‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant, possibly better than the home console version., 4 May 2012
B. C. Brown (Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mortal Kombat (PlayStation Vita) (Video Game)
I got Mortal Kombat on PS3 when the game very first came out and loved it.
The idea of getting it on Vita was appealing to me as it seems like the kind of game I could pick up and play in short bursts quite happily. (on the train and such)

The Vita version of Mortal Kombat it absolutely fantastic.
I've hardly stopped playing it all day.

Almost every single element of the original game is in tact for the portable version.
The entire story mode, the challenge tower, the unlockable costumes, fatalities and concept art...

There are even some new features added specifically for the Vita, such as touch-screen gestures for Fatalities which some people may find easier to memorise, though if you dont want to use them you dont even need to acknowledge that function is there.
There are also quite a lot of new Vita based minigames added in a separate challenge tower, and there are some really VERY fun ideas in there.

Obviously the graphics had to be downgraded in order for the game to fit on the Vita, and though they aren't quite as nice as in some of the other Vita games, the game does look very nice and though the models are less detailed the animations and attention to detail has not been sacrificed at all.
Every movement and piece of gore is just as wonderful as in the home console version, even the animated backgrounds are fully intact.

The game runs incredibly smoothly, which can be very important for a game of this genre, and the loading times are absolutely phenomenal.
They could easily be better than the home console version.

The online multiplayer has been simplified quite a bit, but still runs very smoothly and works very well.
It would be nice to see it refined and made a little more similar to the console counterpart in patches, but the current state is more than enough and does a perfectly good job of getting you in to matches quickly and keeping track of your information.

If you played Mortal Kombat on PS3 or 360 and want to get a portable version, you will not be disappointed by the conversion done here.

If you never bought the game before, I can highly recommend it to anybody that has played a previous Mortal Kombat game and enjoyed it, or just anybody with even the most fleeting of interests in fighting games.

So long as you are not intent on having the best possible graphics, I would even recommend the Vita version over that of the home console, as it comes with all of the DLC included as well as a substantial amount of content you will not be finding anywhere else.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game, 24 May 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Mortal Kombat (PlayStation Vita) (Video Game)
To echo a previous reviewer, I'm not actually that into fighting games (ironically the last beat em up I properly enjoyed was MKII on the Amiga) but this has me hooked.

I was initially worried that I'd buy it and enjoy it for a little while, but ultimately end up leaving it to gather dust on the shelf... not so. I've hardly removed the card from my Vita since I got it soon after launch and am astounded by the amount there is to do on there. I'm not even half way through the story or either of the challenge towers and I'm doubtful I'll ever gain mastery of even one fighter, let alone all of them! (Admittedly, this slow progress MIGHT be because I'm a bit useless at fighters on account of my general ambivalence towards them...)

Obviously the amount of stuff there is to do would mean squat if it wasn't any fun, but this ticks all the right boxes there too. The gameplay is fast and fluid and, while not requiring any great skill to enjoy, is extremely deep and clearly needs a lot of work to fully master.

All in all, this was 30 VERY well spent and I would recommend it to anyone... unless they're squeamish!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game, 31 Mar 2013
This review is from: Mortal Kombat (PlayStation Vita) (Video Game)
One of the best games i have played on my vita, the graphics may not be of the standards of the ps3/360 but the gameplay is very much the same and is great fun to play

4.0 out of 5 stars mortal kombat, 22 Nov 2012
Mr. S. Hudson - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mortal Kombat (PlayStation Vita) (Video Game)
Gameplay is really good and responsive and plays just as well as the console versions.If you like mortal kombat then you wont be disappointed with this version.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loads of fun!, 5 Nov 2012
J. Murdoch (London, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Mortal Kombat (PlayStation Vita) (Video Game)
I got my PS VIta as a gift. I'm an iOS nerd and was initially disappointed as games cost more than, you know, 69p. (I'm so spoilt by the app economy on the iPhone and iPad)

Mortal Kombat is so much fun! I have it on easy mode. It's amazing; I love fighting and killing. It's not surprising that it has an '18' rating - even though it's fantasy/cartoon voilence, it's not suitable for little ones!

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY THIS GAME!, 12 May 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Mortal Kombat (PlayStation Vita) (Video Game)
I cannot fault this game in anyway, as mentioned by another user this is better than the console version! I have not been able to put my Vita down since purchasing this game!

5.0 out of 5 stars MK, 24 Mar 2014
This review is from: Mortal Kombat (PlayStation Vita) (Video Game)
Very good graphics and a good selection of characters to play against! Overall a decent game to keep you entertained

5.0 out of 5 stars good game, 13 Feb 2014
This review is from: Mortal Kombat (PlayStation Vita) (Video Game)
good game, just like the console version, the cut scenes are exactly like the console version, great game, a must buy

4.0 out of 5 stars Very, very good, 5 Feb 2014
This review is from: Mortal Kombat (PlayStation Vita) (Video Game)
A great experience on the Vita and one of my favourite games to play.

Reminds me of the old Mortal Kombat games and had hours of fun since I bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars keep on playing, 3 Feb 2014
This review is from: Mortal Kombat (PlayStation Vita) (Video Game)
brought as a gift for a playstation vita fan very competively priced this game has been played for many hours

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xaa1baf9c)

Mortal Kombat (PlayStation Vita)
Mortal Kombat (PlayStation Vita) by Warner Bros. Interactive (PlayStation Vita)
13.85