Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

on 16 July 2012
PROS:
The monitor was light and classy in appearance. Easy to install though you have to make note of the Model from the box as nothing on the paper documents came with it.
Colours quite good though I adjusted the brightness to 68% as its is too bright to my liking on the default settings. Menu is easy to navigate and adjust to your specs.

CONS:
My only criticism on this monitor is the...
a) No VESA MOUNT as one reviewer note.
b) the Base Fulcrum (joint) Its just too loose it cannot hold any position between LEAN BACK and FORWARD. It pains me because I cannot adjust it to a better viewing angle.
The "SAMSUNG MAGIC ANGLE" Facility helps in this respect as it adjusted the pictures and the text conforming the angle you wanted. Mine as I position my monitor on the Laid back position I opted for the "LEAN BACK MODE 1". If the fulcrum is a little tighter then I give this monitor a 5 star rating but because of this flaw on the design I give it a 3*. My LOGITECH camera perched on top of the monitor flew several times when I am reaching something at the back of it as it just drooped forward too easily.
c) It came with a VGA not DVI? Not much difference but I prefer DVI as its the only output on my graphics card (no VGA), I have a converter though. Again, for a £2.50 cable they could have included it on the pack.
on 13 August 2012
Very nice screen. I'm glad the slight red tint around the edge of the gloss black plastic that surrounds the screen is not as noticeable as i thought it was going to be.

The power light for the monitor is red which scared me at first because i though it was an indication of something being wrong with it.

It tilts OK and was very easy to put together. I had not noticed from the pictures that the neck of the stand is clear and not gloss black. But its pretty stylish anyway.

I found the color depth was not quite as rich as my Samsung S24B300HL which i bought from amazon a month ago for the same price. I had to adjust the red up to 67 and blue up to 58 to match.

The power lead could do with being a touch longer but it just about reaches for me. Not a lot of slack though.
on 31 October 2012
The reviews on this page are supposed to be in respect of the 21.5 inch model, but it appears that all are directed to the 24 inch monitor. Why does Amazon keep doing this - potentially misleading us all, and at best being totally unhelpful? I have not yet purchased the 21.5 inch monitor, as I am trying to find some relevant reviews, but in order to enter these comments I have given the monitor just an average number of stars, which may be worse or better than it deserves.
on 2 August 2012
24inch LED Widescreen Samsung Monitor - I did not want a 'big' screen but could not find a 'normal' sixed screen. However, when I unpacked it and connected it my husband, standing behind me, said - I can read it from here!! I should say it was very easy to set up and use and now I am so pleased with it - I can display 4 pages of a document that I am producing and being flat it takes up nop more space on my desk than the snaller screen. I would have no hesitation in recommending this to others! I needed a new monitor as my other just gave up. I ordered it in the evening and it was delivered the next day!
on 25 June 2012
This is a lovely, light and vibrant screen. So far I've been very impressed, and it was such a bargain too.
on 13 July 2012
Ordered from Amazon and arrived within three working days. Great! Opened it up and set it up after having a quick glance at the info it came with. Didn't install the Samsung Software that came with it, as I already have Software installed for a Samsung 22" I recently bought. Worked perfectly well after having to turn it off and turn it on again, to get rid of the 'Check Connection' that came flashing on the dead screen. Then worked like a charm, with it being recognised and even set to the correct resolution without me changing it.

The base is sturdy enough, but does NOT tilt or adjust in any way. The singular small red LED in the corner is subtle and does not stand out in the dark.The touch controls work well and are straightforward enough. You will probably have to take the brightness down from 100 to about 10 unless you wear welders goggles when viewing. Works in Linux too, again with resolution being auto-detected.

It is a fairly light monitor for it's size and nice and slim, but best of all it does not have that annoying reflective edge that my 22" has which can be a bit distracting. I'm not an expert, but it has a great picture and it is a joy to do graphic design on. I suppose there would be better monitors out there, but for the money, at this size, I don't see what could touch this particular model at this price.

Only one niggle, but it's a major one. Samsung really let the side down by giving a really short power cable that you will have to find an extension for, from somewhere else in the house or buy a new one. This is such an annoying and pointless omission that I am giving this only three stars instead of five. Really, an extra few feet would make all the difference. You get a vga cable and plug for euro sockets, but it comes in two parts and the other half is not long enough to stretch halfway across the width of a tiny room. You may want to buy one if you plan on setting up and using this monitor out of the box.
on 15 March 2014
Noticed some problems with the reviews for this product showing it was a 24" monitor, I am reviewing the 21.5" Samsung S22B350BS 21.5 inch Widescreen LED Monitor, really nice monitor, i use it as a 2nd monitor for watching videos, nice contrast and picture very vibrant, not as good as my old monitor (same model just B not BS) since the older one has a faster refresh rate. DVI cable Not HDMI i was mislead. hopefully they've fixed that now but still very good none the less however would be nice to have mounting compatability
on 17 December 2014
The brightness, color, weight, and cost are all great.

However the stand is fairly rubbish and there is no VESA mount on the back. I will never buy these monitors again for these reasons, but I give it 4 stars because it is incredibly good value for money (at least when I bought it). The horizontal viewing angles are remarkably good, however I only noticed that colors/brightness would change as I move items up and down when I got my IPS monitor to compare against.
on 23 June 2012
Great screen, so much panel for so little cash. This screen looks very smart and performs very well, it is about £150 everywhere else, so at the discounted price it is a steal. Samsung quality.
on 10 February 2014
Sadly I had to return this, not due to any fault but as the wide screen is not siutable if your main interest is phootgraphy.
I wanted a large screen but 21.5 inch widescreen is completely the wrong format for pictures. I eventually discovered the ideal
in a Samsung S24C450BW 24 inch screen. That is superb.

See one answered question