5.0 out of 5 stars So easy to use!
What's not to like?
It looks sweet,
it's so user-friendly & it slots straight into the boombox USB port.
Oh, AND it holds about 1000 songs
Published 14 months ago by IHD

1.0 out of 5 stars A great wee player - too bad it was (apparently?) faulty...?
I was delighted to find that this MP3 player did absolutely "everything it said on the tin". Simplicity wasn't even in it - so easy to use, and a welcome change from my previous one which apparently required a PhD in Engineering to operate it. How-and-ever...

Published 6 months ago by G. ARNOTT

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars So easy to use!, 23 July 2013
This review is from: Philips SA3MXX04PA/02 Pink 4GB Portable MP3 Player (Electronics)
What's not to like?
It looks sweet,
it's so user-friendly & it slots straight into the boombox USB port.
Oh, AND it holds about 1000 songs

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple sound, 5 Jun 2013
Not used to these sort of gadgets, but I soon worked it out. Very pleased with it. I haven't used all the space on it yet, but it means there is plenty of scope for the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 31 Jan 2014
I spent a good few (tiring) hours trying to make a choice on a cheap mp3 player. Every one I homed in on seemed to have some plus sides and some down sides according to reviews. Having decided that maybe it was worth just taking a gamble and going for one of the unbranded Chinese ones (I mean, obviously, they're all Chinese!), I found one of these at the right price.
I'd already read reviews but they'd said the menus weren't good and the volume was a bit low so had given up on it. Anyway, I can now say that having bought one and tried it out, I have nothing but praise for this big usb stick!
I'm sure an iPod can make you a coffee in the morning but this player can do most of the other stuff you really need!
The screen is very clear and easy to navigate, it's easy to drag and drop files/folders and the buttons are easy to use even with large fingers. Perhaps most importantly, the sound quality is brill! I have learnt however that it REALLY matters what phones you have plugged in. My JVC Riptides produce copius amounts of full, rich-bass sound on as little as 10 (out of 30). However through my old Ross headphones I have to double that to 20! - The same is true of the buds that come with the player. If you put your fingers over the buds you get a nice rich sound but otherwise you lose a bit of volume and a good portion of bass.
How can so little a thing deliver so much? Great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Abosolutely lovely, 30 Dec 2013
Ms. S. M. Menezes "Susana" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my six year old daughter. The sound is wonderful- clear and crisp. exactly what you expect of Philips products. The menu is simple enough for a six year old to navigate and the screen is big enough to actually read. The navigation on the menu, sound and bw/fw is a simple pressure button next to the play key. It locks by pressing the power button.
As I bought this for a kid, I bought kids' over the ear headphones but it coms with in ear black headphones that are perfectly serviceable and which I will keep for other uses.
it gets a five star not just based on the ration price/ quality- which is superb, but because, even if you exclude the price factor, it is of great quality.
It made my daughter very happy and, I'm sue, will make may other just so. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little gadget, 11 Feb 2014
My Sony device went through the washing machine and the story ends there as you can imagine. I was fed up using my phone as a listening device. I have an old ipod which, frankly, is good listening but is heavy, complicated to load and manage so I was looking for an easy to load - easy to operate - nice to listen to device.

This Philips device is as good if much better than the Sony with good bass but without the annoying `zappin' feature which drove me mad.

I have a hearing problem, but with this device I can hear elements in music tracks that I have missed on other players. I've never had a Philips anything before so I am impressed.

A great device - lightweight - easy to load - easy to manage - easy to operate and importantly a quality sound.

You might need to upgrade the headphones to make the best of this product.

If there is a down side it is this. When putting on pause you will only have 5 minutes to play again otherwise the player resets. A bit frustrating when in the middle of a long podcast. That said, I can't fault it.

5.0 out of 5 stars the biz, 22 Nov 2013
S. Hapgood "www.sjhstrangetales.com" - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I bought my first one of these over a year ago, have used it constantly, and I can't recommend it enough. Easy to use, with nice simple navigation, bags of room to load any amount of songs and tunes you wish, and easy to recharge. The Philips MP3 Players are the best.

1.0 out of 5 stars A great wee player - too bad it was (apparently?) faulty...?, 24 Mar 2014
G. ARNOTT "JemimaD" (UK) - See all my reviews

From the very start it refused to play with any other headphones. (No, I wasn't testing it - there just happened to be an occasion, very soon after purchase, when its own provided headphones weren't available; so I grabbed another pair.) No dice. Even worse: it refused to play in the car via a cassette output - after which attempt it also developed a bizarre yellow squiggle on the LED display which no amount of re-setting would remove. I eventually contacted Philips who felt that it must surely be faulty. So I've had to send it back. Furthermore Philips are not apparently producing it anymore; so I'm now scouting round the web trying to find backstock, or an equivalent.

Has anyone else had either or both of these problems? I would be very interested to know...

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 31 Jan 2014
I bought this for myself and I can't believe how tiny it is. I thought that the display would be too small to see, however the display is clear as a bell and it is so easy to use. The sound is good. Couldn't hear much difference with the mode settings but I'm not bothered about that.

5.0 out of 5 stars but it is easy to get music on, 17 Aug 2014
I bought this for my 5yo daughter, who actually can't switch it on and off herself, as that button is fiddly, but it is easy to get music on, and she finds it easy to skip through the tracks she doesn't want on shuffle. I would like another for her sister, but they don't seem to still be selling them

4.0 out of 5 stars Good (within limits), 9 July 2014
PLSavage (Cambs) - See all my reviews
Works well with alternative headphones (I can't get on with the in-the-ear types). Battery life probably not as long as claimed but, going by the 'blobs', should do at least 8 hours before recharge.

Only real snag I can find is that songs loaded on in 'non-MP3' format don't play in order, whether you number them or not. I was partially intending to use this player for backing tracks recorded in WAV format. Loading them on is no problem, but they can't be made to play in the order I have them on my Tascam DR05 (which I use live), so I'm having to stick with CD's as back up.

This probably wouldn't bother most people, but if you have ordinary songs in WMA or WAV (and I have tons!) which you want to load, don't expect to be able to play them in any particular order (although they actually play perfectly). But MP3's are no problem, and I suppose that's what this player's intended for...!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›