5.0 out of 5 stars vampire hollows 5*, 11 Feb 2012
This review is from: Vampire Hollows (Book Six) (Kiera Hudson Series One 6) (Kindle Edition)
WOW wonderful series and the last book really was worth the wait. Brilliant so many twists and turns and the writing draws you in completely. The story is action packed and full of suspense from the start. I would recomend the series to everyone its such a good series one of my favourite. I cant wait for series two i wont say to much but its going to be brilliant :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Read :), 10 Feb 2012
Book Five in the series...After what seemed like a long wait for this book to come out it certainly doesn't disappoint! Carrying on the journey for Kiera and her crew (Potter hmmm....) into the Hollows and the decision she has to make about the survival of one race this book continues with twists and turns galore to keep you guessing to the very end. Loved this book, loved the series and would recommend this series to all! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Vampire Hollows (Keira Huson Book 5, Series One), 20 Oct 2012
Caroline (England, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Well, 'Vampire Hollows (Keira Hudson Book 5, Series One)' is certainly full of surprises. It has been a rollercoaster ride of good and bad, highs and lows and the impact it has on the readers' emotions is extraordinary.

Tim O'Rourke's writing is as descriptive as ever regarding the scenery, so much so that it feels like you are actually there, spectating the events that unfold. I have never experienced a book that captures the soul as the Keira Hudson novels do. It is an experience that makes you feel so alive, like you are a part of the story, like you are a character in the story, assisting Keira on her journey.

Keira has gradually been changing and becoming slightly more like a Vampyrus throughout the series and because of how gradual this has taken place the reader does not disconnect with her in any way. Keira was as human as you and I during the Ragged Cove adventure (with the exception of her being able to see the most obvious and piecing it together very quickly) and it is only when looking back at the first novel that we realise how far she has come. And yet we love her, perhaps even moreso than when we were first introduced. I love the fact that she can control her new features and how she flies. The description on how she flies through the air, with the skin on her face rippling, due to her velocity and the wind blowing at her, is just exhilarating and makes it all the more realistic. Also, her seeing ability is still present as we are taken back and forth into her mind's eye. Some scenes here are graphic and remind me of the tv programme 'Silent Witness'.

Wherever Keira seems to end up her prize possessions never leave her: Murphy's crucifix and her beloved iPod. The use of this iPod and the song choices, as mentioned in earlier reviews, have a very stronghold in connecting with the characters and the scene that they are used in. It does not disappoint!

Potter is by far my favourite character, even above Keira I have to say. He is like, to me, a younger version of the character Gene Hunt from the 'Life on Mars' and 'Ashes to Ashes' series. Even though he is meant to be young, he is witty, sarcastic, moody, stubborn, etc, with oldskool phrases suchas "easy, tiger" and "sweetcheeks". He is a man of mystery and darkness, and yet he is very moral and loyal. We are constantly kept on our toes wondering if he is the traitor or not.

There are so many twists and turns that absolutely nothing is obvious. This series truly is an escape that feels so real. There are also many questions for the reader to seek answers to: is Luke still alive; will Potter resuce him; who is Elias Munn; will Keira decide to end all human life or end the Vampyrus'?

The Vampyrus truly are incredible creatures and the description of their wings sounds breathtakingly beautiful. I imagine the movie 'Michael' with John Travolta and the more recent 'Legion' with Paul Bettany when picturing their wings. They sound heavenly even though some are cruel creatures. Which leads me again to reiterate some of my earlier reviews of this series that the characters are very believable. They all say and do both good and bad, making it near impossible to find out who the possible 'traitor' amongst the group is.

Again, there are different types of beings to look out for with Vampyrus, Lycanthrope and half-breeds. The Lycanthrope character, Jack Seth, is a large guy, reminding me of Alcide Herveaux from the 'True Blood' tv series but with the moodiness and, for me, a slight disconnection like that of Jacob in the 'Twilight Saga'.

We are also introduced to new characters, such as Coanda and The Elders. The Elders seem to hold the authority in the Hollows and nothing seems to get passed them. They cannot be fooled.

Even writing this review now I cannot escape the atmosphere of the book. The Hollows are a mix of caves and dark tunnels with some open spaces. The rocks are mostly red, like you would imagine on Mars, however some areas within the tunnels are grey and dark. Some areas are mountainous while other areas are wooded. Then there is the light from the Lighthouse, the lava, the ash and dust and the murky fog in the tunnels. If you would like adventure, action, mystery, love, and excitement this series will completely blow you away.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vampire Hollows (Kiera Hudson book 5), 26 Sep 2012
Well what can I say, a total roller coaster of a read from book 1-5. I loved them. It was maybe not the ending I was hoping for but the whole way through there were unexpected twists and turns.
Well done Tim on evoking every emotion as i read, and a captivating series of books.
Kim

5.0 out of 5 stars WONDERFUL, 11 Jun 2012
Ms. Lm Fitts - See all my reviews
Tim O'Roukes Kiera Hudson series is excellent could not put it down, I have read all the Kiera Hudson series 1 books and am now reading Kiera Hudson series 2. I recommend this series to anyone who enjoys reading books of the supernatural nature.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tim O'Rourke has done it again!!, 17 May 2012
Jenn Green (Bath, Pennsylvania) - See all my reviews
What can I say, another Amazing Book in the Kiera Hudson series. This one made me laugh, made me cry & had me on the edge of my seat the entire time. I think I chewed down every last one of my nails by the time I was done LMAO I am proud to say my suspicions about Elias Munn were dead on (although the reveal had me in tears, Im not ashamed to admit it!!) I would recommend this book to anyone who will listin to me, but would suggest reading the series from the beginning. It is well worth your time. But be prepared, Mr. O'Rourke has a way of totally sucking you in to his stories and evoking a wide range of emotions is the span of the story & you WILL lose track of time =D I am very much looking foward to the next Kiera Hudson series. This Author has landed firmly on my Favs list & I dont see that ever changing. Im totally ok with that!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 9 May 2012
I had an idea who the bad apple was but the twist and turns made it very difficult to be sure! It is very well written and keeps you reading! I wasn't able to put it down! The ending was fantastic and like all of the books in the series I just wanted the next one and to continue reading! It is a nice change from the typical vampire series that are being written these days, very enthralling and imaginative!

5.0 out of 5 stars another edge of the seat read, 14 April 2012
what a way to go, this book keeps you on the edge of your seat with twists and turns throughout. fab read from a good storyteller, if you havent read the other books your missing out. jeffrey archer eat your heart out, there is a new writer in town!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Looking forward to more, 21 Feb 2012
Just finished the 5th and final book in this series. And what a ride it turned out to be. The twists and turns of the story, along with the who is Elias Munn? aspect had me hooked from start to finish. I'm pleased to note that I guessed right in the end, but it took me all bar the last three or four chapters, and accusing every other character along the way before I'd made up my mind! And for me, thats the sign of a good, well crafted story; one that has you guessing all the way, so much so that you're unable to put it down until you know the truth.
My one criticism is as someone else has pointed out; the editing could do with tightening up, but in my eyes that didn't detract from the story, it was just occassionally annoying.

I'm a happy reader though. For despite this being the conclusion to one series, it is also the opening to a whole new series, and I for one, can't wait to enjoy the next ride!

5.0 out of 5 stars If only I could give this series more stars...FANTASTIC read!, 15 Feb 2012
I've just finished reading book 5 of the Keira Hudson series and would like to thank the author...it has had me glued to my Kindle for the past week, I loved the twists to the story, keeping you in suspense and as soon as I had read the 1st book I was downloading the rest of the series.
I would highly recommend this book along with the rest of the series and can't wait to read the next instalment of Series 2 - Dead Flesh.