Format: DVD|Change

on 18 May 2012
This documentary is riddled with bad acting scenes and, in general, a dull atmosphere which fails to capture what really happened on the Titanic. True, it does go into detail as to the workers onboard the Titanic and how Belfast (where the great ship was built) felt when RMS Titanic went down. However, for a documentary on the Titanic, I wouldn't recommend this unless you've got nothing else to watch.
on 7 June 2012
I have taken specific interest in the building of the magnificent ship, the Titanic. I was very dissapointed when I purchased this video having seen a programme on the TV of the same name and I needed a record to add to my collection. I had expected to see the unneccessary cost cutting between the Harland and Warf management and the original designers; the reduction in numbers of lifeboats for the image created by H&W to show that the ship was unsinkable. The sectarian problems in the ship yards between the Catholic and Protestant employees. How, out of all this chaos, the ship was finally built. In this video the ship was built, sailed to Souhampton and sank in the Atlantic in the first 20mins of viewing.

Very disapointing and in my mind a waste of money
on 19 January 2014
I chose to rate it '5' because it was extraordinary film! I feel as one stated in the film that the ship BELONGS in Belfast because she was planned there and built there. The video is made to stress to the fact that not only did the ship was planned there but the White Star Line provided work for nearly 15.000 People.
I really liked the film because it showed the achivement and one New thing: Titanic Quarters. I did not know that was the actual plan : to build it. It's uplifting and as a Titanic buff the video was a necessity for me to get!
I recommend it to anyone who IS Titanic buff and there is a history in the video as well. So it's I think a '5' star video. Dome from Irish perspective.
on 7 May 2013
This was a big disappoinment. I think it was produced as a tourist promotional vodeo for Belfast. because that's it is. I'm becoming very jaded about the Titanic, with so many people simply cashing in on the 100th anniversary but failing to offer anything different. Save your money.
on 17 April 2012
this is not as good as one would expect i would prefer the 100 years below to me it has a more interesting story to it
on 5 January 2013
A very interesting and quality product to go with the anniversary of a tragic event 100 years ago. Thank you
on 28 May 2013
a very good documentary about the making of this magnificent ship, something that should make all the Irish proud. the sinking we can blame the ice berg not the construction
on 8 May 2014
Amazing great to see how much went into building a ship like the titanic and also the cost of life before it even sailed
on 5 January 2015
My Dad has been searching high and low for this so was over the moon with it.
on 25 October 2014