on 31 October 2012
I bought this about 10 days ago to clean my new house which was manky and smelly... good test.
Only fill 1.3L in the tank
Pros:
P1: Excellent steam production - powerful
P2: Perfect for getting dirt/grime out of nooks and slits
P3: Great for deodourising carpets and floors
P4: Very easy to use
Cons:
C1: Squeegies do not work properly
C2: need to BUY more accessories
C3: only flimsy cloths included
C4: Does not lift grease/grime (kitchen) as well as we are led to believe
C5: Does not lift long term/stubborn stains in carpets very easily
Overall still a very good buy.
55 comments| 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 September 2012
I love this steam cleaner, really easy to put together, cleans really well. you can easily change the steam output.
I use a small funnel to put the water in as it makes it easier to fill rather than just the container provided on it's own as alittle awkward to fill without spilling onto the machine.
I use Kalstop as I live in a hard water area to save ruining the machine with limescale buildup and have found any large micro fibre cloths with this machine clean my floor well. I use different colours for different areas of my home.
on 29 January 2013
We owned a previous Polti steam cleaner, and even now it never ceases to amaze us, these really are the bees knees in steam cleaning, excellent value for money, and a pleasure to work with. Thank You.
on 11 February 2013
We have tiles everywhere, in the house and outside. Cleaning marks off them was a tedious job until now. The machine heats up in about 10 minutes and supplies plenty of steam. It removes stains and dirt from the floor tiles. In fact the first time it was used, on what was thought to be a clean indoor floor we had a surprise! The amount of grime that was removed was amazing. The machine has aslo been used with the fittings for cleaning windows, cleaning the gas hob and cleaning the toilet with excellent results every time. A very satisfactory purchase and well worth the cost.
on 22 March 2015
I had to return the first one and was disappointed when the bristles on the small brush were badly distorted after one very short use. Luckily I had the brush from my old Polti - which I had for 18 years - and the replacement arrived extremely quickly. The machine is brilliant in every other regard.
on 18 December 2013
I bought mine just over a year ago from John Lewis to steam clean all areas of a house I was moving from.

Pros:
Heats up quickly enough (approx 10 mins)
Good sized water tank so lasts a good while
steam pressure variable
Floor tool big enough to securely fit a tea-towel so no need to buy special cloths
Great for cleaning bathrooms, hard floors, etc and leaves the air feeling clean too
Came with a steam iron (which I have yet to use)

Cons
Ok range of tools supplied, but squeegee doesn't work. Also found bristles on detail wand bent under the heat from steam once a bit of pressure was applied to cleaning a hob
No on-board storage for the cable or attachments (but did come with a bag which will accommodate the long bits you put together for the floor tool)
Not as good as advertised for 'old' grease

After a session of trying to degrease the oven with the machine, I managed to short out the cooker - guess the steam got into the electrics somehow. It was ok once it dried out ;)

Overall, I'm happy with my purchase. Good results consistently, and no need to bleach everywhere. Picks up dirt you can't even see. Decent price considering the use it's had.
on 14 February 2013
Best purchase I have ever made for cleaning. Just fill with tap water and switch on and shortly get a stream of high pressure steam which not only cleans the house you get a hydrating facial whilst you're at it!! Joking apart as we live in a traditional Portuguese farm house with lots of bamboo ceilings and tiled floors this is an absolute must. To help get into tricky places and eliminate dust a blast of steam from a well positioned nozzle will suffice. The attachments make cleaning tiles and shower screens easy and I found just blasting round the bathroom and then wiping with kitchen towel brought everything up gleaming. I was able to scrub out a stain on a rug just by using the 180 degree brush and upholstery was refreshed easily with a blast of steam. A must not just for clean freaks but everyone as it takes a lot of the hard work out of cleaning. I'm sure the amount I save on not buying chemicals will soon offset the cost.
on 23 October 2013
It did take 2 steam cleaners to get the expected results (The first one broke down within 2 days of use), however, the replacement arrived well before the expected date (so big brownie points to Amazon for that tough why Amazon used 2 firms (one to collect an one to deliver is beyond me). That being said, the replacement performed to expectations (My wife being a long time fan of Polti) my only concern would be the possibility of built in obsolescence but that unfortunately is modern day progress.
on 5 April 2013
I have this steam cleaner which I bought elsewhere as Amazon did not sell this one at the time. It is fantastic!! I love it for cleaning and disinfecting my bathroom and kitchen. I know things are really clean after using this! And it really cleans my laminate flooring well too. It does leave it a wee bit damp for a couple of mins, but no heavy dirty buckets of water to lug around doing floors, and you could eat your dinner off it! It will not remove years of baked on grease, but does tackle recent dirt from ovens fairly well with the wee hard round brush. And I love doing my windows now, so quick, easy and streak free. Just spray window with steam and wipe dry with a microfibre cloth (or use window attachment).Crystal clear! I think my windows are cleaner than with chemical window cleaners which leave a residue. Does outsides too which saves me paying a window cleaner. Clean and disinfect fridges, worktops, tables etc, the list goes on and on, and so quickly too. I would not be without this now. Fantastic product and very well made too. (oh and very addictive too, you will look for things to clean!)
on 22 August 2013
Bought this a couple of weeks ago.Very easy to set up and use. Made the rhino flooring in the kitchen and utility look a lot brighter.Grease/dirt round the built-in hob unit was blasted away. Prior to having the polti I'd frequently scrubbed the same area with a toothbrush, obviously not well enough judging by what came out!! Kitchen work surfaces and tiles also came up really well.Experimented cleaning a greasy oven door.It did the job but the area between the glass sheets in the oven door had condensation trapped there, so had to heat up the oven for five minutes to get rid of it.Gave the kitchen window a blast of steam.The squeegee didn't perform well--much too stiff--it could do with a more flexible blade.However, it dried quickly using a linen cloth---which rather defeats the object of the exercise, but was much faster than spraying/leathering/buffing up, or whatever people choose to do.
Cleaned the kitchen windowsill.Suspected the paint at one end of this needed renewing and blasting it with steam started to lift the paint off, so I was right--but it did clean it.
Whilst I'm not going to be cleaning through the house every week with this machine I can see that it's going to save me a lot of time/effort in keeping the place spick and span when I do want to give one area a good clean.
One downside--if, like me, you have hair that goes wavy/curly in a damp atmosphere be prepared for a whole new hairstyle!!
Oh yes, in the video why was the woman ( and why a woman??) spraying steam around the room prior to working on the fiddly bits?? Was this to dislodge cobwebs/dust, aerate the room, add humidity. Who knows!!