• Utu

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 18 February 2012
I used to regard VARTTINA as the Finnish Dixie Chicks but they are way better than that. This CD is the best to date but to be fair I have 6 of their other CD's and they are all excellent. Their music contains beautiful harmonies, great songs, which I suppose could be classified as folk / traditional, and a band of superb musicians. The three vocalists- Mari Kaasinen, Susah Aho and Johanna Virtanen - are hugely popular in Finland and they deserve wider aclaim. The CD HAS 15 tracks, all in Finnish - but don't let that put you off - from quiet to full on and is just fabulous.
on 22 February 2014
Excellent , a very strong offering, to me it sounds like classic Varttina, the amazing Karelian vocals and harmonies as usual, the time signatures, memorable powerful melodies and great production, very highly recommended.
on 17 July 2015
Strange. Unusual to my ears and I am not sure what to make of it. Not unpleasant - just kind of weird. Worth listening to.
on 12 April 2013
In order to listen to this CD a THIRD time on the trot I intentionally missed watching Doctor Who....now that's true love!