4.0 out of 5 stars My review
I am enjoying this book, find it slow reading though but like the effect of meeting the characters from both sides.
Published 11 months ago by A M Higgin

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit rushed.
I quite enjoyed it but was surprised at the way it galloped through the 'Arthurian Legend' and killed Arthur off at the end. As it is no. 1 of a trilogy I wondered what the other two books would be about. Not a problem - I've read the other two and it all worked in hindsight.

Published 19 months ago by Rumpuscat

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit rushed., 21 Feb 2013
This review is from: The King of Powys (The Shadow of Avalon Trilogy Book 1) (Kindle Edition)

This book concentrated mainly on the well-known King Arthur stuff - illegitimate birth, foster-parents & brother, attaining the throne,lots of battles, marriage to Gwenhwyvar, Gwenhwyvar's adultery, Mordred and Camlann. It's well-written and the use of 10 different characters sequentially revealing the story in the first person is a clever approach that works for me. The author has also incorporated some of the less well known variations of the Arthurian story (eg. Melwas instead of Lancelot, Anna instead of Morgause.) and I think this makes a refreshing change. I've only given it 3* because of the slightly rushed feeling I got but it's well worth a read and so are the others.

2.0 out of 5 stars Hard going, 5 Mar 2014
I didn't finish this book - even though it's a subject I usually really enjoy. Sorry I just had to give up, I was looking forward to it as it seemed like an unusual twist but I couldn't stick with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars My review, 17 Oct 2013