5.0 out of 5 stars Beyond the Storm
I read a lot of his books when I was in my late teens and really enjoyed them. I didn't actually realise he'd written more stuff so was pleasantly surprised to find this.
Finished it this morning - I got totally engrossed and as I mentioned earlier I thought I was back in my teen years again. Was strange to come downstairs to be surrounded by my own teens!!!!
A...
Published on 11 Jan. 2012 by Den

3.0 out of 5 stars another Cornwall classic
Having just read this latest book by E V Thompson I was a bit disappointed as I did not feel that it was as good as some of his previous books. The storyline was not as exciting nor as unpredictable as I would have liked and although this book was a good quick easy read I did not enjoy it as much as others by the same author.
Published on 5 Jan. 2011 by Kindle Customer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Beyond the Storm, 11 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Beyond the Storm (Paperback)
A brilliant read - definitively going to be scouring the library for his books again and I know which books are going to be he first added to my kindle.
Basically a story set in Cornwall in the 19th century. A wrongly accused girl being sent to Australia is found after a storm laying, barely breathing, on a Cornish beach. The new Reverend's sister finds her and nurses her back to health and then offers her a job. her background remains hidden for three years and when the truth is discovered will the people who have come to love and respect her stand by her or not?

3.0 out of 5 stars another Cornwall classic, 5 Jan. 2011

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the early novels, 7 Jan. 2013
Mrs. J. Curtis "badgerjan" (Devon UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beyond the Storm (Kindle Edition)
I loved all the early E.V.Thompson novels, could not put them down., but I got bored with this one, guessed most of the story before it happened, and found myself skipping pages, have found myself doing this often with his more recent work over the last few years, I keep buying them because I am a fan of the author, but may not bother in future if he writes any more, they are becoming a bit like mills and boon, sorry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly written novel of a Cornwall we all know., 12 April 2013
Mr. K. Mccourt "KeithinHerts." (HATFIELD, Herts, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Beyond the Storm (Paperback)
EV Thompson has done it again. This time with "Beyond The Storm". And, once again Mr Taylor shows he fantastic knowledge of the working conditions of the South West of England, and Cornwall, in a Century gone by... It also shows us How the women manage and strive to survive, and strive for betterment whilst the menfolk work. Great book, Great service from Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 July 2014
excellent story

5.0 out of 5 stars Beyond The Storm by E.V.Thompson, 8 April 2014
This review is from: Beyond the Storm (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed reading this book. All of this authors books are brilliant. I would recommend all of his books to all friends and family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spellbinding, 16 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Beyond the Storm (Kindle Edition)
the stories. of EV Thompson are sort of stories, once you start them you just cannot put them down until you reach the end. I think people from the West Country in particular or people interested I this area would be particularly interested.Full marks

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 23 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Beyond the Storm (Kindle Edition)
Another interesting read from this author.
He is always consistent , writing beautifully flowing storylines.
My favourite author to date.

3.0 out of 5 stars Tale of Old Cornwall, 20 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Beyond the Storm (Kindle Edition)
This is my first E V Thompson novel and I enjoyed this charming tale of remote country living in rural Cornwall. It was an easy read and the end foreseeable however the detail in events and characters made it an interesting book. I will be reading more of his work.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 26 April 2013
This review is from: Beyond the Storm (Kindle Edition)
I love e.v. Thompson's books and this one did not disappoint its a great read and he always takes you right into the story and setting read it

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›