4.0 out of 5 stars If this is what The Vicious Brothers' debut movie is like, I can't wait for their next one.
Grave Encounters, a ghost hunting television series hosted by Lance Preston films its sixth episode in an abandoned former mental hospital in this scare-filled mockumantary. Lance and his crew voluntarily lock themselves in the building overnight and begin their paranormal investigation, filming everything on the way.

I've been looking forward to seeing Grave...
Published on 13 Dec 2011 by rjmacreadys

3.0 out of 5 stars Who are you gonna' call? (not these guys)
I hear there's plenty of `ghost-hunting' shows on cable TV stations these days (I can't name any, because I deliberately don't watch them, but I hear there's a fair few). Grave Encounters is a kind of Blair Witch Project set in a lunatic asylum. A documentary film crew go there to continue making a series of ghost-hunting programmes, only to find - guess what - they get...
Published on 24 April 2012 by Albatross

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 8 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A pleasant surprise!, 31 Jan 2013
This review is from: Grave Encounters [DVD] (DVD)
I thought this was just another follower of the 'paranormal activity' sub genre that has emerged, but this film turned out to be one of the scariest horrors I've ever seen! (And as a horror addict, I have seen a lot!) would DEFINITELY recommend this!

4.0 out of 5 stars Really not as bad as you'd expect..., 15 Dec 2012
This review is from: Grave Encounters [DVD] (DVD)
My girlfriends and I bought this film on a whim to watch at a sleepover. Because I hadn't heard of it and the blurb made it sound unoriginal to say the least, I was convinced it was going to be awful. However, I was pleasantly surprised as we had a great time watching it. There were genuine scares, and it made for a fun night it. Not a great film by any means, but worth the money for a solid good time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Creepy and good value entertainment, 10 Nov 2012
This movie is taking forever to be released in Australia. As I write this it still hasn't been released! I have confirmed release date will be soon but there will be no BLU RAY, which is why I decided to buy it from the UK. After reading many reviews via the interent about how creepy and scary it is, while I can definitely say I thoroughly enjoyed it, and yes a bit creepy, I found it could have been a lot scarier (I jumped more through Paranormal Activity 1-3). While I appreciate this is a movie in the style of 'Blair Witch' and 'Paranormal Activity' where filming is hand-held and supposed to be shaky, I found this movie to be excessively and annoyingly shaky. They are filming a TV show, and even when they are supposedly filming a shot to be printed for their TV show they still seem to insist on shaking the camera. A TV production would not do this. If they stilled the camera for the TV filming and reverted to 'shaky' cam during times where they weren't intending to shoot for TV, it probably would have been a lot better. All said and done though, I would recommend this to anyone who is easily freaked out and fans of the Blair Witch style horror film making or ghost-hunting TV series shows.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grave Encounters - Brilliant!, 6 Aug 2012
L. A. White (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Grave Encounters [DVD] (DVD)
I love this film! With documentary-style and hand-held camerawork which is totally believable in the context of the movie, I can find little fault with it. With a nod to the spate of the'Most Haunted' and similar programmes, we follow a film crew as they spend a night investigating supposed paranormal activity in an old building, formerly used as an asylum, but empty for 40 years.
The writer/directors are very young (worth watching them on the extra footage) and rein themselves in for the first half of the film, which gradually builds into a terrifying roller-coaster ride. Lots of scares and moments when you will jump out of your seat. I hear Grave Encounters 2 is due for release in the US on Halloween but doubt that it will surpass the original, which I thoroughly recommend!

1.0 out of 5 stars BAD, 17 April 2014
Generic. No horror, no shocks. No characters. Too long. No resolutions. Don't bother. BAD. VERY POOR... INDEED! SERIOUSLY THOUGH!!! no

1.0 out of 5 stars Blair Witch revisited, 1 Jun 2013
This review is from: Grave Encounters [DVD] (DVD)
I endorse Mr Mushroom's comments in full. I watched this, (well, part of it) on TV last night, and as soon as the shaky hand held camera started to roll I thought "Oh no, not AGAIN!" If you are a fan of Blair Witch and Cloverfield and God knows how many others, then you'll be OK here. Personally, this technique drives me up the wall.Camera cuts in, cuts out, endless footage of wavering torchlight playing over corridor walls.Wandering here, wandering there, Effing and blinding substituting for meaningful dialogue, I could go on. In fact I will - The leader of the group shining his torch around and intoning "If there are any spirits here, make yourself known. Make a noise or something." God, I really wanted this guy to depart early in the nastiest way possible. Whether he did or not I can't say, because I switched the whole sorry thing off before I threw something heavy at the screen. That one moment of immense satisfaction would not be worth the cost of a new TV. I have come to a decision.I will NEVER buy any horror film again based on 4 + 5 star reviews. Fortunately, I didn't buy in this case, but I might have, and then I WOULD be forking out for a new TV!

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste ur money on this utter rubbish, 4 April 2013
Ive been a horror fan for a very long time and luv a good scare but this film is poor poor very poor, dreadful acting awful storyline and a total waste of 1 hour and 30 mins, horror IDE call it trash

2.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY WAIT TILL IT COMES ON TV!!, 26 Oct 2012
This review is from: Grave Encounters [DVD] (DVD)
Please do not waste your money on this, wait till it comes onto the TV as it disappoints with the scare levels and is generally quite slow and boring.

A mistake on my part buying it without looking a the negative reviews.

2.0 out of 5 stars Grave misjudgement!, 13 Oct 2012
This review is from: Grave Encounters [DVD] (DVD)
Having watched an awful lot of supernal horrors of late, i was convinced by reviews to splash out good cash and grab this dvd. Big mistake! 1.50 would have been enough! A mishmash of worn out ideas from a host of other films and not half as well done! Not the worst one i've seen as theres so much utter trash out there. Its ok to buy it don't expect too much and dont over the top for it.And its ok to watch it on your own it won't make you jump or give you nightmares either. Such a shame, as with so many other films like this one its 'what could have been' but isn't!

5.0 out of 5 stars scary stuff, 9 Aug 2012
Mrs. J. Taylor (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Grave Encounters [DVD] (DVD)
Not a great start but don't give up, you may think it is a little cheesy to start with, but trust me it gets so much better, with many twists, creepy and chilling, its a must watch.

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 8 | Next ›

Grave Encounters [DVD]
Grave Encounters [DVD] by The Viscious Brothers (DVD - 2012)
3.00