Format: DVD|Change

on 26 April 2012
Done this DVD for the first time this evening and it is brilliant!

I am a dress size 10, complete Nell McAndrews Ultimate Challenge workout 5 days a week, Mon-Fri with weekends rest..Have been for past couple years now so you'd think I'm fit..Welll, that's what I thought after doing this workout tonight!!!

I am knackered, never sweat so much. You can't get a better interval training DVD than this one.

So there are four 10 min workout sections with a warm up and cool down:

Quick 3 minute warm up - They do dynamic stretching so moving the muscules to get them warm rather than static stretching but I add my own quick static stretching at the end of theirs just because I don't feel right not stretching me legs or arms lol.

In the next sections, they do the same move for 60 seconds at a time, and do not repeat which is what I love!!

Total Body Fat Blaster - 10 minutes of star jumps, lunges, spotty dogs, jogging on the spot, high knee lifts, squats and all the horrible stuff to get your heart pumping, fat burning and bring on the major sweat lol.

Lower Body - 10 minutes focusing on strengthening your lower body so again, squats, lunges, kicks, mountain climbers, etc and generally focuses on burning fat and toning around the thighs and bum...love this section, legs were shaking afterwards and I do Nells 5 minutes squatting challenge!

Upper Body - 10 minutes working the upper body so on and off the mat here, push ups, the dreaded plank, few punches, etc.. I do have really weak small arms and this was tough but it worked so much, I was puffing and sweating..I think from doing Nell for so long, my muscules are used to the same exercises so this was a challenge.

Total Core - Final 10 minutes spent on the mat, sit ups, crunches, 'superman' and the 'dolphin' a variety of exercises to burn your tummy fat and give you major abs! Again..alot of sweating during this section.

Then the final 5 minute cool down. It's a quick say around 50 minute workout overall. It's amazing. Definitely recommend it to anyone, Throughout the workouts, the lady trainer (Simone) does the advanced exercises and the man trainer (Carl) does the exercises for beginners so this DVD is for anyone no matter what your fitness as they perform two ways to do the exercises!

They also have a 'beat the trainer' section which is broke in to four 1 minute sections, I didn't bother doing these, example: both trainers do mountain climbers for a whole minute as fast as they can and you've got to do it also. It's more like a fitness test I suppose.

The DVDs so cheap and definitly worth having with your workout collection.

Beginners make the mistake of buying such an advanced DVD and only doing it once because they couldn't complete it whereas Carl does the easy moves for you to follow and these are still challenging so you can build up to Simone and it will definitly help you burn fat and become more fit.

It's a great DVD! Buy it :)
22 comments|167 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 November 2014
My bum was aching the day after this workout .. Lol definitely works your butt.. The workout was hard and easy to follow burnt over 400 calories in 45 mins and I'm 5"1 and 10 stone .. Ill be doing this DVD once a week with my Caroline Pearce and Neil mcandrew DVDs.
on 22 June 2013
fantastic workouts short enough to fit in anywhere during the day but hard enough to really feel it the next day!
on 11 July 2012
This is a fantastic DVD, I have such a busy lifestyle that I do not have time to go to the gym. I struggle with my weight and loose interest in fitness DVD's really quickly but with this one it is fun to follow and has the beginners and advanced on screen at the same time. With the workouts onlt being 10 mins I look forward to doing them!
Highly reccommend purchasing this!
on 5 November 2014
I love this DVD, the exercises are great and I can do a bit before work in the morning before my shower. I concentrate on a different area each day. The trainers are great too, and the exercises are easy to follow. I've got other DVD's that are impossible to keep up with, so I give up. Would recommend.
on 15 June 2014
I like the DVD. Challanging, especially for such short work outs.
As with all DVD's gets a bit repetitive after doing a few times. I used to use (and got good results) 30 day shred, I now try and alternate with this DVD. Worth owning if you enjoy and have the motivation to work out at home!
on 6 August 2013
DVD is brilliant! it comes in several different sections, you can focus on burning fat, lower body conditioning, upper body conditioning and/or core conditioning. It isn't flashy, in fact it's very basic. However, I love that. No special effects flung in your face all the time. The exercises are demonstrated really well and they simultaneously demonstrate how beginners should approach certain exercises and how more advanced levels should approach them. It is thoroughly exhausting and the two of them are highly motivational and keep you going. I'm not very fit at the moment, but I intend to stick with this because it is working brilliantly. I've already lost a small amount of weight since I got this (combined with healthier eating and counting my calories). Also, I have neighbours who are directly below me - so I was a bit worried about how much noise I'd be making from jumping/ jogging etc. Luckily, the exercises I want to do, don't cause that much noise. I am very happy with this product and think it's a total bargain and would highly encourage those seeking a cheap and effective exercise dvd to BUY THIS ONE NOW. Throw your money at it! :)
on 12 January 2016
I liked this one. Nice to see the guy doing the beginner stuff and the girl getting hot and sweaty doing the advanced. The beginner exercises
are well thought out and very moderate and the workout is demanding because of the intense nature of 60 second bursts. Ten minutes is very doable and the exercises are some traditional ones with some newer twists on them. They're not too irritating either and no stupid muzak just lots of encouragement and reminders to keep safe. Good one.
on 19 June 2012
I (P's wife) have been doing 30 Day Shred for a long time now and can complete all three levels back to back but I find it pretty time consuming to do so. When I spotted 60 Second Promise I just had to buy it and boy am I glad I did. The trainers are very easy on the eye and work well together (no giggly chatter or flirting), they demonstrate (most just think you magically know what to do), the time goes buy really fast and the warm up and cool down are far better than 30 Day Shreds by a long shot. I had worked up a sweat by the end of the first section and went on to do the other three. With three kids and the summer coming up I think this is going to be my go to DVD. For the price of it I would say just go for it.
on 27 October 2014
This is hard work! Great that you get 2 instructorsfor the price of one, one doing the "easy" moves and one doing the advanced. Even the easy moves were very challenging for me. A good fun workout though. I should probably persevere with it.