5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant sound. Great quality build. Hi tech cool retro.
Published on 21 Dec. 2012 by Paul Mancktelow

3.0 out of 5 stars DAB/WiFi Radio
Published 15 months ago by Anita B

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant sound. Great quality build. Hi tech cool retro., 21 Dec. 2012
This review is from: View Quest RETROWF-BK/G Retro Internet Radio with iPhone and iPod Speaker (Wifi, DAB, DAB+ and FM) - Black/Grey (Electronics)
The dock for iPhone/iPod can be pushed in and hidden when you don't need it. It charges and plays your ipod tunes. Worldwide crystal clear DAB radio. Connects to wifi. Easy to set up: just pop in the wifi password once and its done. Nice clock alarm. Quality build. It has some weight to it, which i'm told is a sign of quality. Looks great too. Like the black leather-type material which goes all around it. We have one in our kitchen and one in the bedroom. Sound is excellent and plays quite loud without distortion. You can even pop batteries in it and use it down the bottom of the garden! Best dock I've had.

3.0 out of 5 stars DAB/WiFi Radio, 6 Feb. 2014
This radio looks good and the DAB function works perfectly, however, it will not connect to our Sky WiFi, which somewhat defeats the object of buying this radio in the first place! Our WiFi signal is good, we have several tablets, laptops and phones connected via our WiFi in the house, we have never encountered any connection problems before. However, this radio will not connect. We bought it because some of the stations we had enjoyed listening to have gone from DAB and are only available through the internet. I e -mailed the seller shortly after purchase, who was rather unhelpful and could only suggest our WiFi signal was not strong enough! Obviously, I could have returned it, but decided to keep it as the DAB sound is good - just one small point though which may put some people off - the 'low' volume is actually quite loud, it is impossible to turn this radio down to play really quietly! The iPod dock is a really useful function and plays with good sound quality. I only give this radio 3 stars because it doesn't fully 'do what it says on the tin', however the looks and the sound quality are good. I also would have appreciated better feedback from the seller.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor qulaity, slow startup and faulty, 12 Jun. 2014
G. Chaplin - See all my reviews
I'm trying to return this radio after about a month of use as it has numerous issues. The ipod/iphone dock has a charging issue where it intermittently stops and starts causing the ipod to 'beep' regularly. The DAB radio is dreadful and can hardly pick up a signal in a location where other DAB radios have no problem at all. The 'system' is also software based, so if switched off at the wall can then take a minute or so to 'boot up', then you have to manually select the mode it was previously on. Other thank that it looks nice and the sound is OK, but I'm guessing there are better options out there.

2.0 out of 5 stars OK, but really hard to use, 17 Jun. 2014
The user interface is terrible... Programming is via 6 buttons and a rotary control which makes connecting to WiFi a painfully slow exercise. To make it harder still the viewing angle on the tiny LCD is poor so you have to hold the device at an uncomfortable angle to see what you are doing.

That said, the sound quality is OK and the device looks good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 30 May 2012
J. L. Orme "Blonde" (uk) - See all my reviews
I spent a long time looking for a stylish radio - then I came across this lovely product. As an added bonus it has a docking station unlike many of the other 'Retro' style radios. Its really easy to use and I love that I can now listen to radios stations from around the globe using the Wifi setting.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK, good features but bass light, 25 Oct. 2014
R. Williams "socon32" (UK) - See all my reviews
I do like the look of this radio and the build quality looks and feels good. There is good weight to the radio as well. It connects well to my sky broadband so do not be put off by the earlier review. However, it did lose the connection once which I sorted by going into the settings and selecting my router. Luckily I did not have to enter my password again as it was already saved in the radio.

The sound is bass light but clear and crisp. I am am slightly disappointing with the sound due to the lack of bass and also because there is no headphone output. Had there been, I would have fed the sound through a cable into my bose system (to get more bass).

The ipod dock works well but will not work with older ipods (4th gen I think) because they are too fat to go in the socket.

Internet radio is good. I have no problem in understanding the menus for this and there is a fantastic choice of stations and music types.

Bought it for internet radio so have not really tried DAB, FM or aux input.

Overall it is a acceptable for the amount I paid. Ref sound quality, my Roberts and Bush Retro DAB Radio - Cream have better sound but no wi-fi.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do Not Buy This Radio If you Want To Listen To The Internet, 19 Jan. 2015
W. Hedinger "TodH" (Lot & Garonne, France) - See all my reviews
I don't quite hate it, the sound is very good, especially for the price.

BUT - Under no circumstances buy this radio if you want internet radio. I didn't read either the blurb or the reviews carefully enough. Mea culpa, caveat emptor.

There is no remote. This is an ABSOLUTELY FUNDAMENTAL REQUIREMENT for an internet radio and both the remote and the radio must have presets. THIS RADIO DOES NOT HAVE PRESETS FOR INTERNET STATIONS. This makes it essentially useless.

I don't have an ipod and I live in France where there is no DAB (the French think it is very old tech) and quite frankly French FM radio is pretty hopeless.

So if you live in the UK I suppose this is a pretty good radio if you listen to DAB and FM. But quite frankly there are thousands of radios that perform well there. I have a very nice PURE Dab radio which unfortunately is no good to me out here and which I would recommend above the View Quest.

1.0 out of 5 stars A nightmare to use, 31 Mar. 2014
The menu is slow, the volume can't be turned down low, the last played DAB station needs to be reselected when switched on from standby.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, 28 Dec. 2014
Not impressed by this. There was no bottom end and it sounded quite tinny. You only seem to be able to set presets for FM station's not DAB or internet. Also, the volume control was not on an analogue scale, so it went up in jumps, and even the lowest setting was loud enough to disturb people in other rooms in my house.

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, great sound, DAB not working, 19 April 2014
Fantastic looking with a surprisingly big sound. The wifi element is great, being able to listen to all Internet radio stations but so much choice. I am having some difficulty with the DAB radio but I need to look into this further to see if I'm doing something wrong. One issue im having is that the system freezes and resets the time. If this keeps happening i will contact the supplier the supplier. But all in all, very pleased.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›