Price:£24.99+ £3.95 shipping

on 27 March 2012
This review is being written less than a week before my Thai fight on Sunday, so I may update this review as and when I have properly competed in these shin guards, so probably some time next week.

First of all, I bought these in the red colour, only because my shorts are red. They do look great, and don't look like the colour will be fading anytime soon. The strap below the knee is a fantastic touch and sets this pair of shin guards apart from some other nylon ones I have purchased for interclubs, adding that extra bit of solid comfort to prevent these flying round your legs when you block a decent kick.

In terms of size, these should fit anyone who would usually buy a M/L size. These guards wing a fair bit around the edges when you first open the packet, but a night or two folded over underneath a heavy box will sort this out, and turn them slimmer around the shin, providing much more comfort and style (if that's your thing!). I am 6ft and fight at 63kg, so obviously I am on the slim side, but these fit just fine, and would fit anyone a bit shorter with thicker legs OK too.

Overall 4/5 stars, only because of the loose lining between the foot and shin protectors, but this can be sorted with a tight anklet over the top. These are great shin guards and it is definitely worth spending the extra £10 or so in terms of sock-type nylon guards. For heavy sparring go leather!