on 14 January 2014
Read the reviews about this bed and was in no doubt about ordering straight away. I liked the fact that it was eco and filled with wool and silk. We purchased a shaker style wooden 5ft bedframe from amazon and this was all put together Saturday afternoon 11th January 2014. We had our first nights sleep in it and wasn't disappointed. It feels and looks so luxurious, I felt like a princess. It is so comfortable, not too soft, not too hard/firm, just right. It is 10" deep which is more than my previous mattress.

I have no resovations in recommending this mattress as it is fantastic value for money and I cannot see the point in spending anymore. I have slept on a v-sprung mattress at a posh upmarket hotel and I thought that was GOOD, but this is very similar.

I wish this online bed company lots of success in their business as they deserve it...

We had no problem with delivery, all worked like clockwork, also I would like to say thankyou to Teddy at Happy Beds in customer service for politeness and efficiency.

My husband and I are very satisfied customers and this is the best mattress that we have had. I knew that I had ordered the right mattress after just looking at a few and trusted my instincts.
on 9 April 2015
I bought this mattress last July and I would say that by about November/December (less than 5 months) it already showed signs of sagging/dipping on both my side and my wife's side even though we flipped the mattress about once a month. The sags/dips have visibly got worse and the comfort with it. We both find this mattress extremely uncomfortable and have recently purchased another mattress to replace it. I have been getting backache and even sore ribs on my sides as a result of the sinking dips for some months now; I honestly can't wait to get rid of it.

It's worth me noting that we sit this mattress on a wooden slatted style bed. I do believe that had we have had a divan style bed then the mattress might have lasted longer, but I would not recommend to anyone who has a slatted bed.

We have now purchased a Viscooool mattress from Bensons for beds at 3 times the price which is 3 inches thicker so are hoping for it to be way more comfortable and significantly longer lasting.
on 3 October 2013
I did not have much budget for a new bed so did a lot of research to find this one. I wanted a pocket sprung as I have had a memory foam one before and found it loose firmness after a while, and the open coil is not good as the springs eventually start poking you! Pocket sprung are very expensive and the more "pockets" you have the more expensive they get! I read all the reviews for this one and noted comments about smell, weight and delivery. Here is my experience - delivery: got an email from Happy Beds after purchase with delivery company's details so I called them and sorted out delivery, they arrived on said date and time and my husband and I were able to carry up the stairs ourselves. Weight: it is a little heavy but would expect that in a quality mattress, I am still able to turn the mattress myself no problem. Smell - what smell? There is no smell at all! In all I have had this for a few months now and my husband, who used to suffer with bad back with our memory foam one, and I have had a good nights sleep since getting this mattress. It's good quality, comfortable and well worth the money!
on 10 April 2014
I'm going to go ahead and say that this mattress is not meant to be a "primary use" mattress. After two months, there are already deep indentations where two people sleep on the mattress. Although the mattress is generally comfortable, the indentations reduce comfort by restricting you to sleep in the same general spot every night. There's a nice "hump" of less used mattress in between us, which causes each of us to roll to the edges of the mattress. I think for the price, size, and general comfort, it would make for a great guest bedroom mattress. However, I would not recommend it as an everyday use mattress. I already anticipate having to buy a new mattress within the next two years, and mattresses are meant to last longer than that.
on 19 November 2014
Was initially very happy with this bed but have to say that sagging has occurred after approx. one year or so and there's now discernible 'dips' with a centre ridge... My back's fairly bad so we've had to replace it. Wish we'd gone for a more reputable brand to start with :-(
on 30 June 2012
I like this mattress very much, my husband and I have problems with our back and this mattress is very good we seem to be sleeping better and not waking up with soar backs or hips Would recommend this highly
on 17 November 2013
Maybe I was expecting too much. Having a 2000 pocket on our bed I thought I'd get one for one of my children. This is OK but nothing like as good as our one.

If you are heavy, like me, and roll to the edge you tend to almost roll off the bed.

So it's ok and relately cheap but my daughter said she'd noticed no difference from the cheaper normal mattress it replaced.
on 18 June 2013
I have had sciatica for a long time , getting a good nights sleep has been almost impossible, I bought this mattress hoping it would help. and I have just had the best nights sleep in years , I slept for 7 hours solid, this is the best thing I have ever bought, simply amazing , buy it you will not be disappointed , and the delivery was very quick ,ordered thurs eve, got delivered Tuesday at the time they said , brilliant service and super brilliant mattress , *****
on 21 January 2015
Great fast polite seller and this mattress has to be the best thing I've bought in a long time.I have a spinal disease called AS and take morphine amongst other horrid drugs,so getting asleep ,staying asleep with minimals pain is hard.I foolishly bought a "too good to be true" lol memory foam double for under £100..I KNOW:( stupid or what..i was led to believe it was so thin because it had to settle..night 3 i was on the couch ater night 2 with 2 duvets padding the bed out....I treated myself to this absolutely beautiful mattress which is most def handmade /tufted and the comfort is amazing.I think it would stop couples rolling into each other LOL in bed as its sprung so well..Can't recommend it enough.The seller offered me sound advice without being pushy..I recommend them and the mattress is wonderful.
on 23 September 2013
This must be the best buy i have ever had, EVER!!!! I am not an older person writing this review, yet i used to wake up with back ache and neck tension which gave me a headache. I also wanted to get rid of Polyester/polyproplene materials from my bedding and mattress as i reacted to those products and felt so hot, even in cold weather. I was a bit dubious about buying The Happy beds 2000 pocket sprung organic platinum mattress just based on reviews, but it sounded great, so after asking the company a few questions, i bought it. HEAVEN in mattress form for me!! It is soooo comfortable!! It supports my whole body, does not sag ,but is not like a brick either. I sleep longer without waking up inbetween and i drop off to sleep easily now. I no longer get up with back ache or neck tension and gone is that horrible burning heat caused (in my case) by man made fibres. The mattress is really organic and natural and is (combined with my 100% cotton bedding) wonderful to sleep on. In fact i have become a mattress bore as i keep talking about it!! I highly recommend this product.
Only negative is, that the delivery men were reluctant to carry it up the stairs and it weighs a ton!! However they did do it in the end when they realised we had no way of getting it upstairs.
Well done happy beds...Great Product!!!