5.0 out of 5 stars The Vow
Published 17 months ago by Joanne Webber

1.0 out of 5 stars The film was better.
Published 7 months ago by Jennifer May

1.0 out of 5 stars The film was better., 15 Jun. 2014
Jennifer May (Bristol, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The Vow: The True Events that Inspired the Movie (Kindle Edition)
This is the only time I am ever going to say this: the film was better. The film was based on a true story, and this is that story written by the husband and wife involved in a terrible tragedy. Unfortunately, it's very clear that they haven't had any writing experience before, it's clunky and monotonous, and I'm almost certain they corney-d it up a bit 'cause no one can be that sickeningly sweet. I understand that both main characters were really into their religion, but it was almost overpowering and every single damn thing was linked to Christianity which really got on my nerves. I only made it two chapters in before I lost the will to live

3.0 out of 5 stars NY11, 22 Sept. 2013
Have to say I did not finish this book, was disappointed. Was more enthralled by the film. Sorry to the author.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Vow, 17 Aug. 2013
What an amazing read, I absolutely loved it. The Carpenters are such an inspirational couple and I admire their strength and their faith through such a traumatic time in their lives. The book also gives a brilliant insight to having a severe brain injury and how it affects everyone around the patient. I have worked with brain injured patients and could relate to the descriptions of inappropriate behaviour, the mood swings and the complete change in personality. The film, although based on the book, does not cover this aspect so I would definitely recommend the book.

2.0 out of 5 stars The Vow, 17 Jun. 2013
I thought that the film version of the Vow was better I found the book too slow and mono tone

1.0 out of 5 stars Vow, 8 Mar. 2013
Boring found first couple chapters boring didn't bother to read on so cannot comment on complete book, didn't like it at all

2.0 out of 5 stars Boring, 26 Feb. 2013
This review is from: The Vow (Paperback)
Watched the film and wasnt impressed but had been told the book went into more detail so bought it and wasnt impressed thought it was far too religious and a little far fetched.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Vow, 29 Feb. 2012
This review is from: The Vow (Paperback)
Firstly I wasn't expecting a real life story/autobiography so that was quite a shock, although it was probably my own fault for not looking into it properly! Once I started reading though it was an amazing story and I couldn't put it down. I would definitely recommend it to people.

4.0 out of 5 stars More documentary then romance, but very nice!, 14 July 2012
Filipa Alves - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Vow (Paperback)
I really liked because how realistic it is. It's told in the first person, the husband point a view and he doesn't romantacize it, despite of the beautiful love story of the couple. I really enjoyed reading it.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Vow, 17 Mar. 2014
This review is from: The Vow (Paperback)
I bought this after watching the film as I wished to read about the real life couple that the movie was inspired by. It wasn't quite the theatrics given by the movie, but it was still a lovely, heart-wrenching story, made all the more sad by the fact that she never regained her memory of her husband. Lovely.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice read, 7 Mar. 2014
Very different from the film however a lovely story and a really enjoyable read. Would recommend this book to others.