5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic scale, now even better with improved setup!
I bought the Fitbit Aria to track my weight and keep my progress updated easily. It seemed like the ideal choice as I already use the wonderful Fitbit tracker.

Out of the box, the scale looks terrific. It's very attractive and has a clear display.

I followed the instructions and began to setup the scale, sadly this is where I had some problems. Using...
Published 22 months ago by Danielle

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work well with Stones and lbs
Very disappointed with the scales and if you want to weigh your self in stones and lbs then it's anybody's guess into how much you weigh.

Example:

The Aria scales display 12 stone 5 lbs
The iPhone App says you are 12 stone 6 lbs
The Fitbit dashboard says you are both 12 stone 6.1 lbs and 12 stone 5.6 lbs

So you have 4 weights to...
Published 5 months ago by Philip N

‹ Previous | 1 2 326 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome !, 15 May 2014
I love my Aria .!!
Quick and easy setup ... great companion for my fitbit.
Awesome material a true jewellery and way ahead from the other wifi scales.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great bit of kit. Easy setup if you know how., 13 May 2014
This review is from: Fitbit Aria Wi-Fi Smart Scale (Sports)
Purchased this from John Lewis (simply due to postage time - same price otherwise). The setup was easy and straight forward. I used the iPhone app to guide me through the setup which then launched a setup page in Safari on the iPhone. Simply pull the battery tab out and it'll turn on. I ignored the step to 'take one battery out and insert it to start setup mode' as mine remained in setup mode from the very beginning. Let it search for your wifi. Connect to the scale wifi briefly, go back to the webpage, select your personal wifi, enter any passwords. Then reconnect to your wifi and you're good to go.

Follow the instruction carefully and it goes swimmingly. Guess your way through setup and you may have issues.
Lovely bit of kit.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very useful addition!, 31 Mar 2014
I absolutely love this scale! I've been trying to lose weight for a long time and generally get healthier. I recently picked up a fitbit flex on a whim at an airport electronics shop and realised that it opened my eyes to what I was doing right and wrong. That's what made me go the step further and invest in the Aria.

The Aria is very simple to set up (I didn't have the same wireless issues that seem to affect some other users) and now my daily routine involves stepping on the scales every morning for 10 seconds before I get dressed. Feedback from the scales is clear as to weight and % body fat and, within a couple of seconds the data is in the app on my phone too. It's very interesting to see the imact the foods I had the day before have on my weight / % fat and that really helps to get things under control.

I can't say how useful this is for atheletes or the like but, for me, the Aria and flex (and app) have already helped me lose 4kg which I was having a terrible time getting rid of before. Clearly it's the extra visibility and added motivation, in a very unobtrusive package, and not some weight loss magic but I think they're both already paying for themselves. Just remember.. requires willpower! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple to set up and straightforward to use, 22 Mar 2014
This review is from: Fitbit Aria Wi-Fi Smart Scale (Sports)
Pleased with this purchase. Scales are simple to set up if you follow the instructions, and then seem to work fine. The weight measured seems stable and exactly the same as two other sets of scales. The wifi reliably links the router (BT Home Hub 4) downstairs at the front of the house to the scales in the bathroom upstairs at the back of the house. I am baffled by some of the problems a few people report here - needing to change router settings, or getting variable and inaccurate weights etc. - I had no issues. The setup and then the reliability once set up seem fine for me. Once working and linked to a Fitbit account, it is also great to start getting emails resulting from a weighing on your bathroom scales that reward you with certificates as you lose weight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product within the Fitbit range, 22 Mar 2014
I needed something very simple to use so you are tempted to use it regularly for tracking. It is exactly that. It seems consistent and reliable, consistently does the wireless upload, and using Fitbit Premium with it means that you can really see the link between eating, exercise and weight.

3.0 out of 5 stars Buggy setup and unclear instructions, 16 Mar 2014
K. Sangwell (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
It initially joined the wifi network but then wouldnt sync. I wanted to reset it to start again but couldnt find anything telling me how to do this on the Fitbit website. I kept getting the "Tap to Change" after removing the battery - I eventually found instructions on Fitbits website saying that you need to press both the bottom left and right corners when this message shows and that puts the scale back into setup mode. I then used the mobile instructions which worked.

After it connected to the wifi network it kept stating "No Sync", but this fixed itself after a few weighings and it now syncs with my account.

I invited other members of the household to register with the scale via the Fitbit website, but its not syncing their weight with their Fitbit account - they get synced to my account and I have to manually assign them to those users via the Fitbit website.

Again, the fitbit instructions are too basic - I don't know whether this is the correct thing to do. I'm *guessing* that after a few weighings and manually assigning these to each user, the scale will automatically recognize the person and sync the weight to their account not mine.

Summary: when you get it working its pretty good.

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh, 19 Feb 2014
This review is from: Fitbit Aria Wi-Fi Smart Scale (Sports)
For the price I'd like it to do the dishes and make me breakfast in bed but sadly it doesn't. It also doesn't do much else to impress me either. Yes it tells me my weight and syncs with my phone and iPad etc without me having to manually do anything, but it doesn't give me consistent readings. I can step on 3 times in a row and get 3 different weight readings and 3 different body mass readings. Bit annoying when you are obsessed with those dreaded numbers like I am as half a pound can make or break your day so not knowing how accurate your reading is can be a nightmare. Shame as I was hoping this scale would be far superior to my others being as it cost 90 more than my others that seem to be more accurate.

4.0 out of 5 stars incredibly easy to set up, reliable, addictive, 18 Jan 2014
This review is from: Fitbit Aria Wi-Fi Smart Scale (Sports)
I had absolutely no problem setting it up to work with my home wifi network.
I'm happy with it. The fat percentage disagrees significantly with my other scales but I don't know which is correct.
The measurements seem to be fairly consistent.
It is quite addictive tracking weight change on the fitbit website and weighing myself first thing in the morning has become a routine.
It's rather expensive for scales, but there you go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great scales for any Fitbit user, 12 Jan 2014
This review is from: Fitbit Aria Wi-Fi Smart Scale (Sports)
These scales are a great addition to you other Fitbit devices. The scales are relatively easy to connect to your own WiFi. Once connected your weight is automatically uploaded to your Fitbit profile. You can also have multiple users of the scales which is great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for quantified self-stuff, 12 Jan 2014
Benjamin J. Hoyle "Ben" (Bath, UK) - See all my reviews
Just about to get into the API for this. Fitbit's support, community and execution is much better than its competitors.

‹ Previous | 1 2 326 | Next ›