5.0 out of 5 stars BEST Travel Mug EVER
Published 22 months ago by msw

3.0 out of 5 stars Leak-Proof - Not Really. Keeps Warm for 3 Hours.
This is a good travel mug, and certainly one you should look into if you're going to have it in a cup holder. If you won't, it has some disappointing failings.

Leak-Proof:
Published 14 months ago by CantuMoran

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST Travel Mug EVER, 5 May 2013
Last year I realized that I was spending over 500 Euro buying coffee at work. This was definately an area that I could address in order to save money!! I purchased a Tassimo coffee maker (Espresso..Latte...Cappucinos...) in order to make some quality coffee at home. Now I needed to find a way to safely transport my lovely coffee to work. I read all of the reviews and watched customer videos that rated this Contigo West Loop Autoseal Mug and decided to splurge (you get what you pay for!). Well, it has been 5 months now since my purchase and I can honestly say that this travel mug is worth it's weight in gold! I warm up the mug with hot water and then fill as recommended to below the cap threads. I then throw the mug into my handbag. Never once has this mug dripped or leaked or spilled a single millilitre of liquid!!! The seal on the lid is amazing! When you depress the "serving button" you can hear the hiss as the heat and pressure is released. My coffee stays hot in the mug for 3 hours and there isn't any taste of plastic off of the cap. The mug itself is very stylish and has a great ergonimic design... feels great to hold! I absolutely love this travel mug and would DEFINATELY purchase another. I am saving a fortune by making my own specialty coffee and am confident that this mug will transport the contents safely. I cannot recommend this product enough. DO NOT HESTITATE.....BUY THIS ONE!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Contigo West Loop Autoseal Mug, 3 May 2012
This review is from: Contigo West Loop Autoseal Travel Mug - 470 ml - Raspberry (Kitchen & Home)
As a coffee addict who travels over an hour to get to work, I got quite frustrated with many different types of travel mugs I tried. They kept my coffee warm but all had the same problem: They were leaking. So I had a look at what else is on offer and when I read the good reviews for this product, I decided to spend a bit more and ordered it.

It arrived safely and after cleaning it to make sure I don't have unwanted smells or an unpleasant taste in my coffee, I wanted to see how good it really is. I wouldn't normally let my coffee sit there for hours but I was curious to find out how long the mug keeps it hot. After 3,5 hours (full mug), it was still quite hot and even after I drank some, it didn't cool down as quick as it does in my other travel mug. The plastic lid doesn't smell or taste weird and that's another plus because I have another travel mug which wasn't cheap and it took a long time to get rid of that plastic taste and smell.

The Contigo West Loop has a good size. I have what I would call medium sized hands and I find it very easy to push the button at the back of the lid, which is partially rubberised. So far, I didn't burn myself because the coffee doesn't come shooting out and I won't end up with a lot more in my mouth than I expected. The lid also has a hole (autosealed) to let steam escape when you're drinking from it.

I've tried a lot to make this mug leak but I guess unless I use brute force, it's not that easy. I had a full mug sitting upside down for hours, walked around while shaking it, put it in my bag, on the car seat. Nothing. It doesn't leak. I finally found my perfect travel mug! :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars the best travel mug ever, 10 April 2014
Jacqueline (Dumbarton, Dunbartonshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I love this mug! I've been using this for a while now as it takes me ages to drink a hot drink. I can fill this at 8am, throw it in my backpack and it's still too hot to drink by 11am if you don't vent the stream. I am usually still sipping my apple tea by lunchtime and it's still hot!

I've read others saying it's hard to clean but I've found it fine. A squirt of washing up liquid, boiling water and a good shake is fine. Occasionally I'll leave it to soak and use a bottle brush, but a colleague of mine usues a denture tablet for coffee stains about once a month.

I use mines daily and the paint is starting to chip off of the bottom, there are a few scratches and a small chip on the side, I have the green one and considering I throw it in my bag and have dropped it a few times it looks great.

Handy tip - you can use this in a well known coffee chain and get 25p off the price. Great for a hot chocolate to go. Ask for the smallest size, they fill it right up to the top anyway 😜

5.0 out of 5 stars They don't lie about it being leak proof!, 22 Sept. 2014
Jamie Cullen "Jamie" (Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK) - See all my reviews
Been on the fence about getting this for a while since every single travel mug I've ever used has been so bad at retaining heat and every one of them leaked even while swirling my drink lightly. This one however is hands down the best and that's why its more expensive then your average flask. It's worth every penny!

Had it for just 2 days and every drink that has been in the mug has been shaken quite violently to test its ability to keep drinks in and it never leaked a single drop. It kept my first drink hot for 3 hours and it was still barely drinkable it was that hot.
the lid did bring a disgusting taste at first, however I did clean the top as instructed in hot water for 10 minuets and by the third drink I'd had in the mug the taste had disappeared.

Over all its amazing and you should just get one right now!

3.0 out of 5 stars Leak-Proof - Not Really. Keeps Warm for 3 Hours., 3 Jan. 2014

Leak-Proof:
It is, but it isn't (bare with me). Once you have the lid screwed on tight you can hold it upside down, chuck it around, whatever you like; and not a drop will come out. However, if the mug doesn't sit upright and liquid touches up against the lid then then the second that you press the button to open it a small amount of the contents will be forced out by the pressure; leaking on to you and potentially burning you. I don't see this being much of a problem for vehicles with cup holders; but anyone walking or carrying this in a rucksack should be prepared to clean up.

Time Drink Kept Warm:
I've found that it keeps my coffee warm for about three hours. Any longer than that and it's lukewarm (at best) and very quickly declines. However, it keeps it near kettle hot for 2 and a half hours, so I've found I've got roughly 30 minutes where the drink is at its best.
Note - I do follow the instructions to pre-heat the mug with hot water, but I do walk to work and I'm giving my times based off of December/January temperatures; so this is more of a worse case scenario.

Build Quality:
It's lasted well enough, however I've got the blue one and the paint is extremely fragile. By that, I mean it started to peel off when I took the barcode sticker off of the bottom. During my trips to work and back, it's really starting to look battle scared without much reason to. Looking at the other reviews; this does seem to be an issue with the coloured versions, but the plain silver one should be alright. If you don't care much about appearances then this shouldn't be a problem.

Plastic Taste:
Unlike other reviewers, the mug I've got does have a noticeable plastic taste, sadly, although it's much better than any other mugs I've had before. I've tried various things with the lid, but can't get the taste to shift. I've also gone through a wide variety of coffee types (machine, instant, french press) and intensity and it's there for all of them.

Would I Recommend:
This would depend on how you plan to use it, really. If you're not going to be outside all that much, it would keep the drink warm for a long time and so would be better and also you wouldn't have to deal with the leaks when pressing the button. However, if you're out and about a lot, or there's a chance that the mug will not be sat upright, I'd say it's best to try and find an alternative.

Would I Buy Again:
Oddly enough, yes. This is only because I've yet to find anything as leak-proof as this. If I do; then that'd be the end of me and this mug.

Overall it's good. Just not good enough.

4.0 out of 5 stars Contigo West Loop Autoseal Travel Mug, 19 Oct. 2014
SilentSinger (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This product was recommended to me on the popular parenting website, Mumsnet as one of their 'Swears By' items, so I thought I'd go ahead and purchase one as I adore coffee and can't bear the brown sugary water I make via the instant sachets I buy for work. After receiving it I was at a bit of a loss of how to remove the lid, but my husband sensibly suggested that it was a screw on top (doh!) and after that, it was a doddle. Warming it up with a slosh of boiling water in the morning and filling it with coffee fresh from my machine, I was good to go. On the train sipping was very easy and although I'm certainly not one of those commuters who insists on boarding a packed train with a huge cup of scalding hot coffee, this would be a fantastic compromise. My drink kept warm for about four hours, which was great. It was very secure too and I didn't worry about it spilling all over my work laptop.

The lid portion can be placed in the top rack of the dishwasher, but the main body of the unit has to be handwashed. I guess this is to ensure that the coloured coating doesn't get scurfed off by the cleaning motion? My only slight complaint, hence the four star rating, is that the coffee tasted slightly plasticky and therefore akin to supping out of an old Thermos flask, which was a bit of a shame.

In conclusion: great price, fab product and very much a 'must have' for us coffee guzzlers out there.

4.0 out of 5 stars Spill-proof & smash-proof, 1 July 2014
This truly is spill proof - I can throw it in my bag and not have to worry about keeping it upright. My daughter has one which she is in the habit of dropping - frequently - and although dented, it is still intact and perfectly usable.
It keeps things cold much longer than hot, in common with all travel mugs of this type, but hot drinks are still hot for at least a couple of hours. A word of warning if you plan to use it for your commute in & will therefore drink it quite soon after making...make sure you check the temperature is drinkable FROM THE SPOUT. The first coffee I made was the perfect temp when I tested it from the open mug - but the first sip on the bus burned my lips.even though I had allowed the requisite time for the steam/vapour to escape.So I make it slightly cooler than my usual. (Obviously if you're not going to drink it for an hour or two, it's probably better to make it as hot as possible.)
Other things you might want to know - the lid is dishwasher safe (as is the plain, uncoloured, steel mug.) But the coloured mugs aren't & need to be hand washed. I chose the green knowing that was the case because (a) the spout is the bit that's more difficult to clean & (b) I'm shallow & superficial ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Travel Mug!, 6 Nov. 2011
I was looking for a new travel mug having been through several cheaper versions over the past few years. I liked the look of this one and although initially wary due to the price, once I had read all the positive reviews I thought it could be worth a gamble. I was not disappointed.......it is a gorgeous colour, keeps my drink hot for hours, allows just the right amount of liquid out so you don't burn your mouth, and best of all it doesn't leak in my bag!!
I am thrilled with this product-well worth the money in my opinion!

5.0 out of 5 stars Looooove this mug, 26 April 2014
It is the best travel mug that I have ever seen. No spills! and very nice design. Though it is a bit heavy but I do not mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant travel mug, 25 May 2014
I'm fed up of dropping and smashing plastic based travel mugs, and I needed one that was completely leakproof as I get a coffee on the way to work and put it in a backpack or coat pocket. I got this one after much searching, it was on offer at about £16. It is truly leakproof thanks to an ingenious mechanism that holds the drinking flap closed - shake it upside down, not a drip. Keeps drinks nice and warm for ages too, a little too efficiently in a way! It's not hard to push in the button you can see at the top of the flask to open the flap to take a drink - I have arthritis in my hands and find it easy enough with one or two fingertips. You won't regret buying this!