5.0 out of 5 stars You don't know what you're missing out on..
Published on 22 Sept. 2012 by Finn94

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
good product prompt delivery .many thanks .5 star
Published 7 months ago by keith.urmston

5.0 out of 5 stars You don't know what you're missing out on.., 22 Sept. 2012
This review is from: DSS2 Dolby Processor - CAN/EU (Accessory)
As a casual gamer, the thought of buying a dedicated sound processor seemed a bit overkill for the amount of games that I play, but I thought I'd give it a go and see what all the hype was. As the website suggests, this device is usable with any stereo headset. As I don't own a pair of TurtleBeach headsets, I used a pair of Beats by Dre Studio headsets instead. Setting up was very easy, everything was included and after a few minutes I was ready. It did take an hour or two to adjust fully to it, but after that, WOW! You honestly don't realise what you miss out on in games or movies. Tested it on Bioshock and was amazed that I could hear talking, breathing and footsteps coming from around me and behind me. To the point where I would spin round to find a splicer stalking me or the rumble of an automated turret emerging from somewhere obscure. In COD Black Ops, I could hear people's footsteps and guns a good few seconds before I was able to see them. Pinpointing enemies is easy with this device, I could literally hear other people around corners! Its already helping my KD! It's also easy to set up for movies and music and they sound great too, but I think the device sparkles truly when in game! The customisable angles and equaliser, help you find your favourite set up, although there is no way to tell which setting you're on. That is my only gripe with this device. The extra 2 inputs for mp3 players/IPods is also a nice touch for when you just want to run riot casually but wanna listen to your music at the same time! If you're looking for an extra edge in gameplay, and if you want to experience another dimension of gaming, this product is for you! Delivery was fast, great seller! Highly recommend this device, not only for gaming but for movies and music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Thumbs up, 6 July 2012
This review is from: DSS2 Dolby Processor - CAN/EU (Accessory)
OMG! I was a little Skeptical about how well this product would actually work but as I broke my leg and had far to much time on my hands, I thought I might as well see how they fared. . . . I use them with my (turtle beach x11) and the difference is amazing giving you not only a surround sound experience, but a generally better sound depth.
This product is excellent for anyone who wants to upgrade there old head sets and not fork out for a completely new set at nearly twice the cost.
BIG Thumbs up!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 1 Oct. 2014
This review is from: DSS2 Dolby Processor - CAN/EU (Accessory)
Great product makes a huge difference with surround sound and it makes the whole quality of the headphones better. I have turtle beach X12's which are fairly average but they sound great with this. Fairly pricey so if you want to spend money on gaming and have a headset. Get other gaming things you need and then come back to this.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, 16 Mar. 2015
This review is from: DSS2 Dolby Processor - CAN/EU (Accessory)
The reason I bought this was that both my digital audio jacks snapped due to repeated tension of the headphone cable and the CIT Vantage X11 ATX Casing had poorly designed digital 3.5mm slot supports underneath the surface which are no longer usable. I certainly didn't want to go back to analog sound where I could plug in my headphones back into a speaker slot at the back of the tower and this wouls also mean less cable length to move my head around with my headphones on.

I bought this Dolby Processor and it does exactly what I wanted it to do. I used the digital optical (TOSLink) connection method which was provided and I am enjoying the digital sound output and there is no longer any cable length shortage as the Dolby extends the cable length meaning I can move around more freely while wearing my headphones unlike before.

I'm happy to have bought this and the price is reasonable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good addition to a multiplayer console gamers kit, 6 April 2013
This review is from: DSS2 Dolby Processor - CAN/EU (Accessory)
I'm very happy with this little box which I am using in conjunction with my Turtle Beach PX21s (which I'm not so happy with, another review but the same issues with one of the speakers starting to die).

The emulated surround is very noticeable compared to the natural stereo of console headsets, but you have got to remember to set your game to output Dolby 5.1 or you wont have any sound, This caused me an issue as for ages I could not figure out why Datura and Uncharted had no sound. It has been awesome playing Battlefield 3 and being able to turn round and stop someone sneaking up behind you. The surround feels very natural, it might aswell be a full surround headset which actually has multiple speakers.

The other features are token but still good quality, the equaliser has only presets but the presets are good and there is a wide range of them. In context of my Battlefield 3 gaming you can cheat a little and use a preset with very high treble which allows you to hear footsteps very clearly over the booming explosions of the battlefield. Also, one great addition is the input jack for your mp3 player or phone, this really only benefits PS3 players as we don't have the ability to play music on the console while playing a game.

One note to make is, when setting up, after your done faffing with the bunch of wires (which Turtle Beach love and is very annoying, thank good the cables are long so you can tuck them out the way) and are doing up the sound settings on a Ps3 ignore the frequency it tells you to use and use the one with more channels, as i had issues with using online chat being incredibly quiet when going through the DSS 2 but this fixed the issue

People might be a bit put off that this small, not particularly stylish looking, box costs around £60. But when you compare the good quality surround experience (what you are paying for here is the well designed inards which turn a 5.1 input into a stereo output which emulates what it would sound like with 5 speakers) with a lot lot more expensive full surround headset it is a definite budget option, also these surround headsets are mainly output only and don't have mics for online gaming. So if you don't need chat and are an audiophile who wants barely noticeable increase in sound quality go for a dedicated headset, but for the average gamer on console this is a much cheaper option just maybe don't get Turtle Beach PX21s with it because the speakers are prone to breaking.

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressive, 11 Nov. 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: DSS2 Dolby Processor - CAN/EU (Accessory)
This unit produces fairly realistic surround sound, I have found it works particularly well with BF3. However do not expect to get surround sound like that of an actual surround sound speaker system. The unit itself is incredibly small and light so can easily fit anywhere, you can even leave it hanging from the wires if you want. The product is supplied with a male USB-male USB Mini cable to power the unit, and a male headphone jack cable to plug into any audio device such as an MP3 player, phone, laptop or radio. Your headset's headphone jack and USB plug directly into the opposite side of the unit.

Overall this is a nice edition to your TB headset and I would reccomend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I wouldn't play any other way now I've experienced one of these., 27 Dec. 2012
R. Gould - See all my reviews
This review is from: DSS2 Dolby Processor - CAN/EU (Accessory)
I've always played my consoles with a surround sound system which stopped when I got a new TV and wasn't allowed to have it in my game room where my set up is.
Naturally, I wanted to play my Xbox 360 on the new LED TV but as we all know,the sound from these thin sets is not the best and my Fiancee doesn't want surround sound speakers in the living room. I bought a Turtle Beach X12 head set, the first I've had for gaming and I was impressed by how good they sounded as they were but had a card insert advertising one of these DSS2 and couldn't really inagine it would make much difference to the sound of my headset but it played on my mind for a few weeks. I searched online for the cheapest price I could find and found Zavvi had it for £55 and bought it, I'm so pleased I did.
It really does sound like 5.1 surround sound when your playing your games,very smooth 360 degree rotation of sound and supurb sound with my headset, I cant see myself playing games any other way from now on.
It works with an optical cable from the console directly into the DSS2 and then you plug your headset in to the DSS2 and to me, this seems pretty future proof as Im sure the future gen consoles will have an optical out.

I recommend this product from my enhanced experience

5.0 out of 5 stars Playing games on my PS4 using this device and a good set of headphones gives 10x better sound than my ..., 24 Nov. 2014
This review is from: DSS2 Dolby Processor - CAN/EU (Accessory)
I mainly use it for games & Movies, on a night time so that i don't disturb the family. For just short of £30 i wasn't expecting much, but i have to say i have been very impressed. Playing games on my PS4 using this device and a good set of headphones gives 10x better sound than my external tv soundbar, as you can hear people / creatures moving around including when they are behind you and the game just feels a lot more atmospheric.

For movies, i've not really tested many yet, but the ones i have sounded superb.

I'm quite fussy about sound, so for this to impress me it takes a lot, so can highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars I haven't had any problems and the sarround is really good (once you find your preferred settings on the pre-sets), 29 Mar. 2015
This review is from: DSS2 Dolby Processor - CAN/EU (Accessory)
Was going to go with the Astro Mixamp.... After a weeks of checking out many forum posts, reviews, youtube reviews....etc, i decided to save myself some hastle, as well as some money, and purchased the DSS2. I've got this hooked up to my Xbox One, Superlux hd668b's and a Sony ecmcs3 mic.... I haven't had any problems and the sarround is really good (once you find your preferred settings on the pre-sets). Another benefit from this setup.... Microsoft's controller adapter doesn't currently support mic monitoring.... with the open headphones it doesn't matter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, 18 May 2012
This review is from: DSS2 Dolby Processor - CAN/EU (Accessory)
I purchanced this last week. It arrived very quickly. I have Turtle Beach X11s and in my opinion these do help and the surround sound does work. When using them with say Call of Duty you can tell the direction of the sound alot easier and accurately. I think that being able to plug in an extra device such as an iPod is great, i love listening to my music in the background of the game effects without it coming through your mic. Great Purchace and in my opinion is worth the money if you dont have a Dss at all but to replace a Dss i dont think it would be.

DSS2 Dolby Processor - CAN/EU
DSS2 Dolby Processor - CAN/EU by Turtle Beach (Mac OS X, PlayStation 3, Windows Vista / XP, Xbox 360)