5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent monitor, highly recommended
Let's keep this short and to the point:
1. No HDMI cable provided - just buy one for <£2, if that's what you need; don't gripe when you don't find one in the box - it's clear from the description it only comes with a D-SUB or standard VGA cable (the blue-ended one.)
Published on 29 Dec. 2012 by Jon

3.0 out of 5 stars Great Monitors
I purchased 2 of these to setup my home-office.

They are great and perfect for work.

Unfortunately, they are not wall-mountable and as such need to be left on the desk.

Other than this word of caution they are more than fine for money and perfectly suited for desktop applicionations.
Published on 12 Nov. 2012 by Amazonian

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent monitor, highly recommended, 29 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Samsung S24B300HL 23.6 inch Widescreen LED Monitor - Gloss Black (1920 x 1080 Full HD, 5ms, HDMI/VGA) (Accessory)
Let's keep this short and to the point:
2. It's a great screen, as you'd expect from Samsung - crisp image/text, vivid colours, and all adjustable to your specific needs. The specs say it all - read them carefully.
3. YES, the screen tilts on the stand (with some persuasion, I grant), it's firm and doesn't wobble (so long as you securely screw it together, or unless you punch the keyboard when typing) and actually looks rather neat - it's gloss too, by the way, to match the 'frame' of the screen.
4. Warranty is 2 years (correct at time of writing), more details on Samsung's website.
5. Ensure your graphics card is a good quality one, and the drivers are up to date, as this can make a huge difference to the screen's resolution. The monitor works in tandem with your computer's graphics card, if the card is sub-standard (or if you're using an 'on-board' chip and no card at all) then you could have a £3000 monitor and will be disappointed if the card doesn't support 1920 x 1080. (If all this is gibberish to you, go do some research and save yourself some time and disappointment.)
6. I typically expect a monitor like this to last me at least 5 years, so why fret about a few extra pounds? Buy a quality screen for your enjoyment over that time. If you write off any extra cost over the same period it's negligible and therefore total false economy!
7. Only real drawback is the external power supply unit, if this goes wrong (and it's the most likely component to do so) then it can be relatively costly to replace. (Some may also feel that the lack of an integrated cable tidy at the back of the stand also a drawback.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Monitor!!!, 29 Aug. 2012
Got this monitor to use as a external monitor for my macbook pro, and its amazing! Delivery was super fast as it said! And the Monitor its self is great quality and stunning picture, great for gaming, pictures and for surfing the web because the text is so clear and no blur as you find on some other monitors, before i purchased some reviews said the stand which came with the monitor wobbled, i have not noticed this to me it feels well built and sturdy. Great Purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Brilliant Screen, 4 Sept. 2012
Firstly, I'd like to state that I chose this monitor over the Acer monitor as I read that the Samsung screen has better colour quality (and it was £5 cheaper at the time).

This screen is amazing. I upgraded from a 19" non HD monitor and I can seriously see the difference. The colour is extremely sharp, crisp and crystal clear and the size and resolution is great too. I never knew how hazy my previous screen looked before the Samsung screen and I was stunned the first time I saw it. The monitor is also impressively thin, which is great. Looks great too. Overall... GREAT.

It's a must buy if you're looking for a HD monitor this size in this price range, easy choice.

P.S. I'm using a VGA cable but that has the exact same effect has a HD cable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear, Slick and Simple., 10 May 2012
Bought this while it was a deal of the week, for cheaper than it is now, having said that, I would still have paid full price!
The monitor is simple to set up, supplied with a VGA cable for monitors. Quite literally plug in and go!
I now have a dual monitor set up, and I love it!

A piece of advice though, it does not include any sort of HDMI cable! You will need to buy that separately!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent monitor, 17 May 2012
I love this monitor. I was a bit worried when I bought it as there were no reviews at the time so I was buying blind so to speak. I already have a Samsung flat screen tv and love it so I took the plunge and bought this. I have to say it is an AWESOME screen. I couldn't be happier. The picture quality is sooooo clear. In fact when I have my laptop open in front of this screen the lap top screen looks really poor, and yet for years I was very happy with the laptop.

There is no HDMI cable it is true, but amazon do offer a free "AmazonBasics HDMI to DVI Adapter Cable" with this monitor. If you look underneath the picture of the monitor at the top of the page next to "Special Offers and Product Promotions" it explains what to do. So I could use this with my graphics card which dosn't support HDMI but has a DVI slot.

Buy it, you won't be disappointed!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars S24B300H DOES tilt!!, 29 Jun. 2012
I just wanted to clarify that the S24B300H DOES tilt, however, a little bit of force is required. I also had a problem when trying to tilt in the beginning until I saw this video,[...] (stand on this model is the same).

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant with a Macbook Pro, 23 Aug. 2012
Got it for my macbook pro and it is amazing, works perfectly and looks beautiful. very fast shipment got it in 2 days with free super saver.

HOWEVER!
one bit of advice if you are going to use with a macbook pro, i got it with a cable that went straight from mini display to hdmi and this wouldnt allow me to run it in full HD only 720p which looked horrible and zoomed in (I'm a tech person, i tried several methods to get it to work). Now i have a mini display to hdmi converter (£10 amazon) and a HDMI cable (£3 amazon) and it works perfectly in beautiful 1080p. No idea why this problem exists but ive read of other people having this issue so just a heads up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just perfect, 18 Oct. 2012
It's a rare thing, opening up a new piece of tech and being blown away. This monitor did that. I was completely unprepared for the sleekness of the monitor, somehow the pictures don't do it justice, the back alone is just beautiful.

Everything slots together easily and quickly and the plugs are self explanatory. I had it up and running out of the box in less than five minutes. It also comes with a VGA cable.

The picture is wonderful, crisp and bright and has an impressive viewing angle. There is also a rather clever feature called MagicAngle that lets you alter the viewing angle, so for example you can lie in bed without tilting the screen dangerously far forwards. There are also other features such as an eco mode and quick colour presets that I don't think I'll use, but it's nice to know they're there.

I see reviews claiming it doesn't tilt. It does. You get a lot more tilt backwards than forwards, but if you want it further forwards I'd suggest using the MagicAngle feature anyway. Another complaint I've seen is that the on/off button is hard to find. There are indiscreet decals on the front indicating where it is, and once you've found it you know where it is in future. I personally quite like the soft touch buttons, they are more responsive than others I have seen.

I bought this screen as a reasonably low cost 1080p screen for my new gaming computer. It fills this role perfectly. I could not ask or want more from it and I highly recommend it.

I think I'm in love.

-DannySpud

~~~ A word on delivery and customer service ~~~

I had a problem with the delivery of this monitor. It didn't arrive on the day it was supposed to and when I checked the tracking info it said it had been delivered when it hadn't. Phoned up Amazon who were very helpful and said they'd track it down for me, and if I didn't hear anything in two business days then I should contact them again. Didn't hear anything so I contacted them again. They sent a new one out on next day delivery free of charge.
This is the sort of amazing customer service that makes me a loyal Amazon customer. Even when the Amazon price costs slightly more than somewhere else I will still stick with Amazon for the security that they give me in those rare cases like this. I just wanted to thank Amazon, and make sure others were aware of the level of customer service Amazon provides.

HDNL/Yodel are useless however. No card or anything, and I was in at the time they said they delivered, they definitely didn't knock. I was thinking about getting Amazon Prime when the Kindle Lending Library goes live, but I never want to deal with HDNL/Yodel again.

5.0 out of 5 stars ANOTHER STERLING PERFORMANCE, 25 Nov. 2012
Bought as an upgrade for a second monitor. I had origionaly bought a Samsung 23.6" monitor (Via Amazon) at the beginning of the year, more than happy with the performance of the monitor and service of Amazon and due to an "unforseen accident" with a second, smaller monitor damaging the screen .... this meant the "Wife" had no reasonable objection to me buying a second!

Discovering the previous Samsug was no longer available, the Amazon link recomended this as a replacement/upgrade. "Clickty-Click" and the Monitor was here as Advertised well within the delivery window, well packaged and working out of the box within 40 seconds!

As expected; quality product, all power leads (including a USA lead), all documents required. No cosmetic damage, all pixles working, still with sticky shrink-wrap protective covering over the screen and gloss back bodywork.

Unlike the previous monitor version, the base stand is now able to tilt forwards and backwards and is not "stuck" at a certain viewing angle. A great monitor for gaming (EVE, WOW etc etc all in high res, full screen with no latency or persistance of vision) in the circa. £100 price range.

Parked on the desk, next to the other "Identical" monitor, (apart from the Samsung model number on the plastic body in small, unobtrusive letterings), makes a rather swish looking multi-monitor setup!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely perfect as a simple PC monitor, 4 Oct. 2012
If you are looking for a monitor that delivers great colours and sharpness, then this S22B300 would be one for the shortlist. It does have an HDMI input but I don't use it and I find VGA absolutely fine (gasp!). Having said that, I am not a "Gamer", but it still has a 5ms refresh rate which should be good enough for anyone.

Brilliant for web browsing, the monitor has a "magic angle" feature to make really quite dramatic variations to suit your viewing position. It also takes up no room at all on the desk and I reckon I could've gone for a 24", as it is not too overpowering size-wise.

Totally recommended at a reasonable price of around £100 delivered.