/gold colours. I wish I'd gone for black/silver instead, which would have been £8 cheaper too.
on 21 February 2013
Update: The headphones have started to give me consistent static electric shocks in my ears. This may not happen to everyone as I wear leather shoes in a carpeted office all day, but it is terribly annoying. It also manages to incorrectly operate the remote. So I'll be walking along receiving minor electric shocks whilst the volume notches up to deafening for no reason. Major design flaw.

-------

I bought these from a competitor site which had the phones in stock sooner.

I have to say that the sound quality is comparable with earphones in the £60-£100 bracket, and I've thoroughly enjoyed listening to them. My one grievance is with the in-line remote. I specifically bought the E10Ms for this feature and I think it is poorly executed. The remote quality is shabby plastic which does not fit with the quality of the rest of the materials, and the buttons have a cheapo tactile feel. There are also no raised tabs on the buttons, so it is guess work trying to figure out which button you are pressing when the remote is out of sight - answering a call takes a few presses after you've accidentally been hitting the volume buttons for instance.

I would buy these again, but don't think the price is deserving for the extra remote functionality as it is delivered so poorly.

One bonus to me is the cord length. This comes in at just over 1m, which is absolutely perfect for anyone in the 6ft range. I have no idea why manufacturers have decided to provide cords up to double the length of this as it is a nuisance whilst walking.
on 20 May 2014
There are some key design floors with this product, one being that the rubber sleeve that keeps the wires together is below the Apple Mic meaning that they will always get tangled when you put them in your pocket. Also the plastic sleeve that covers the jack comes of easily and has Made in China printed on it.
I was impressed with the sound quality though after only 4 months of easy use the left bud has stopped working which is renders them practically useless.
Overall even though the sound quality was good, for the price I was expecting a better build quality.