5.0 out of 5 stars More useful advice from Gina Ford
This new book is a godsend. If you like concise, straightforward advice on how to deal with a toddler and new baby, this is the book for you. There are plenty of books around with advice on toddlers or new babies, but this book focuses properly on the trials and tribulations of the combination of both!
One of the great things about this book is the advice on how to...
Published on 30 Jun 2009 by bossanova

2.0 out of 5 stars OK
Good book however not much different from the other baby book so if youalready have the 1st book I wouldn't bother.
Published on 8 Nov 2011 by Emma

5.0 out of 5 stars More useful advice from Gina Ford, 30 Jun 2009
One of the great things about this book is the advice on how to adjust the routine for playdates or school runs and on how to establish the bed and bath routine for both a toddler and a baby. This is the hardest bit for most mums. Especially the time between 5-7pm (a difficult time for us all!). A great gift for a parents expecting their second baby.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect - detailed!, 1 Aug 2009
I know Gina is controversial, but I followed her routines with my first baby and it worked perfectly. This one is a lot 'softer' than her main one (a reaction to criticism maybe?) with less bossy instructions for mothers (!) and is also very detailed, to take into account possible age gaps, different plans (school runs etc) and as a result is more detailed. However, offers the same straightforward and practical routines as her others books and as someone else said, great tips on dealing with a toddler at feeding times etc. Also has more troubleshooting tips than her other books I think. A godsend indeed for someone with a newborn and a toddler like me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book, 16 July 2009
Andrew John Bell (East Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This is a great book. If you have a toddler and a small baby then this is for you. The bottom line is that it works. We have a toddler and small baby. The routines described in the book are both practical, sensible and easy to administer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Full of useful info, 16 Jun 2013
After using gina 's contented baby for my first child I was intrigued to know how the routines could work with my 2nd. Really easy to follow and full of useful information start to finish

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, 12 Jan 2013
Really great book. Stern, but fair, and I like to use it with the kids. Helps a lot. Easier to organise your day with the kids

5.0 out of 5 stars TODDLERS, 26 July 2010
I like Gina Ford's books as I followed the CLB book with my first daughter and feel her advice gave me confidence which many new mum's feel. Baby number 2 is due in september so I have started reading and again find the information reassuring moving from 1 to 2 young children. My daughter will be coming up 17 months when I have the baby so need all the help I can get!!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars OK, 8 Nov 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars saviour, 9 Sep 2010
two children with a small gap between them both, it was comforting to read that am doing most things the right way for our family. a few handy hints to help along the way, a good read to reinforce your parenting instincts +++++

5.0 out of 5 stars My saviour!, 20 Oct 2009
E. Barnes (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
I followed the Contended Baby routines with my first baby and he is now aged two and has always slept and eaten really well. My friends with children of a similar age can't believe how good he is at sleeping. We have never really felt the sleep deprivation that other parents of young children talk about (except in the very early few weeks of course!). With this in mind, lots of people have passed comment that he is probably an 'exception' and we're 'lucky'. Although I have always been an advocate of Gina's routines based on my experience with my first, the 'doubters' were getting to me, so in some ways I was nervous about having another baby - would he or she easily adapt to the routines suggested by Gina or would we eventually get to experience all the traumas of night time waking and fussy feeders?! More importantly, would a new baby disrupt the routines that we have so easily fitted into our lives with our first child.
The Contented Baby with Toddler has saved me! It is another excellent, practical guide to adopting routines that fit into our lives (especially our toddler's!) and offer the best chances of a happy little baby who sleeps well. This book has given me the confidence that the routines will work and I'm looking forward to proving all the doubters wrong with my second baby!

5.0 out of 5 stars Contented Toddler...., 29 May 2011
I've just started to read this so I can't give an accurate comment but I know Gina Ford will do it again! My second baby is not due till Sept 2011 so I have bought this book in preparation. The Toddler & Baby book already seems to give you great details in how to manage a newborn and an excitable toddler. The timings in this second book also seem more flexible.

I bought Gina Ford's first book and the routine worked well with my first child, so I'll be sticking with GF all the way. It's a great way to quickly learn how much sleep a newborn baby needs and how to deal with any problems within the first year. My son has stuck to the routine well and is a happy, contented little 2 year old. Gina Ford rules!
I've also followed GF's one week potty training and that worked too. She's amazing.... so give it a go.