Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

on 10 July 2012
This product is very poor value for money. There is not much equipment provided and what is provided is of poor quality. The goggles are of reasonable quality and the safety advice is okay. My grandson was frustrated and disappointed, and I felt that we had been ripped off.
on 3 January 2014
I have one disappointed 9yr old daughter and I too am flabbergasted... We bought this as a stocking filler for Christmas and looked forward to playing it. The first experiment we tried was the exploding volcano, which I have to say was as flat as a fart.. I've created more bubbles in the bath when I back fire than that.

The second experiment was the cocktail glass experiment that too was rubbish, at this stage my daughter broke down in floods of tears. The rocket experiment was no better absolute PANTS!!!!!

The worst game I have ever bought you would have more fun dropping a polo mint in a bottle of coca cola.

Stay clear or risk the wrath of your kids!!!!!!!
on 29 December 2012
So disappointed in this kit. Not one of the experiments worked in the way it was meant to. And by that I am being generous, the one that did sort of work didn't work in the way it was meant to. Result was one very disappointed daughter who was really excited about receiving this gift in her stocking only to be let down steadily by film canisters that leaked, volcanoes that didn't erupt and rockets that didn't fly.
on 26 December 2012
DO NOT BUY THIS.

Would it have killed them to include some blu-tack? Or a soluble Vitamin C tablet? Or one of the other plethora of trivial ingredients that are marked "Not included" and stop you dead when you're trying to do an experiment?

Oh yeah, and the "experiments". One of them is fill a balloon with small pieces of paper (not included), blow up the balloon with a pump (not included) and release outside.

The balloon is included.

There - I've saved you >£2.

The only things my children learned from this is that science is disappointing, dull and comes with several items that cannot be found.
on 19 September 2012
I'm an ex-Science teacher and I like this product. It really needs to be played with by an adult and child together though. Left alone they would lose bits and not be able to follow the instructions easily. There are better water rockets (like the Rokit) but this one operates well from a medium sized garden and some of the other gadgets can be used indoors.
on 28 April 2013
wasn't too keen on this im afraid we were all excited to get building the rocket which was not successful and didn't please my son too much but was excited and keen to learn and see how these experiments worked have a few other experiments to try. hopefully these will be better .
on 8 May 2015
There are about 10 experiments in here, all of which use nothing more dangerous than household chemicals - eg bicarbonate of soda. With a bit of enterprise you could put most of this stuff together yourself.

That said we have had an few afternoons of fun- mostly with the water rocket - basically a cork with a bicycle valve through it - and making the film canister exploe with alkaselzer. The boys love it, and the fact that it is all wrapped up with instructions makes them want to do it, but you are paying quite a lot for the packaging and instructions.
on 19 January 2016
Poor all around and most dissapointing.Mostly based outdoors and this Christmas was mainly wet and windy so unable to use it.I remember the old indoor fireworks and was expecting something similar,i think the title of the product is misleading to say the least and don't get me started on the piece of paper folded to make the BANG!
on 16 April 2014
I bought this to play with my two daughters, sadly there are many things missing and no shopping list. You'll need a bike pump, blutac, selatape, vitamin C tablet, large glass bowl or jug, scissors, scrap paper, outside space, a bottle of cola, etc..
My advice is to try the experiments out before getting the kids involved, but if like me you are too busy for that then you're better off simply avoiding this. There must be better kits out there.
on 1 May 2013
This is a good present for children but you need to know there are basic things needed for the experiments which can be found in most kitchens. Best to check first before you plan to use.